1959 Mack B-61

do u guys think it would be hard to get started,the engine in it was rebuilt 5 years ago and it sat for two years

:mack1:

Where there's fuel and fire you got heat. Glad ya got a nice truck. The body looks straight. Just take one day at a time and wha-la then you'll have a better than new B Model. Keep us posted with photo's etc. :clap:

ANOTHER MACK SAVED from the bone yard. :thumb:

mike

do u guys think it would be hard to get started,the engine in it was rebuilt 5 years ago and it sat for two years

Check fuel tank for debris/water. Prime fuel filter. Make sure batteries are good. Make sure transmission is in N

Maintaining fuel prime may be difficult at first as there might be air in tank to pump. Filter might empty and truck will stall, fill filter again and start over. Could take several rounds til fuel system is set

OH, check engine oil FIRST, maybe turn over several times and let sit. Oil will run thru to lube. No dry start

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

for the hood emblem is there a specific type of bulldog that i'll have to get if so where can i get it

The truck looks good!!! Congratulations!!!

Here's a picture of the older style Bulldog. This one's off by 57 B model. I think it's the same as what your truck would have come with. The older Bulldog is just a little different from the newer one and I don't think the older style ones are available anymore.

The newer Bulldogs don't look a whole lot different but I'm not sure if the mounting holes line up or not. I'm sure someone else will know.

2010-01-24057-1.jpg

yea it will definitly bark louder.

and mike youre right "another one saved from the bone yard" the guy was gonna scrap the truck.

also for the truck i was thinking of getting a bulldog with lighted eyes,i dont know if anybody here has ever bought one,and can tell me if it would fit

yea it will definitly bark louder.

and mike youre right "another one saved from the bone yard" the guy was gonna scrap the truck.

also for the truck i was thinking of getting a bulldog with lighted eyes,i dont know if anybody here has ever bought one,and can tell me if it would fit

Hey Jocko.....is yor dawg Man or Female? Why I ask is I found mine by accident by looking at the dawg getting ready to take the radiator out of the truck. Here's a photo of it if it will download. Some of my photo's are too big for the site.

mike

post-900-028311300 1281576971_thumb.jpg

Hey Jocko.....is yor dawg Man or Female? Why I ask is I found mine by accident by looking at the dawg getting ready to take the radiator out of the truck. Here's a photo of it if it will download. Some of my photo's are too big for the site.

mike

We used to have a Bulldog painted on the wall at work. We had a couple of trucks that had been in a fire, so one of the guys took the old black shift knob balls off of the sticks, they were all wrinkled up from the heat and kind of shrunken and off size, and hung them on the wall-that didn't last too long

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

We used to have a Bulldog painted on the wall at work. We had a couple of trucks that had been in a fire, so one of the guys took the old black shift knob balls off of the sticks, they were all wrinkled up from the heat and kind of shrunken and off size, and hung them on the wall-that didn't last too long

Somebody didn't like walnuts?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

And nobody issued a challenge.

Not very much resistance in this case as it was deemed ill advised to argue the point. She was the bosses wife. The dog got neutered in short order. Probably not the best joke for a public place of business anyway.

Not very much resistance in this case as it was deemed ill advised to argue the point. She was the bosses wife. The dog got neutered in short order. Probably not the best joke for a public place of business anyway.

I agree. Never allowed nudity on calanders or any of such in my shop neither. All persons/clients I actively encouraged to converse with the techs repairing their automobiles. Trust is a big thing in this industry and an "offensive" workspace is not conducive to earning that trust. Nothing really offends me personally, but others aren't so calloused.

Apologies to Jocko for hijacking his thread.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I agree. Never allowed nudity on calanders or any of such in my shop neither. All persons/clients I actively encouraged to converse with the techs repairing their automobiles. Trust is a big thing in this industry and an "offensive" workspace is not conducive to earning that trust. Nothing really offends me personally, but others aren't so calloused.

Apoligies to Jocko for hijacking his thread.

Rob

Yes, truly.

The truck looks good!!! Congratulations!!!

Here's a picture of the older style Bulldog. This one's off by 57 B model. I think it's the same as what your truck would have come with. The older Bulldog is just a little different from the newer one and I don't think the older style ones are available anymore.

The newer Bulldogs don't look a whole lot different but I'm not sure if the mounting holes line up or not. I'm sure someone else will know.

2010-01-24057-1.jpg

I have a Bulldog and base from an RD chassis in front of me. It looks like the mounting holes for the newer Bulldog are 1 1/4" apart center to center, threaded 1/4 UNF. The base the Bulldog stands on (part number 14MF45) is 4 1/8" in diameter and approximately 1 1/2" high.

Yes, truly.

I have a Bulldog and base from an RD chassis in front of me. It looks like the mounting holes for the newer Bulldog are 1 1/4" apart center to center, threaded 1/4 UNF. The base the Bulldog stands on (part number 14MF45) is 4 1/8" in diameter and approximately 1 1/2" high.

Both the new and old style dogs will interchange as far as mounting feet, and bolting up. A new style dog is better than no dog at all. The bases are different for each series/model of truck and the B series mounting bases for the grille shell can be purchased through Barry at the B model store, but are expensive. They show up from time to time on ebay, but are usually in rough condition due to age and exposure. I have several acquired through the years and they are getting difficult to find as time marches on.

The dogs with the lighted eyes are not an OEM part but a casting made by aftermarket suppliers. I've seen several and some are good quality, some are not. I've even seen OEM dogs that have been drilled through the eyes to accomodate insert LED lamps.

Rob

Where are you at? Pretty sure I have one or two guards laying around.

Hey Larry, I need a breast plate and brackets also for one of my B models.

Thanks,

Rob

As I have stated in the past, DO NOT FORGET A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!! :thumb: You don't need a truck fire because of mouse chewed wiring. Be ready to shut the truck off or yank the battery cables off quickly if needed. I hope she lights off strong for you.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?