Cat Ct Trucks

Mackmann

From what I have read they will feature CAT engines.

Do you have a link. Cuz i tried to find out and i cant find info on the motors anywhere. I know if you want an auto it will be the new CAT auto tranny.

I think i will still stick with my :mack1::thumb:

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

• 9 months later...

We have a scrapyard around here that is tied in with the Caterpillar plants. They have a couple of the new Cat branded trucks. I think they sound a lot like a 6-71 GMC under acceleration, but seem to move faster.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

HO Penn Caterpillar, where my gran son works part time has one to haul their low boy for pick up and delieveries. Looks o.k. sounds o.k. but watching the driver go up the road with an automatic just ain't natural, probably a good tranny but I don't like automatic anything. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 months later...

They just sent me a quote for a triaxle cat dump in an automatic with all the bells and whistles $210k That is too much there are only two kind of people that r going to buy a Cat truck is 1 the guy who wants to be the first one with a new cat truck and the other is a guy who has all cat equipment thats just my 2 cents

I've been told the motor is the result of a joint venture between CAT, Navistar, and MANN (not sure if that's a misprint of the German MAN truck co.) At any rate, there's very little about the truck that is true pure-bred CAT. Navistar alone would stear me clear of it if I was in the market for a new vocational truck. Not that it matters; there's nothing a CAT diesel does that a Mack or Cummins can't do for less money.

That's why I love the bulldogs. The streets would be awful boring if it was only Freightliners and PACCARs.