Titan Finally Arrived

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it's intended to have a lift axle, but since it just came in last week, they probably haven't had the chance to add it.

Looks like it is set up for any application with the glad hands (trailer lines)

Body co. will do lift axle Because Mack is too expensive from the factory.

Dave tell them your price you were quoted with body and axle

Since you are buying it :whistling::whistling::whistling:

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Dave tell them your price you were quoted with body and axle

Since you are buying it :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Hahaha :D

I was told $150,000 as it sits

Add $10,000 for a lift axle

Add $35,000 for dump body

Grand total: $195,000

**Edit: I should note, that they said: "your talking another $10,000 to $15,000 when you start adding lift axles and sleepers". So I don't know if he meant that a sleeper and lift axle totaled that much or what. Is it just me, or is $10k a bit high for a lift axle? And I didn't think the Titan was available with a sleeper yet in the US.

150,000 for that truck as it sits???????????? I think its a little bit over priced. I will ask my uncle about that truck as he works for that dealership in the Binghamton N.Y. location. 10 grand for a lift sounds right and 35 grand for what brand and type of dump body? Becuuase 195 grand for a mack tri axle dump does not sound right or any kind of dump of that kind. Maybe Tuzzie will buy it :)lol

All my best,

Terry E Davis Of Johnson City N. Y.

150,000 for that truck as it sits???????????? I think its a little bit over priced. I will ask my uncle about that truck as he works for that dealership in the Binghamton N.Y. location. 10 grand for a lift sounds right and 35 grand for what brand and type of dump body? Becuuase 195 grand for a mack tri axle dump does not sound right or any kind of dump of that kind. Maybe Tuzzie will buy it :)lol

All my best,

Terry E Davis Of Johnson City N. Y.

A GU with a steel body is running 140,000 with a little engine

If you want aluminum 35,000 sounds right

I paid 27,000 13 years ago (spec heavy)

If you are talking about Tuzzie in Carbondale Pa I think he has been buying pete's and Kenworth's

WOW! The GU with an auto is probaly 10 grand extra. My brother bought a new 1988 RW713 superliner 350 mack,12spd,20f,44r, 18' steel bibeua dump,ta for 77,000 NEW! But that was 22yrs ago. And its still running and looks nice and in great shape still. These new truck price's I just cant beleave when in two years they drop in price 30 to 50 grand. How can drivers afford these trucks? No wounder why new trucks are not selling off the lots becuase there are still new 07's ans 08's lots of them they cant sell and giving big huge discounts on them and they still have them. It will be very intresting how these new titan's sell and who will buy them.:) Also in a year down the road how the value of them will be if they cost 140 grand with no 5th wheel. I will be watching very closely on these Titans and see how they pan out. Sorry about the rantin and ravin here but i just cant beleave the I would see the day that U would pay 195 grand for a mack dump. But I guess I just saw the day:)

Thanks for listen,

all my best,

Terry E Davis of Johnson City N.Y.

At $150,000 A piece who can and will afford then in NEPA and the Southern Tier of N.Y.??????? Hope they were ordered trucks and sold allready becuase if there stock trucks they will be sitting there for awhile intill they they give a big HUGE discount on them so maybe poeple can and will afford these Titans becuase I still think $150 grand for those truck as they sit is way too much. Did u ask the salesman that told u the titan u spoke about was sold allready for 150 grand? Oh yea I forgot tuzzie did run macks not too long ago but now he runs mostly Petes and some KW's. I really like that Red Pete 379 ext hood Tri axle Dump he has. I see his trucks just about everyday running in my area.

Dave,

I here you on the round about price from the saleman. I do like the looks of the Titan and I am woundering when will a titan will arrive at the binghamton loc store. I talked to a saleman up here and he his working on selling a Titan Tractor to a milk hauler up here. I see they brought up the 09 Mack chu613 70" midrise rawhide up here at the Binghamton Loc and took the 09 Mack pinacle cxu613 to the scranton Loc and haveing a big blow out sale on them. Anyone else here about prices's on the Titans yet?

