Titan Finally Arrived

Mack Tech,

That was a very good point u made. To look back on the intro on the Titan was the worse time to do it with this economy the way it is. So with the qiute a few orders dropped can be a big concern with the company as a hole. In my mind this Titan was suppose to be the life saver of mack but now as I look back it my be the death of mack if sale dont pick up on the Titan. I am trying to keep a close eye thru a truck trade paper on who has them and if they do sell them or just get stuck with them for a long time. Also if they do drop the price on them becuase there not selling. This is becoming very interesting now. All in all I really hope the Titan does very well and becomes the life saver of mack. But they have to do something about lowering the price of the Titan. I thank your for all the updates and keep them coming please.

Terry.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The price on the Titans vary with options, especially with the engine. Locally, a Titan with the 605hp engine runs above $150k. You're also working in 20/44 axles, heavy frames, heavy driveline components etc., so its not easily compared to a road tractor price. That being said, Mack is running around $35K higher on a Titan versus a comparable heavy spec Paccar, International or Daimler product. These are not trucks that any dealer would stock based on price and this market. In the St. Louis region, there were typically 15 to 20 severe duty trucks sold per year, mostly in the dump truck market. Since the 4th Qtr of '07, according to an industry source, I believe that the cumulative total sold is less than 5, including all makes and dealers.

Convoyduel,

Thanks for the input on the titan.I keep scanning the truckpaper web site and more and more Titans are hitting the dealerships but no prices except one for $139,600 We need more posts on this subject to get more knowlege on the Titans. Please and Thanks

Terry E Davis of Johnson City N.Y.

The White Titan is up in binghamton loc now. Also that blue one that has Coventry on it is a milk hauler in Convetry NY. They have a mix of trucks and very surprised they bought a Titan. Coventry is about 30 miles north of binghamton off rt12 area just outside of Greene N.Y. Also I noticed on the wihite one it had glad handles on it but no 5th wheel. Why are these coming with out 5th wheels on them?

The White Titan is up in binghamton loc now. Also that blue one that has Coventry on it is a milk hauler in Convetry NY. They have a mix of trucks and very surprised they bought a Titan. Coventry is about 30 miles north of binghamton off rt12 area just outside of Greene N.Y. Also I noticed on the wihite one it had glad handles on it but no 5th wheel. Why are these coming with out 5th wheels on them?

It seems that Coventry is not taking delivery of this Titan, it has been posted for sale on TruckPaper

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail....E9CF385DFA057BB

I dont know many companys right now that would consider buying a $100,000 tractor let alone one priced at $150,000. right now you can find plenty of $50,000 trucks that are just a few years old and can do the same job for 100k less. I think Mack needs to reconsider the price and take a gambel that they can sell more titans for less rather than less for more...

• 2 weeks later...

Very nicely said Lmackattack and I agree. Also I heard The prototype show truck had a diffrent hood then the now Titans there trying to sell now. I will be going to Mccungie for the truck show and hope to tour the factory and snoop around. So far I still have not Seen a Titan out on the road. The white Titan is still sitting on the mack lot in Binghamton N.Y. Is the Blue and the Maroon Titan still on the mack lot in Scranton still? Also prices on these Titans very alot. Here is a few that I know of there prices.

2010 TITAN/605HP/18SPD/20F/44R/245WB/NO 5TH WHEEL $128,500

2010 TITAN/605HP/18SPD/14F/44R/218WB/NO 5TH WHEEL $139,600

2010 TITAN/565HP/18SPD/14F/46R/214WB/WITH 5TH WHEEL $144,000

2010 TITAN/605HP,18SPD/20F/46R/265WB/NO 5TH WHEEL $142,704

2010 TITAN/605HP/18SPD/20F/46R/255WB/NO 5TH WHEEL $146,950

Terry

Edited by mackbulldog64

Very nicely said Lmackattack and I agree. Also I heard The prototype show truck had a diffrent hood then the now Titans there trying to sell now. I will be going to Mccungie for the truck show and hope to tour the factory and snoop around. So far I still have not Seen a Titan out on the road. The white Titan is still sitting on the mack lot in Binghamton N.Y. Is the Blue and the Maroon Titan still on the mack lot in Scranton still? Also prices on these Titans very alot. Here is a few that I know of there prices.

Terry

As of Tuesday, both the Blue and Maroon ones were there.

Everynight they put the Titan and the Rawhide Sleeper in the garage at night so they dont get vandlized.Yet they have a fenced in yard also were they can keep them behind the fence at night but they choose not too. I guess there affriad if they keep the titan out doors at night something might happen to it. Which I dont blame them beuase of the area the the mack dealership is at in the Binghamton area. Do they do the same with the Titans at the Scranton location? ALso u going to Mccungie for the truck show? I will be going on Saturday. I have some friends taking trucks down and also selling diecast toys. They had poeple looking at the rawhide sleeper last weekend but I see it still here.

