1973 RL797LST with tank

KidNV

I would stuff that tire in the back of the Jeep if at all possible. I think you will have 1 hell of a time getting it on the rack by yourself. Unless you go over the hood and roll it up that way lol. I know I have a hell of a time getting my spares off the ground to the top of my tires to then get it to the top of the neck of the trailer. Once I get it to the top of the tires the rest is easier.

I would stuff that tire in the back of the Jeep if at all possible. I think you will have 1 hell of a time getting it on the rack by yourself. Unless you go over the hood and roll it up that way lol. I know I have a hell of a time getting my spares off the ground to the top of my tires to then get it to the top of the neck of the trailer. Once I get it to the top of the tires the rest is easier.

Inside is my first preference but I've not measured to ensure it will fit with other stuff I want to carry. I'm pretty sure the truck has 11R X 24.5 rubber on it. I'd pay for a road service call to change it alongside the road cause my expanded and enhanced mid section doesn't let me see the rim bead to use a tire hammer anymore.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I always thought that it must help having a belly like a bowl full of jelly (sorry Clement Clark Moore) - most tire guys around here meet that requirement. I wonder if the "rebound" helps raise the hammer for the next swing?

I always thought that it must help having a belly like a bowl full of jelly (sorry Clement Clark Moore) - most tire guys around here meet that requirement. I wonder if the "rebound" helps raise the hammer for the next swing?
I couldn't really tell you but a tire hammer will do a lot of damage to a rim if it lands wrong. I don't attempt that work any longer cause I just can't hardly see the rim bead without being extremely off balance.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Looks like a sweet project, Uncle Rob. Have fun getting it home. I think you should be able to handle it, just as long as everything is legal.

Ben

Thanks nephew. It should be fairly easy going. I have antique plates on all my trucks as none make a living for me any longer. Lot of stuff a truck is exempt from going this route and the license plates are MUCH less expensive.

Uncle Rob

Legal?? Ha!! Who said anything about legal????

"Badges?? We don't need no stink'n badges"

Hence the reason for antique plates.......

Rob

Thanks nephew. It should be fairly easy going. I have antique plates on all my trucks as none make a living for me any longer. Lot of stuff a truck is exempt from going this route and the license plates are MUCH less expensive.

Uncle Rob

I was wondering, if a truck has an antique plate, can you drive it without a CDL? If so, we'll put an antique plate one on our B60, because my dad doesn't have a CDL.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I was wondering, if a truck has an antique plate, can you drive it without a CDL? If so, we'll put an antique plate one on our B60, because my dad doesn't have a CDL.

Ben

I believe you can but it certainly wouldn't hurt to get a CDL with anything that has air brakes. There are several of your "partners in crime" that live in PA so might be best to ask them too.

Uncle Rob

Rob as of right now I will be trucking out to Long Beach April 7th and will be returning with the truck the following weekend. As of right now I will be solo for that trip.

Then if all goes well I will be heading out to northern CA in May. yet to be decided if im solo on that trip but I can surely bring tools out for sure... if it helps? will know more end of April if I am solo.... do you have any plans set in stone yet?

Rob as of right now I will be trucking out to Long Beach April 7th and will be returning with the truck the following weekend. As of right now I will be solo for that trip.

Then if all goes well I will be heading out to northern CA in May. yet to be decided if im solo on that trip but I can surely bring tools out for sure... if it helps? will know more end of April if I am solo.... do you have any plans set in stone yet?

No, nothing firm yet. Still would like to have a chase vehicle if at all possible. We will have to talk as time gets closer.

Rob