2800 Mile Road Trip, In A Dm

What a way to develop a case of hemorhoids, or pound them into submission.

Glad to hear you made the trip alright.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Got a few good pics, I'll upload them today...all I have to say is man oh man what a rough trip! I dont have a chugger position on my seat, so my back is KILLING ME! All in all the truck made it no problem, I did have to replace an air can in Virginia but that was no big deal, no oil loss, no leaks, just lotsa LOTSA BUMPS! I-40 going thru Arkansas and Oklahoma was a killer, the expansion joints on the road pounded the truck (and its owner) like a rag doll! Pics to follow soon, got a few good ones we took on Route 66 in Arizona, beautiful weather out here, the old girl is gonna love it. I will say this, I pity the people behind me as I pull my first 20 ton load up our mountain pass, 2nd gear at maybe 7 miles an hour LOL! :MackLogo:

Got a few good pics, I'll upload them today...all I have to say is man oh man what a rough trip! I dont have a chugger position on my seat, so my back is KILLING ME! All in all the truck made it no problem, I did have to replace an air can in Virginia but that was no big deal, no oil loss, no leaks, just lotsa LOTSA BUMPS! I-40 going thru Arkansas and Oklahoma was a killer, the expansion joints on the road pounded the truck (and its owner) like a rag doll! Pics to follow soon, got a few good ones we took on Route 66 in Arizona, beautiful weather out here, the old girl is gonna love it. I will say this, I pity the people behind me as I pull my first 20 ton load up our mountain pass, 2nd gear at maybe 7 miles an hour LOL! :MackLogo:

I have been on that stretch of highway from Nashville to OK City. Made that trip many times. The worst is from Littlerock to Fort Smith. I use to insult Bill Clinton as I passed that stretch back in the early to mid 90's.

mike

• 1 month later...

Glad to see you got there all right. Miss seeing your rigs around Shirley/Brookhavn thougfh. What did yopu do with the old stuff? . Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Our view from the back porch of our new home in Mount Charleston Nevada, this pic was taken in December, 40 mins north of Vegas 9000 feet atop the mountain, lots and lots of snow for the Mack to push come next season! Money Money!!!! :thumb:

That's a helluva view you got there. Just hope the old Bulldog doesn't have any trouble breathing at that elevation!

most of the stuff is still in patchogue, exportors bought up most of the old stuff

Exporters? A damned shame I tell you, but I understand why! How much did it cost to move just the one truck cross country?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

That's a helluva view you got there. Just hope the old Bulldog doesn't have any trouble breathing at that elevation!

Exporters? A damned shame I tell you, but I understand why! How much did it cost to move just the one truck cross country?

90% of the stuff we had was pure junk, old stripped injector pumps, turbos etc. No trucks other then a few old B Model's that were cut up for scrap, they were so rotted they were not worth anything. We still have all the other trucks, I refuse to sell them to those guys...they always low balled us on everything thats why they always got stuck with the junk lol! My uncle still runs a whole fleet of old Macks, so we keep most around as parts donors...they only get sold or scrapped when they are nothing more then a shell.

90% of the stuff we had was pure junk, old stripped injector pumps, turbos etc. No trucks other then a few old B Model's that were cut up for scrap, they were so rotted they were not worth anything. We still have all the other trucks, I refuse to sell them to those guys...they always low balled us on everything thats why they always got stuck with the junk lol! My uncle still runs a whole fleet of old Macks, so we keep most around as parts donors...they only get sold or scrapped when they are nothing more then a shell.

I would've takin the B models from you! Glad you and the Old Dog made it safely. Great pics.

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Never,ever seen a B model that was "not worth anything"