What Else Do You Do To Drain Your Wallet

Lmackattack

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty cool! My other hobby is kinda sad...I am a member of the Ford Taurus Car Club! I have a 91 LX Wagon with a 3.8L, leather, digital dash and power everything. It won July 2005 Car of the Month because there are very few 91 Taurus wagons in mint condition like this one! If you have a Taurus, visit us at: Taurus Car Club of America

100_1192.jpg

I like the Taurus because it is the ultimate sleeper! You can go 'mod' crazy with front strut tower braces, diablo tuner chips, aluminum sub frame bushings, disc brake conversions...etc. Always something to spend money on!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Barry thats great.... That must be funny when some punk in his Riced out Honda gets beat by a ford wagon LOL . Back in High school there was a kid that had an P.O.S chevey wagon for his first car. I remember it was pretty rusty and all the rich kids driving mom and dads bmw thought it was fun to pick a race after school with him for braging rights..I mean old chevy wagon vs. bmw easy race right?? :rolleyes: NOT. he was spraying a simple nos set up and just left them in the dust after he got traction. :lol: LOL

lots of kids lost money that summer

word got around quickand no onewould race him

Hi,

Here are a few pictures of my barn, this is where I keep my other projects. Lots of tractors. and I have 2 79 ford 4x4 one tons, 460 and 4 speed trans. Have a 63 ford galaxie with a 406, and a 66 fairlane with 390 4 speed ( hear that freightrain, I am a ford man too!!) I also been tweeking my 2000 f350, power stroke 6 speed.

Fred.

15 gears...no waiting!

Hi,

Here are a few pictures of my barn, this is where I keep my other projects. Lots of tractors. and I have 2 79 ford 4x4 one tons, 460 and 4 speed trans. Have a 63 ford galaxie with a 406, and a 66 fairlane with 390  4 speed ( hear that freightrain, I am a ford man too!!) I also been tweeking my 2000 f350, power stroke 6 speed.

Fred.

of course the picture didn't load, lets try again...

15 gears...no waiting!

Barry thats great.... That must be funny when some punk in his Riced out Honda gets beat by a ford wagon LOL . Back in High school there was a kid that had an P.O.S chevey wagon for his first car. I remember it was pretty rusty and all the rich kids driving mom and dads bmw thought it was fun to pick a race after school with him for braging rights..I mean old chevy wagon vs. bmw easy race right?? :rolleyes:  NOT.  he was spraying a simple nos set up and just left them in the dust after he got traction. :lol:     LOL

lots of kids lost money that summer

word got around quickand no onewould race him

She'll get up and go! LOL It has the same engine the v6 mustangs have, so there are lots of performance items I can buy like a supercharger, turbo kit, dual exhaust, NOS, etc...I just need to grow a money tree in the back yard first!

bmodel_logo.png

Pretty cool!  My other hobby is kinda sad...I am a member of the Ford Taurus Car Club!  I have a 91 LX Wagon with a 3.8L, leather, digital dash and power everything.  It won July 2005 Car of the Month because there are very few 91 Taurus wagons in mint condition like this one!  If you have a Taurus, visit us at: Taurus Car Club of America

100_1192.jpg

I like the Taurus because it is the ultimate sleeper!  You can go 'mod' crazy with front strut tower braces, diablo tuner chips, aluminum sub frame bushings, disc brake conversions...etc.  Always something to spend money on!

Hey Barry, I have a 3.8 in my wife's mustang. I didnt really know much about them before, but now I know about all the "goodies" you can get for these such as the under hood blower kit that comes with every thing you need to put over 300 rwhp to the ground, and only sets you back about $2,000. now talk about a sleeper!!! 300 horse V6 wagon!! :chili: Doug

Hi,

Hey barry, Thats the kind of cars that were new when I started working at the Ford dealer that I still work at. I remeber that Ford recalled all the 3.8 engines in the taurus and sable cars. I got where I could change the head gaskets on them things in about 6 hours, and when you got that one done there was two or three waiting. I haven't seen a wagon for a while though. The timing covers were another recall also. I always liked those cars, not too bad to work on. compared to todays fords. The taurus is the car that brought ford back from the brink back in 86. There's a little old lady that brings one in every so often that is like a new car. I think is a 88 or 89 model.

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

Well, I drag race my '64 Galaxie wagon. I have two street hot rods: 69 F100 and another '64 Galaxie 2dr. I enjoy R/C stuff, mostly 4 whl variety, since my plane only lasted about 5 minutes!!!! (guess I should have taken some lessons). I have one of those King haulers(r/c semi with box trailer-pretty cool and realistic). My webpage is:

http://hometown.aol.com/larry33k/BATTLESTAR1.html

BTW Barry, the company I'm with had a taurus wagon way back then. It was a 5 spd to boot!! I made a few road trips in it(even hit a turkey on a back road once)

It's neat to see stuff like that, especially when someone has taken great care of it.

Larry

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 4 weeks later...

Ice hockey. My 14y/o son plays high school and club ice hockey. Not only is it expensive, but there is a lot of traveling involved. Mid-Atlantic, New England states. Navagation system and DVD system in the mini-van keeps every one happy. The 3,000 mile oil changes come around very fast these days, and with the cost of gas...

Barry, Ford Taurus' are indeed sleepers. We have 1999 thru 2004 in the PD, unmarked of course. They go like stink right out of the box. Of course nothing compares to the old Plymouth Gran Fury for a good pursuit. I used to flip the air cleaner lid, just to hear the 4 BBL open up, sucking air.