Terry

Well guys as of June 2nd Mack of Binghamton N.Y. still has not sold the White Titan. How about Mack of Scranton? They still have the blue and the burguny color Titans? Has anybody know of any Titans that have been sold ????????????

Here is a updated price list of titans that I know is still for sale.

Terry

Edited by mackbulldog64

Well guys as of June 2nd Mack of Binghamton N.Y. still has not sold the White Titan. How about Mack of Scranton? They still have the blue and the burguny color Titans? Has anybody know of any Titans that have been sold ????????????

Here is a updated price list of titans that I know is still for sale.

Terry

I'll be swinging by there tomorrow, I'll let you know what I find.

I'll be swinging by there tomorrow, I'll let you know what I find.

Bruckner's in OKC has a white Titan on their lot. I'll grab some photos tomorrow. It looks plain to me and as sterile as a vanilla milkshake.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

As of 6/13/09 The white Titan still sit on the lot looking pretty and not working. Anyone going to the Mccungie Truck show next weekend? I am and Hoping to see how he Mack Titan is built. I wounder how many Titans they make weekly there?

As of 6/12/09 both the maroon and blue one are still on the lot; however, the blue one was pulled near the shop entrance, so maybe by some stroke of luck its sold???? But who knows.

I'll be at the Macungie show, I too am hoping to see a few heading "down the line".

Dave, "granitefan713",

The maroon and the white one is priced at 144,800 with no 5th wheel

The Blue one is priced at 143,300 with no 5th wheel. Also it has the 515 hp engine and not the 605hp.

From what I am hearing from Mack salemens, Mack so far made 50 Titans and sold very few maybe 3 to 5 Titans in the states so far if that. Not Good. Also when the dealer 1st ordered they had one set price regardless of engine size. The only option that what change the price was the front and rear axles. This is per mack salemen if what they said is true or he was blowing smoke and telling storys. Also as of 6/18/09 the White Titan still sit's on the Mack dealers lot in Binghamton sitting pretty and still not working! lol. How about The two in Scranton???? Just thought I will pass this info on to your poeple on this site. Anybody hearing any Updates or anything on the Mack Titans ??????????? I am just hoping that Mack will do good with the Mack Titan becuase its an aswome looking truck and will do anyjob u have for it. Its just the price is way to high and that is why they still sit on the Mack dealers lots looking pretty and not out on the road working. Also in my mind I think the Mack Titan would compare to the Kenworth T800W wide hood so we can compare prices and see if Mack is inline with there price on the Mack Titan or not. What do u guys think would compare to the Titan? Well enough of me ramblin on here for now and I hope I am not boring u guys on here I just like to see any updates on the Titan .

Terry E Davis Of Johnson City N.Y.

Dave, "granitefan713",

The maroon and the white one is priced at 144,800 with no 5th wheel

The Blue one is priced at 143,300 with no 5th wheel. Also it has the 515 hp engine and not the 605hp.

From what I am hearing from Mack salemens, Mack so far made 50 Titans and sold very few maybe 3 to 5 Titans in the states so far if that. Not Good. Also when the dealer 1st ordered they had one set price regardless of engine size. The only option that what change the price was the front and rear axles. This is per mack salemen if what they said is true or he was blowing smoke and telling storys. Also as of 6/18/09 the White Titan still sit's on the Mack dealers lot in Binghamton sitting pretty and still not working! lol. How about The two in Scranton???? Just thought I will pass this info on to your poeple on this site. Anybody hearing any Updates or anything on the Mack Titans ??????????? I am just hoping that Mack will do good with the Mack Titan becuase its an aswome looking truck and will do anyjob u have for it. Its just the price is way to high and that is why they still sit on the Mack dealers lots looking pretty and not out on the road working. Also in my mind I think the Mack Titan would compare to the Kenworth T800W wide hood so we can compare prices and see if Mack is inline with there price on the Mack Titan or not. What do u guys think would compare to the Titan? Well enough of me ramblin on here for now and I hope I am not boring u guys on here I just like to see any updates on the Titan .

Terry E Davis Of Johnson City N.Y.

Thanks for sharing that info. As of today, both the blue and maroon ones were still on the lot. I had a feeling the blue one had a lower power rating, it just didn't look like a good candidate for a 605hp. (Btw, their TruckPaper add said it had 605, must have been a typo because like you said, their own website lists it at 515). I did get some nice pictures of it today though.

• 3 weeks later...
As of 6/13/09 The white Titan still sit on the lot looking pretty and not working. Anyone going to the Mccungie Truck show next weekend? I am and Hoping to see how he Mack Titan is built. I wounder how many Titans they make weekly there?

One per week.

• 1 month later...

Its been a long time since an update on this post. Well as of 8/15/09 the Blue Titan is still sitting on the lot at Binghamton N.Y. Mack and not working. Also as of 8/07/09 the White and Maron Titan still sit on tthe Scranton Pa Mack lot and not working. Maybe if they would lower the price on them they might be able to sell them. I still have not seem a Titan out on the road doing work or even sold! There just sitting on all the mack lots looking pretty and not getting dirty.

Terry