Tire Black

Maybe I'm showing my age. The old timers would tire black their tires. I have tires on my B model that are discolored and I was trying to find tire black. I can remember Dupont made some at one time, like in the late 70's. Some of those guys would mix gasoline and maybe black paint, I can't remember for sure. If anybody has a solution for me let me know

Thanks

Fireman

Howdy!

I've got an old commie method my pops told me years ago - at the international fair in Poznań, Poland, they would mix black shoe polish and brake fluid and put that on the tires. I heard it looked beautiful. I'm not so sure though, how this method (and many others described here, for that matter) influence the tire life. While it's surely good to put some kind of pigment on the tire, so that sun rays are blocked out and don't harm the rubber, the solvents that carry that pigment might not be so healthy for them. Should anybody want to try my pops' old method, a word of warning - brake fluid is a pretty strong paint remover, so don't let it contact any painted objects. Hope that helps, have a nice day

Paweł

Howdy!

I've got an old commie method my pops told me years ago - at the international fair in Poznań, Poland, they would mix black shoe polish and brake fluid and put that on the tires. I heard it looked beautiful. I'm not so sure though, how this method (and many others described here, for that matter) influence the tire life. While it's surely good to put some kind of pigment on the tire, so that sun rays are blocked out and don't harm the rubber, the solvents that carry that pigment might not be so healthy for them. Should anybody want to try my pops' old method, a word of warning - brake fluid is a pretty strong paint remover, so don't let it contact any painted objects. Hope that helps, have a nice day

Paweł

I've used just brake fluid on car tires to make them shine, but all the dust would stick to them. never tried the shoepolish mix.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I have been for several years attempting to train the neighbohood cats to alter their spray habits away from my shiny wheels, into circular patterns directly onto my tires. So far, my research indicates that cats are not easily conditioned. They do not respond well to Pavlovian bribery such as dogs will.

My earlier experiments focused on training said cats to urinate into receptacles, to be collected later and manually applied to the tire sidewalls. However, the cats proved to be smarter than truck drivers, as they refuse to pee in a bottle and leave it lay for someone else to pick up.

Gregg

There are many tire conditioning products available from any auto parts store. They will give the tire a nice black shine and UV protect the tire also. I have used 303 on my motorhome tires for years.

Denny

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

I have been for several years attempting to train the neighbohood cats to alter their spray habits away from my shiny wheels, into circular patterns directly onto my tires. So far, my research indicates that cats are not easily conditioned. They do not respond well to Pavlovian bribery such as dogs will.

My earlier experiments focused on training said cats to urinate into receptacles, to be collected later and manually applied to the tire sidewalls. However, the cats proved to be smarter than truck drivers, as they refuse to pee in a bottle and leave it lay for someone else to pick up.

Gregg

you know,thats one of my biggest complaints...(GROWN MEN)are doing this they tell me..discusting..bob

you know,thats one of my biggest complaints...(GROWN MEN)are doing this they tell me..discusting..bob

Hey mowerman,

Don't knock it......i'm needing to know where I can find some Gangster Tires for my Mack with Black Letters instead of white letters.

mike

Hey mowerman,

Don't knock it......i'm needing to know where I can find some Gangster Tires for my Mack with Black Letters instead of white letters.

mike

was talking about pissing in bottles,and leaving them on the side of the road for everone to pick up for them,we see that all the time,along I 5..wtf?

was talking about pissing in bottles,and leaving them on the side of the road for everone to pick up for them,we see that all the time,along I 5..wtf?

I don't see any problem with that......someone's got to do the job. Sounds like the Democratic American way to me. If ya can't fix it then pee on it.

mike

Gregg

cats are best trained and conditioned with a 22 caliber,,,response is instant,,,randyp

If you take the average size cat and hold both front feet together with your left hand, them firmly, but slowly apply a steadily increasing pull or force to the tail, you can feel each and every bone, cartilage, and ligament part within the cat's body.

They are quite limber after the treatment.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yea RandyP, that works ok but, 410 works better. I've seen a 110 work and it makes things interesting.

mike

You are prolly correct Mike, but they flip and flop and breakdance more with the 22 caliber, kinda put on a lil show for you,,,,randyp

You are prolly correct Mike, but they flip and flop and breakdance more with the 22 caliber, kinda put on a lil show for you,,,,randyp

If I pay for a show then I expect to see a good show. I like to see some dancing if it has four legs. With two, I just drop it immediately.

mike

cats are best trained and conditioned with a 22 caliber,,,response is instant,,,randyp

I have found cats around here only respond to .22 training on the 4th of july,especially after trans-gressing a freshly washed and waxed pick-up truck.......Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.