Hey Ray, do you have any 89-91 junk taurus laying around? I am looking for the front grille with the extra cooling slots. Here is a pic below. If you can score 1 or 2, let me know!

bmodel_logo.png

• 2 months later...

I don't generally have much dough left over for "extra-curricular" activities, but thanks to my lovely better half Linda we have been able to restore our 1976 Ford F-250 and set up a small machine shop so I can manufacture the parts I need to work on this invention thing I have going on.....the truck is fun, inventing is extraordinarily challenging. I have enjoyed seeing the wide variety of hobbies that BMT members have in addition to their trucks. Very cool. I'm going to attempt to attach pictures of our truck and mini-machine shop but I'm not so good with the whole computer thing so please bear with me, Thanks, Rick

My 1988 GMC Jimmy. rebuilt 350 with throttle body (change chips) after 2 nice job on a 700R4 I install a NV4500 5 speeds (yeap I can install PTO on my Jimmy) new auburn rear diff. 4'' lift 35'' tires. sound system ceramic coated headers, 3'' all way long exhaust... well I don't know why but nothing last long on my truck. going FULLFUEL!!!

I don't generally have much dough left over for "extra-curricular" activities, but thanks to my lovely better half Linda we have been able to restore our 1976 Ford F-250 and set up a small machine shop so I can manufacture the parts I need to work on this invention thing I have going on.....the truck is fun, inventing is extraordinarily challenging. I have enjoyed seeing the wide variety of hobbies that BMT members have in addition to their trucks. Very cool. I'm going to attempt to attach pictures of our truck and mini-machine shop but I'm not so good with the whole computer thing so please bear with me, Thanks, Rick

Rick, love that ford! I found my son a 1979 bronco that should be ready by the time he's 16(6 yrs from now), Tim :thumb:

My 1988 GMC Jimmy. rebuilt 350 with throttle body (change chips) after 2 nice job on a 700R4 I install a NV4500 5 speeds (yeap I can install PTO on my Jimmy) new auburn rear diff. 4'' lift 35'' tires. sound system ceramic coated headers, 3'' all way long exhaust... well I don't know why but nothing last long on my truck. going FULLFUEL!!!

You've got to bring that ride down to Vermont this spring at mud season. Ive got a couple class 4 roads behind the farm,Tim

These are a couple of my last projects;

1950 International L-120 pickup truck not quite stock. 1986 Chevrolet IROC engine with a T-400 auto trans. Sitting on a rebuilt '84 chev. 3/4 ton truck chassy

Sharp eye will note that the front fenders are off of a L-160 and the rear fenders are of a '63 1/2. The box is reproductin from Canada. The rear fenders had to be cut and a space of three inches added to make up for the replacement box which is smaller than original.

The decals are period correct for a late fifties/ early sixties service truck.

The Cobra is a kit. Powered by a Ford 428 CID with a five speed Tremec tranny sitting on 85 Vette suspension. The cobra was sold to purchase the Mack.

And for those who have to know, I have done all of my own wrenching. The only thing that was sent out was the paint. The International was 3K and the Cobra was 4K. I am not a mechanic by trade.

Jim

These are a couple of my last projects;

1950 International L-120 pickup truck  not quite stock.  1986 Chevrolet IROC engine with a T-400 auto trans.  Sitting on a rebuilt '84 chev. 3/4 ton truck chassy

Sharp eye will note that the front fenders are off of a L-160 and the rear fenders are of a '63 1/2.  The box is reproductin from Canada.  The rear fenders had to be cut and a  space of three inches added to make up for the replacement box which is smaller than original.

The decals are period correct for a late fifties/ early sixties service truck.

The Cobra is a kit.  Powered by a Ford 428 CID with a five speed Tremec tranny sitting on 85 Vette suspension.  The cobra was sold to purchase the Mack.

And for those who have to know, I have done all of my own wrenching.  The only thing that was sent out was the paint.  The International was 3K and the Cobra was 4K.  I am not a mechanic by trade.

Jim

Very very nice Jim,yov've got a couple nice projects done,Tim :thumb:

• 1 year later...

Hmmm...hobbies,yeah,I remember those-I had bikes,got a 360 Honda as my first vehicle,sold it,bought A 500 Honda,sold it and bought A 750 Kawasaki,traded it in on A 1000 Kawasaki (absolutely an awesome piece of machinery I must say),dabbled in drag racing with my street cars,had A warmed up '72 350 Nova and A '70 Chevelle SS with all the goodies,then later I got into mud bogging with A Chevy powered International Scout,sold all that and bought A '65 Mack cement mixer...huh? Anyway,I'm too old to fool with all that other stuff and just like to look at my old Mack and drive it sometimes and go to antique truck shows when I can. I do have a beagle named"other dog".Seems like the older I get the harder I have to work,and it's hard to get A day off anymore to do anything.I even remember fishing...

Edited by other dog

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

my hobbies that drain my wallet is hunting & fishing mostly but also include my other hobby which is C.B. 's

I have 3 a Connex330H.P Rebel face w/ noise toys , color changing L.E.D. Light & bigger boards & restistors & set up for fire in the wire & a texas star 660

A 25 Cobra w/ weatherband w/ connex bords & resistors no fire in wire

A 29 Cobra w/ Connex Boards , resistors & set up for fire in the wire w/ a 350 Silver eagle

later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: