What I Saw Today:

Rob

Mike's working fleet of B models are truly a beautiful sight.He's had his B-67 rollback truck here a couple times picking up parts,it is cute as hell.He's got a couple nice Superliners too.

This truck is the one they extended the cab back about 3". It looked pretty good. We talked about the B67 truck and they made that one a flat back with a B61 cab back panel. It was originally a concave cab like mine.

I'm went to high school in Springfield and remember those trucks along with their R-190 IH wrecker quite well.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

This truck is the one they extended the cab back about 3". It looked pretty good. We talked about the B67 truck and they made that one a flat back with a B61 cab back panel. It was originally a concave cab like mine.

I'm went to high school in Springfield and remember those trucks along with their R-190 IH wrecker quite well.

Rob

Mike made the R190 into a big pickup,he brought it to Walcott this year along with one of his sleeper cab B-61's.I'll try to find my pics and post them.

Mike made the R190 into a big pickup,he brought it to Walcott this year along with one of his sleeper cab B-61's.I'll try to find my pics and post them.

I'd heard that he had done that but haven't seen it. Be great to see the photos.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Looks like he did a nice job. I'm sure that truck was taken completely apart and rebuilt also.

I plan to be at Walcott this year so I'll probably see you over there. Going to try to bring my B67 on the trailer but too early to be certain. I like the idea of a flat cab back on a B67 but can't bring myself to cut this cab which is in really good condition. without rust.

Rob

Man o man! thats quite the impressive piece of equipment right there! Thanks for posting the pics Rob! there was an outfit up in central Jersey,that ran a fleet of B-model wreckers and roll-backs for many years,all totally re-built working trucks,i believe they have since went out of business,because i've seen at least one of their B-67's turn up for sale on here sometime back...........Mark

post-5836-0-83729200-1299554003_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-12279900-1299554164_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-08443000-1299554176_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

post-61-0-39697600-1299550367_thumb.jpg

Couldn't find my pics so I borrowed this from largecar.mag site.He used a Dodge bed on the IH,he lengthened it a foot or so,looked really good.

Gah! I saw that truck headed south...err...east on I-74 by the Quad Cities about a month ago. Couldn't grab my phone quick enough to take the picture. Sharp lookin unit!

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Great looking trucks! Glad you had a camera! You should always have a camera with you so you can take pictures of things. That's my hobby ya know,taking pictures of things.

The camera is always in my shirt pocket except when smashed by a tandem axle Mack, or dropped in a snowbank.

Use the camera to take pictures of things eh? Guess I never really thought about that.

Rob

The camera is always in my shirt pocket except when smashed by a tandem axle Mack, or dropped in a snowbank.

Use the camera to take pictures of things eh? Guess I never really thought about that.

Rob

yeah, there's a word for that, taking pictures of things,but I can't think of it.It's my hobby-taking pictures of things.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 2 years later...

yeah, there's a word for that, taking pictures of things,but I can't think of it.It's my hobby-taking pictures of things.

Most of them Winfall women would call it stalking!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

So that B wrecker has a tilt wheel column from a Chevy or GMC, anybody else notice that? Freakin awesome trucks, I'd hate to think how much time has gone into those trucks, even though it was well worth it.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Man o man! thats quite the impressive piece of equipment right there! Thanks for posting the pics Rob! there was an outfit up in central Jersey,that ran a fleet of B-model wreckers and roll-backs for many years,all totally re-built working trucks,i believe they have since went out of business,because i've seen at least one of their B-67's turn up for sale on here sometime back...........Mark

Just noticed theres a U model behind that B model tow truck Mark.
  • Like 1

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg