Should I Be Pissed ?

OK guys honestly! Tell me how you would feel if this happened to you,

Yesterday morning (Saturday)@ about 9am I go on line to Truck paper.com so I see this Brockway 761 V8 Detroit nice shape tandem double frame $3,000 So I call this guy an I talk to him for a good 1/2 hour or so about the truck,He's a house mover I tell him I just bought a 66 with a 100,000 lb oscillating 5th wheel thats like new an asked if he would be interested in making a deal with his truck an $$$ so we talk about it a little more an come up with a price for the 5th wheel an cash. OK now I was the 2nd person to call about the truck,so the first guy is gona call him back an look at the truck sunday (today) if he doesn't call him he(the seller) will call me on Sunday so he can give me directions to his place so I can come up on Monday with a trailer an cash an take the truck. OK now in the meantime someone post's the truck on the Brockway web site, now the whole world knows about the truck. Now heres were I want to bite a Huck Bolt off the fram of my truck the seller caller calls me back on Sat. night an tells me the truck has been sold, So I said well OK I guess the guy who was comming on Sunday came today?? No he said a guy came an looked at it about an hour ago an made me a cash offer i couldn't refuse. Well I guess I don't have to tell you what happened then@#$!@&^%*&^$%%^()_+&%# Now I will tell you guys on this web site if you ever deal with me on anything, WHO EVER COMES FIRST WILL HAVE THE RIGHT OF FIRST REFUSAL PERIOD so what do you think should I have been pissed?

Ernie

hard to say.... If im selling something I like to take the first person with cash as he is standing there willing to give me what I want. Some times buyers get cold feet and change their mind in a matter of 5 mins. On the other hand If I said come look at it tomorrow I would not set up any other meetings for other lookers untill after you came to look and made an offer.

Trent

hard to say.... If im selling something I like to take the first person with cash as he is standing there willing to give me what I want. Some times buyers get cold feet and change their mind in a matter of 5 mins. On the other hand If I said come look at it tomorrow I would not set up any other meetings for other lookers untill after you came to look and made an offer.

Trent

First one with cash on the dash that's acceptable. Unless somebody is willing to put down a forfeitable deposit (or at least a portion of it) to hold it for a couple days Paypal, Credit Card, Western Union transfer to me....

OK guys honestly! Tell me how you would feel if this happened to you,

Yesterday morning (Saturday)@ about 9am I go on line to Truck paper.com so I see this Brockway 761 V8 Detroit nice shape tandem double frame $3,000 So I call this guy an I talk to him for a good 1/2 hour or so about the truck,He's a house mover I tell him I just bought a 66 with a 100,000 lb oscillating 5th wheel thats like new an asked if he would be interested in making a deal with his truck an $$$ so we talk about it a little more an come up with a price for the 5th wheel an cash. OK now I was the 2nd person to call about the truck,so the first guy is gona call him back an look at the truck sunday (today) if he doesn't call him he(the seller) will call me on Sunday so he can give me directions to his place so I can come up on Monday with a trailer an cash an take the truck. OK now in the meantime someone post's the truck on the Brockway web site, now the whole world knows about the truck. Now heres were I want to bite a Huck Bolt off the fram of my truck the seller caller calls me back on Sat. night an tells me the truck has been sold, So I said well OK I guess the guy who was comming on Sunday came today?? No he said a guy came an looked at it about an hour ago an made me a cash offer i couldn't refuse. Well I guess I don't have to tell you what happened then@#$!@&^%*&^$%%^()_+&%# Now I will tell you guys on this web site if you ever deal with me on anything, WHO EVER COMES FIRST WILL HAVE THE RIGHT OF FIRST REFUSAL PERIOD so what do you think should I have been pissed?

Ernie

Hey i may be interested in the 5th wheel , what are you asking for it and where are you located and also contact info?

Speedy,

It was the seller who set the rules, he requested that the first couple of callers would have the first shot an that I could not come look at it untill the first caller did, so basically the seller changed the rules during the game!! An thats what pissed me off, because basically he told us we couldn't come to see it, but of course there's always someone comming in the back door an we all know what I'm talkin about

BULLHUSK PS an like Lmack. said we already set up a meeting for Monday with a price with the 5th wheel included. so the deal was made if the first guy backed out! thats what pissed me off, I even asked him if he wanted me to send him a dep. if the first guy couldn't make it on Sunday, he said no not necessary

Speedy,

It was the seller who set the rules, he requested that the first couple of callers would have the first shot an that I could not come look at it untill the first caller did, so basically the seller changed the rules during the game!! An thats what pissed me off, because basically he told us we couldn't come to see it, but of course there's always someone comming in the back door an we all know what I'm talkin about

BULLHUSK PS an like Lmack. said we already set up a meeting for Monday with a price with the 5th wheel included. so the deal was made if the first guy backed out! thats what pissed me off, I even asked him if he wanted me to send him a dep. if the first guy couldn't make it on Sunday, he said no not necessary

Well, I guess it sucks for you. Buying and selling in private deals, or even on a dealer's lot is a crap shoot sometimes. Real Estate is especially that way - or used to be....

Speedy,

I was 230 miles into an 1640 mile trip for a B73 Mack when I received the call the truck had been sold. I even sent a $1000.00 deposit a week prior. The seller sold it out from under me for $400.00 more than we had agreed upon. His justification: The buyer had cash in hand.

Yes I was angry but do believe in "fate", so it's probably better I didn't wind up with that truck.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I was 230 miles into an 1640 mile trip for a B73 Mack when I received the call the truck had been sold. I even sent a $1000.00 deposit a week prior. The seller sold it out from under me for $400.00 more than we had agreed upon. His justification: The buyer had cash in hand.

Yes I was angry but do believe in "fate", so it's probably better I didn't wind up with that truck.

Rob

Yes Rob, I'm sure thats what happened in my case, some back door guy came in an "busted out" the deal. An ya know the buyer told the seller not to tell anyone his name...... An It's funny how that "fate" thing works sometimes??

I hate dealing with screwballs like that. The seller set up the deal and he should have called you to see if you wanted it first. At least that would be the "right" thing to do. How did the buyer show up sooner? How close were you? Apparently he wanted to sell the truck more then buy a fifthwheel?

Sh*t happens, but like they say "musta been fate".

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I hate dealing with screwballs like that. The seller set up the deal and he should have called you to see if you wanted it first. At least that would be the "right" thing to do. How did the buyer show up sooner? How close were you? Apparently he wanted to sell the truck more then buy a fifthwheel?

Sh*t happens, but like they say "musta been fate".

Ya see thats the thing that pissed me off.... He should have called the guy before me first an told him how the deal was changing, an if he backed off he should have gone down the list of callers as he said he would do. I'm about 3 hours driving time away, so it was no big deal. How did he show up sooner? theres guys out there that live for these kind of deals, just to say I won the truck not bought the truck!!! So I guess I've said enough on this post an I thank you guys for your honest opinions, just another day in the game of life

BULLHUSK

wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where you could take a man at his word.........

this country seems to have forgotten what pride is

AMEN to that! mans word is his bond as far as im concerned! if you give it,you better damn well stick to it!....Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

It's not right but there's not much you can do except getting pissed and that won't upset anyone but you. It's happened to all of us at one time or another.

Take the long view; Whats meant to be is meant to be. There is a reason for everything, sometimes it just takes a while to find out what it is. Maybe an even better buy will come along that you wouldn't be able to afford if you had bought this one.

If it helps convince yourself the rig blew up while the purchaser was driving it home.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!