American Loggers

bubbamobilin

Anyone see American Loggers last night? Did I hear the conversation between Eldon Pellitier and Randy Bergoin correctly? Sounded like Eldon is still fond of a Mack Truck. He told Randy if he had a Mack he would have had enough fuel to run all week. Randy said a Mack wouldn't run. Eldon needs to get one of his E9's right or one of those MP10's and go spank that yellow Freightliner!

I cant believe Randy is running a Freightliner...when I drove for him he had 5 Petes and a Western Star. The Pelletiers were running doubles all the time back then pulled them with what Andrew uses as a crane carrier now, all wheel drive RM's with E9's making 600 + horse - those guys know full well how to make a Mack run......Rick

I cant believe Randy is running a Freightliner...when I drove for him he had 5 Petes and a Western Star. The Pelletiers were running doubles all the time back then pulled them with what Andrew uses as a crane carrier now, all wheel drive RM's with E9's making 600 + horse - those guys know full well how to make a Mack run......Rick

Amen Brother! I do wish Eldon woulda spoke up in defenses.

I couldn't figure why they gave the new driver a Titan, and one of the big trailers- he wrecked it twice in 2 days. He said the biggest load he had hauled before was 10 1/2 yards of concrete, so I don't know if he'd ever pulled a trailer before, maybe just drove a concrete mixer-not that there's anything wrong with driving a mixer. They probably should have put him in a Western Star that had already been turned over 4 or 5 times and gave him a regular trailer to start out with.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I couldn't figure why they gave the new driver a Titan, and one of the big trailers- he wrecked it twice in 2 days. He said the biggest load he had hauled before was 10 1/2 yards of concrete, so I don't know if he'd ever pulled a trailer before, maybe just drove a concrete mixer-not that there's anything wrong with driving a mixer. They probably should have put him in a Western Star that had already been turned over 4 or 5 times and gave him a regular trailer to start out with.

Thank You!! I thought I was the only one to ask that question!! As a company driver I've had to work my way to the top, and only after 9 years (Accident free) was I given a new truck. At least give the guy an older truck until he can prove himself!! GEEEEES! :pat:

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the BUG!!!

Didn't a guy by the name of 'BoneCrusher' drive one an the brother drive the other one?? did they fire that guy or did I miss something?? I don't know? an I'm just shootin from the hip here but.....It seems like they have no respect for those new Macks!? Look; I run a few trucks myself an I would NEVER put a green-horn on a late model truck like one of those!! I mean what the hell is wrong with those guys!!... They must be spendin a lot a time down at that new bar that they built!!!

Maybe they didn't have any Western Stars that would run, so they had to use what they had available? The Bonecrusher hasn't been there this season. Maybe the "Valva" comment last year didn't go over so well.

Didn't a guy by the name of 'BoneCrusher' drive one an the brother drive the other one?? did they fire that guy or did I miss something?? I don't know? an I'm just shootin from the hip here but.....It seems like they have no respect for those new Macks!? Look; I run a few trucks myself an I would NEVER put a green-horn on a late model truck like one of those!! I mean what the hell is wrong with those guys!!... They must be spendin a lot a time down at that new bar that they built!!!

Yeah,everybody wanted the new Titan and they gave it to Bonecrusher because he'd been there a long time. I thought it was the same one they put the new guy in,I don't know what became of Bonecrusher.

Bonecrusher works for a different company. From what I hear Pelletiers aren't the easiest to work for. Always crying poor on TV, imagine working for them as they drive up in new a new pickup to say they can't afford anything. I don't think those pull trucks are a cheap hobby.

Yeah,everybody wanted the new Titan and they gave it to Bonecrusher because he'd been there a long time. I thought it was the same one they put the new guy in,I don't know what became of Bonecrusher.

Bonecrusher works for a different company. From what I hear Pelletiers aren't the easiest to work for. Always crying poor on TV, imagine working for them as they drive up in new a new pickup to say they can't afford anything. I don't think those pull trucks are a cheap hobby.

