Titan Finally Arrived

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a long time since an update on this post. Well as of 8/15/09 the Blue Titan is still sitting on the lot at Binghamton N.Y. Mack and not working. Also as of 8/07/09 the White and Maron Titan still sit on tthe Scranton Pa Mack lot and not working. Maybe if they would lower the price on them they might be able to sell them. I still have not seem a Titan out on the road doing work or even sold! There just sitting on all the mack lots looking pretty and not getting dirty.

Terry

As of 8/13/09 both the maroon & white ones are still at Scranton.

The Titan that Bruckners had in OKC was transferred to another of their dealerships when it didn't sell after a couple of months.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a couple here in Minnesota. One looking pretty at the dealership in Roseville and another in the yard at Lefebvre in Elk River. The one at Lefebvre is interesting because they've run Petes and Kenworths for as long as I can remember.

I couldn't help but think Mack would sell more of these if they would square off the hood in a retro/modern sort of way ala Mustang/Challenger, put a sleeper on it and rename it Superliner........lower price probably wouldn't hurt either. Haaaaah to dream.

• 2 weeks later...

news flash.

bring the price down to what a heavy haul pete KW cost

rename it to superliner or offer that name in a option level

Put a sleeper on it

fix that F&^%ing hood. it looks like a water slide.

Oh wait Volvo is steering all of this..never mind.

I have yet to see one around chicago. and we were always known to have large mack fleets..not so much anymore

As of 9/17/09 The White Titan is now up at the Binghamton loactation and the Blue Titan is no were in sight. Maybe they finally sold a Blue Titan? In hoping they did! Also I have no yet sen a Titan out on the road working or moving! I just see them sitting at the mack dealer looking pretty and not getting dirty!What a shame.

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a blue Titan sitting at Coventry Transport all lettered up with no plates on it.The town of Coventry is not that far from Binghamton. I will try to snap a pic next time I go by.

Nice, they must have taken it then. The blue one in question (shown below) had "Coventry Transport" on the build paper in the window.

100_4885.jpg?t=1241751229

Just as I thought about the sleeper on the Titan. The sleeper sit's way up on the frame. Does not look good to me. They should put the sleeper right down to the frame and have it look like a mack mid roof sleeper but really its as tall as a mack hi rise sleeper. The sleeper on that Titan looks like an Rest Rite Sleeper. Alnye Trucking is milk hauler in my area and they had some 2006 CL700's with Rest Rite Sleepers and they looked awful. Before that they had some 2004 CL700's with a Mack 42" sleeper that looked awsome. Now they have 2009 CXU613 day cabs and 42" mack sleepers. They could'nt afford the Mack Titan!lol Just kidding becuase they lease all there tractors from Beam Mack at the Elmira Branch Office. They lease 50 to 60 tractors for 2 to 3 yrs or 300k miles then turn them all in and go for another batch of trucks from Mack. They alway had CL700 macks but this time they went with the CXU613's. Mack Ste Foy still in business? I have not heard from them in a long while. Also when Alyne ran superliners they bought some from mack ste foy. Mack Tech , I am still waiting on your answers to my post.:) Anybody here anymore prices on these Titans from your local dealers and who is buying them ?????????

Terry

Still in business, according to the latest news...

2 Titan in their inventory...

http://www.mackstefoy.com/fr/default.asp?Catalogue=true&Neuf=true&IDM=2&IDM2=17

For more shots of Mack trucks evolving between Montréal and Quebec City... (including some spot-checks on Mack Ste-Foy's parking lot, check this forum out ;-) Sorry it is in French, but the pictures are self-explanatory ;-) You can find me there too under the same nickname.

http://quebec-chantiers.forumactif.biz/constructeurs-et-carrossiers-f31/mack-t272.htm

Still in business, according to the latest news...

2 Titan in their inventory...

http://www.mackstefoy.com/fr/default.asp?Catalogue=true&Neuf=true&IDM=2&IDM2=17

For more shots of Mack trucks evolving between Montréal and Quebec City... (including some spot-checks on Mack Ste-Foy's parking lot, check this forum out ;-) Sorry it is in French, but the pictures are self-explanatory ;-) You can find me there too under the same nickname.

http://quebec-chantiers.forumactif.biz/constructeurs-et-carrossiers-f31/mack-t272.htm

Thanks for sharing that! I like the orange Titan.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet again those crazy Canuck's are not waiting for Mack to put out a sleeper :D

post-133-1239155270_thumb.jpg

That truck looks ready for Ice Road trucking 3 rear axles all full sized tires. . .

