48' Mack LT for sale

The LT series of truck always bring a high dollar. I don't doubt it fetches someplace close to his asking. The Hall-Scott engine will attract a collector crowd as there are not that many around not in collections.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Im not an LT fan but any Mack in the 40's makes my ears perk up. The Hall Scott would be cool but I really like Diesels.

ya,,,im with you babba,,,around here,,LT owners are in a class of there own,,,none of them do thier own work,,,and they all show up clean,with thier noses in the air,,,taken all the trophys,for doing absolutely nothing,mexicans,,do all the ballbusting,,,and get no credit....and they do absollutely nothing for me,,,as it is....especially fulla chrome goodie,s...lol yawn yawn.bob

ya,,,im with you babba,,,around here,,LT owners are in a class of there own,,,none of them do thier own work,,,and they all show up clean,with thier noses in the air,,,taken all the trophys,for doing absolutely nothing,might as well own a pete....mexicans,,do all the ballbusting,,,and get no credit....and they do absollutely nothing for me,,,as it is....especially fulla chrome goodie,s...lol yawn yawn.now the LJ,,thats a differant story...bob :banana:

In my opinion,the LT was one of the best looking trucks Mack ever made,and given their relative rarity,i think his asking price is reasonable alltough the Hall-Scott engine has no interest for me,this truck is prolly worth a LOT more than the asking price,i have have personally seen restored LT's sell for $100,000 plus! so if someone were to get it at a good price,put some more into it,there is still room to make money on it....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I don't think I would enjoy "showing" a vehicle that I did not do the work to myself. Maybe that is just me but I appreciate anything with some "old" to it at a show and enjoy speaking with the parties that actually brought the item to the condition you view it in, whether they paid for it, or performed the functions themselves. As long as the "fruits of the labor" are shared. Most folks I've met at truck shows are very honest and open about the project and it's course. As with anything there is a bit of arrogance but still a good time to listen to the stories and look at photos.

My favorite thing to converse about is with the owner who paid a professional, yet worked alongside them during the functions.This is the best of both worlds. I don't expect to drive a truck as well as a career driver, and I don't expect them to apply and finish paint like I can. I also like the type that show a vehicle cause it is old but are up front about purchasing it the way it sits to let others enjoy it's existence.

That doesn't just go for LT series of trucks but most anything out there. The backbiting just doesn't sit well with me.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey guys don't group all LT and LTL owners together. I have met assholes who restored many models of mack and I have met LT owners who were as nice and helpful as any of you guys. I own a '49 LTL and I am doing my own work and I respect anybody who restores any vintage truck at any level. From what you have said I feel like I may have gotten a good deal on mine, I paid under $10,000 and it drives and runs with zero rust. Anyway just don't be so quick to judge a man by his truck for better or worse.

Thanks

Ernie the 6-110 GMC Diesel was put in 1950'S GMC 900 series. PIE ran some. There was an article in Wheels of Time a few years ago about them. Joe D.

WOW! I would have loved to have driven one of them! My Uncle had an HD 20 A-C bulldozer with a 6-110, needless to say it was a great dozer an would push anything you dumped in front of it! We also had about 6 IH TD24's they also would push there ass off, an with 2 speed steering! The only thing you needed was a full time Mech. an about 3 sets of cyl. heads! One more thing, we also had an old fire truck on the dump that had a hall scott mod. 440, don't know if it's the same motor but this one had HEMI heads an dual ignition it was a power house but they had soft cranks, and if you pushed them they would break!

BULLHUSK

Nice, probbly worth the money and the Hall Scotts are a bit of a rarity and I've seen them mostly in fire trucks. I do have a different respect for some one who did all or some of their own work. I did all of my 41 Chevy my self ,except for the chrome and the machine work on the engine. Not every one can do that or has the place to do it,so I've come to feel that how ever you did it ,by labor or by check you have saved it from being scrapped or just rotting away. I do feel though that if you wrote a check at least have the basic knowledge of the vehicle. Saw a "gentleman" at a show a while back with a perfectly restored Packard. A 99.9 point car, except the clock wasn't working. He had panic finding his "man" who came over and wound the clock! If you own it at leasat know what makes it tick. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...

I realize my love for old Macks often clouds my judgement,but $7900 for this truck is a steal in my opinion.If I had the extra funds at this time,I would have hit the "buy it now" in a heartbeat.Don't get me wrong,nobody likes a bargain better than me,but let's consider what we have here.It's not a B-61 or old R model they made boatloads of,it's an LT,2009 made from '47 to '56,and it's an early LT at that.Original components,unmolested,a real survivor.Try to find one of those early LT louvred hoods.My LT is the first one built,but no where near as original as this one,as it has been wrecked,rebuilt and repowered over it's working life,and there's no way I'd take that price for mine.