Yes, We have customers complaining that $20,000 is to much for a used CH613 because they are broke, but yet they pull up in a 2012 $45,000 Ford Superduty all chromed out! WTF

:SMOKIE-LFT: I don't think they are hurting for money either. They all drive new pick ups, a couple seasons ago they showed them having a motor cycle ride on the Golden Road, and they were all riding new Harleys, Eldon and Jeff have the pulling trucks, They spared no expense whe building there restaurant / bar. They were probably good to work for at one time , they just have a lot more on their plate now. Bone Crusher worked for Peletier's for a long time he probably noticed the change in atmosphere as they grew from a small family company to a large enterprise. I notice that type of change where I work just in the 4 yrs I've been there. Each year they buy more equiptment, more toys like boats cars motorcycles and take off on vacation most of the winter, while you get less hrs of work get docked time for stupid reasons in the slower winter season, plus they expect you to wash and fuel the trucks for free. Seems to be a trend they all follow as they grow. That's why they say nice guys finish last.

I'd be interested in hearing more about how the Pelletiers really are. I remember a while back they had a couple ex employess bad mouthing them on the Discovery channel forum but the topics all got deleted.

I like the show but it seems everybody but the old timers are unhappy. They must spend all their money on toys because from what the show has showed of there homes, they all have average houses.

Yes, We have customers complaining that $20,000 is to much for a used CH613 because they are broke, but yet they pull up in a 2012 $45,000 Ford Superduty all chromed out! WTF

This is what I've been driving back and forth to the Mack dealer checking on the progress of the work being done on my rig....

...minus the air compressor, of course. :blink:

l.jpg

I like my old trucks....buy 'em cheap, run 'em hard :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

:SMOKIE-LFT: I don't think they are hurting for money either. They all drive new pick ups, a couple seasons ago they showed them having a motor cycle ride on the Golden Road, and they were all riding new Harleys, Eldon and Jeff have the pulling trucks, They spared no expense whe building there restaurant / bar. They were probably good to work for at one time , they just have a lot more on their plate now. Bone Crusher worked for Peletier's for a long time he probably noticed the change in atmosphere as they grew from a small family company to a large enterprise. I notice that type of change where I work just in the 4 yrs I've been there. Each year they buy more equiptment, more toys like boats cars motorcycles and take off on vacation most of the winter, while you get less hrs of work get docked time for stupid reasons in the slower winter season, plus they expect you to wash and fuel the trucks for free. Seems to be a trend they all follow as they grow. That's why they say nice guys finish last.

It's the same all over. Pretty much been that way everywhere i've ever worked,which is not a lot of places. "We ain't got no money,so you've gotta do this,that,and the other...". But taking off to Florida whenever you want and getting a new Cadillac is never a problem.

It doesn't really bother me because I realize I work for them,they don't work for me.I've worked for the same family for almost 32 years now,started with the guys' Grandfather that I drive for now, and they've always been very good to me. I don't have to do much of anything I don't want to, and i'm sure that wouldn't be the case with many larger companies,plus i'm sure i'd have to drive a POS truck instead of this nice Peterbilt.

It's the same all over. Pretty much been that way everywhere i've ever worked,which is not a lot of places. "We ain't got no money,so you've gotta do this,that,and the other...". But taking off to Florida whenever you want and getting a new Cadillac is never a problem.

It doesn't really bother me because I realize I work for them,they don't work for me.I've worked for the same family for almost 32 years now,started with the guys' Grandfather that I drive for now, and they've always been very good to me. I don't have to do much of anything I don't want to, and i'm sure that wouldn't be the case with many larger companies,plus i'm sure i'd have to drive a POS truck instead of this nice Peterbilt.

Yup, them Peterbilts sure look nice on the shoulder with the hood flipped and the driver first scratching his head, then ass as he awaits another tow truck.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this posted in another forum.I'm sure this will affect the Pelletiers, I hope it doesn't put them under, though.

http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/index.php?topic=Portal+News&id=225851&v=article-2008

Judging by the way the Discovery channel bumped to the season finale to Sun at 11am, I don't think we'll be getting another season.