Mike

1953 Studebaker M275. Reo 331 I-6, Spicer 5spd-DD, 6.72 Gears, 11.00R20H tires.

1959 Mack B61T. Mack END+T 711 I-6, 2 stick 15spd-OD, 6.38 Gears, 12.00-24J tires.

1962 GMC K4500. GMC 379M-V6, SM420-4spd-DD, 5.13 Gears, 8-19.5G tires.

1969 AMC AMX. AMC 390 Crossram, borgwarner T-10 4spd, 4.44 Gears, G60-14s Front N50-15s Rear.

1975 Mack DM600. 300 Mack 6spd 4.17 gears 445/65R22.5 front n 12.00R20 rear.

1976 Arctic Cat Jag2000. 275cc twin, belt drive, steal grips.

1977 Ford F350. 351M V-8, 4spd-DD, 4.56 Gears, 245/70R19.5G tires.

1988 AMC Jeep MJ. 2.5L I-4, 4spd-DD, 4.10 Gears 215/70R15 front 225/70R15 rear.

1992 Trans AM GTA. 406SBC TBI, 4L60E, 3.73 Gears, 245/50R16 front 295/50R16 Rear.

1995 GMC K2500 6.5-T, 4L80E, 4.10 gears 7.50-16D tires. 4.56 Gears coming soon.

2007 Honda Rubicon 500cc Single, 5spd fluid drive trans, 27x10-12 Front 27x12-12 Rear.

Still in search of M52 5 ton tractor, M123A1C 10 ton tractor

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The whie Titan is still in Binghamton sitting outside now all the time. The blue Titan I heard they sold it to conventry trucking. They do milk hauling in the Binghamton area and there out of Green ny in a little hamlet of Conventry. I am starting to notice there starting to drop the prices on the 2009 Titan by 5k to 7k. The lowest price I saw on a Titan was 134k. They should of had that price on the truck from the get go. That shows you thats why they still have these Titans still sitting in the mack lots becuase there would not budge on the price. Granted there coming down in prices on the 2009's just to get rid of them. Hey I say sell more for less money the rather sell less for more money when you put out a new product like the Titan but I guess Volvo dont get that. Does anybody else here get it? Also I still have not seen a Titan out on the road working yet. I went thru New Jersey area on rt80 going down to Long Island area and I see alot of heavy haulers Superliners and CL700's but no Titans and I would think becuase there so popular in the tri state area you would start to see the Titans but I see none so far. Anyways I am hoping in 2010 Mack will drops prices on the Titans and I see them working out on the road rather then me see them sitting on the Mack lots.

Terry

• 2 months later...

I believe the maroon Titan has also been sold. It has been removed from their inventory, and is now sitting at a local truck equipment company. I'm anxious to see what it comes out as...

Also, I heard the there is a "factory rebate", on the new 2011 Titans.

• 1 month later...

The Pelletiers in Millinocket bought two for the new titans.. they had them on the TV show American Loggers on Discovery Channel. The new trucks seemed to pull the big loads well so far.. The show just mentioned them last episode. I'm still nervous about the electrical gremlins the other volvoized Macks have had.. The new emissions are pretty scary... Any one know of any other Titans working ? and if they are having any problems with them?

Thanks,

Deo

http://www.geraldpelletierlogging.com got to photos and schrool down you can see one of the new Titans

Keep on keeping on...

• 2 weeks later...

Update as of 4/15/10, the maroon Titan is set to be a dump truck. It's currently at the body company with the hoist cylinder attached, and is waiting for its box to arrive. I can't wait to see it when its complete.

Its around the corner here in Shavertown PA,, It has a old style rib post(painted grey) Bibeau like my blue one.

Will try to get pic.

OH,AND BEFORE YOU ASK,,,,,,,NO I DIDNT BUY IT

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Its around the corner here in Shavertown PA,, It has a old style rib post(painted grey) Bibeau like my blue one.

Will try to get pic.

OH,AND BEFORE YOU ASK,,,,,,,NO I DIDNT BUY IT

Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping to catch it at the dealer before it was delivered, crap. :angry:

• 3 months later...

The Pelletiers in Millinocket bought two for the new titans.. they had them on the TV show American Loggers on Discovery Channel. The new trucks seemed to pull the big loads well so far.. The show just mentioned them last episode. I'm still nervous about the electrical gremlins the other volvoized Macks have had.. The new emissions are pretty scary... Any one know of any other Titans working ? and if they are having any problems with them?

Thanks,

Deo

http://www.geraldpelletierlogging.com got to photos and schrool down you can see one of the new Titans

So far so good we got 2 lowbed tractors working in my area, they out most everything out there.

• 4 months later...