Terry

Dave,

I here you on the round about price from the saleman. I do like the looks of the Titan and I am woundering when will a titan will arrive at the binghamton loc store. I talked to a saleman up here and he his working on selling a Titan Tractor to a milk hauler up here. I see they brought up the 09 Mack chu613 70" midrise rawhide up here at the Binghamton Loc and took the 09 Mack pinacle cxu613 to the scranton Loc and haveing a big blow out sale on them. Anyone else here about prices's on the Titans yet?

Terry

Yeah, when I talked to one of the salesmen back in December, he said they were getting two Titans in January (obviously they didn't arrive until late March), one in Scranton, one in Binghamton. So I'm guessing that one of them will be making its way up to Binghamton. If I could drive a standard, I wouldn't mind driving one up to Binghamton for them, lol :D:P

Titan's won't have an available sleeper quite yet, I'm still waiting on the Steel Hood that is rumored to be relased sometime after the phase 4 build! It'll be something along the lines of an RD 8 from what I hear. And the $150,000 price tag sounds about right too.

Ok I will bite! Is there is phase 1 ,2 ,3 and what are they and what is phase 4? Also the RD800 was an awsome looking truck and a big work horse of a truck. So it will be very interesting how the Titan will look with a steel hood on it. Also with putting any kind of sleeper on the Titan with the cab being so high it seem like it will not look just right. And that 150,000 price tag I guess we will have to get use to that price and pay it if we want to buy one. Nothing we can do about the price I guess. But I still thinks its over priced compared to other trucks with somewhat the same specs. But what do I know:)

Terry

Titan's won't have an available sleeper quite yet, I'm still waiting on the Steel Hood that is rumored to be relased sometime after the phase 4 build! It'll be something along the lines of an RD 8 from what I hear. And the $150,000 price tag sounds about right too.

Yet again those crazy Canuck's are not waiting for Mack to put out a sleeper :D

post-133-1239155270_thumb.jpg

Just as I thought about the sleeper on the Titan. The sleeper sit's way up on the frame. Does not look good to me. They should put the sleeper right down to the frame and have it look like a mack mid roof sleeper but really its as tall as a mack hi rise sleeper. The sleeper on that Titan looks like an Rest Rite Sleeper. Alnye Trucking is milk hauler in my area and they had some 2006 CL700's with Rest Rite Sleepers and they looked awful. Before that they had some 2004 CL700's with a Mack 42" sleeper that looked awsome. Now they have 2009 CXU613 day cabs and 42" mack sleepers. They could'nt afford the Mack Titan!lol Just kidding becuase they lease all there tractors from Beam Mack at the Elmira Branch Office. They lease 50 to 60 tractors for 2 to 3 yrs or 300k miles then turn them all in and go for another batch of trucks from Mack. They alway had CL700 macks but this time they went with the CXU613's. Mack Ste Foy still in business? I have not heard from them in a long while. Also when Alyne ran superliners they bought some from mack ste foy. Mack Tech , I am still waiting on your answers to my post.:) Anybody here anymore prices on these Titans from your local dealers and who is buying them ?????????

Terry

Ok I will bite! Is there is phase 1 ,2 ,3 and what are they and what is phase 4? ... Terry

The phases are just different engineering releases. Just different changes that are being put through. Phase two is as far as they are in building the trucks in the plant. Has the granite style bumper, but the addition of the LED work lights, etc. The sleeper isn't released yet as a factory option, but it should be some time after the sleeper line goes into Macungie, when and if that happens. Just have to wait I guess.....

Mach Tech,

Thanks for the responce. Sounds great. Also I am woundering how many poeple back down on buying the Titan becuase of the price? I think that is why there were hush hush on the price and they waited till the very last second the drop the big bomb shell about the price to the public.

Terry

Mach Tech,

Also I am woundering how many poeple back down on buying the Titan becuase of the price?....

Terry

Hey Terry,

I heard quite a few orders were dropped because of the price. I don't know how many, but especially in this market, not many people can afford an impulse buy like that. I'll try to keep ya'll up to date on different changes as I see them come along.