B Model Cab Parts

post-2694-0-46912600-1310213675_thumb.jppost-2694-0-43450500-1310214218_thumb.jp

Here is the B-61LST I have for sale. No title but I drove it 10 miles home recently. It has a starter or wiring problem as it melted a battery post last time I started it. I got this truck only because it is too nice for the scrapyard. I have no time for another project and would just like to see the truck or its parts go to good use.

Gregg

I'd certainly like to have it for parts but I really don't know how I'd justify it on the home front. "Momma" is at odds with me on the current number or iron around here that doesn't seem to get worked on quickly.Seems the house that has been put off for about 15 years whist we were getting kids educated has become a priority for her........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

post-2694-0-46912600-1310213675_thumb.jppost-2694-0-43450500-1310214218_thumb.jp

Here is the B-61LST I have for sale. No title but I drove it 10 miles home recently. It has a starter or wiring problem as it melted a battery post last time I started it. I got this truck only because it is too nice for the scrapyard. I have no time for another project and would just like to see the truck or its parts go to good use.

Gregg

How much for the doors? Left and Right...really all I need is the glass and vent windows....but would take the whole doors

Can you take some photos of the fifth wheel and mount? Also some pics of the brake actuators...

Thanks

Leslie

Just my opinion but that truck is way too decent to be cannabalized for parts.What will happen is you might sell a couple things,then you'll have an incomplete truck that you'll end up getting tired of looking at it it will end up as scrap.I've seen this happen way too many times.Keep it whole,please,even if all you do is look at it.The price of iron has sent way too many to china already.There's way more than enough loose parts around without taking apart a decent truck like yours.

Just my opinion but that truck is way too decent to be cannabalized for parts.What will happen is you might sell a couple things,then you'll have an incomplete truck that you'll end up getting tired of looking at it it will end up as scrap.I've seen this happen way too many times.Keep it whole,please,even if all you do is look at it.The price of iron has sent way too many to china already.There's way more than enough loose parts around without taking apart a decent truck like yours.

Think I'd have to have it no matter the consequence at home before letting that happen.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Think I'd have to have it no matter the consequence at home before letting that happen.

Rob

I agree,it galls me to see sellers (no one here mind you) that use the threat of "sending it to the scrapyard if i dont get 50K for it" be it Mack trucks,or other "vintage" vehicles,i just saw a nice useable Studebaker lark get crushed down here not to long ago,because noone would pay the asking price ( a ridiculous $5000.00 )............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 4 weeks later...

It happens over here as well, just recently R700 was up for grabs and the guy wanted to much but was willing to send to scrap but wouldn't sell it for scrap value to me. Don't understand, shame freight is so expensive to Aus

was thinkin that myself,,but has no papers,that scares people,its not a big deal,,generally after 3 years,,its out of the system,and they give you a fresh title.bob

I agree leave it whole, it looks too nice to part out. FYI in N.Y. any pre title (I think 1973 and older) yo need a bill of sale and a tracing off the VIN. The DMV will than issue a 1 year non transferable registration. After the year if nothing bad shows up in the system they'll issue a standard tranferable registation. I did this with my B and my AC even though they were non runners just to get it over with. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

was thinkin that myself,,but has no papers,that scares people,its not a big deal,,generally after 3 years,,its out of the system,and they give you a fresh title.bob

There are ways I can get a title for this truck. If a buyer wants the complete truck and a title, I will get that done.

I apologize for not responding sooner, however my computer time is limited and I am seeing some older posts for the first time. I also have a plate full of other projects and this B has been on the back burner.

Gregg

Not sure if the OP is going to reply or not, but I couldn't help noticing he was asking for floor mats. So where would one find repro floor mats for such a truck?

ya,,noticed that myself,,guess gregg didnt notice that...think watts B model store sells them,,thier not cheap,think $200 bucks for full set