Top Secret late night recovery mission

rsb502

That's one nice Superliner.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Guess Detroit's are mice!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

You got that right! Maybe they should put big steel bumpers on them now and call them rookie bars. Btw stopped at the TA in milldale ct yesterday and watched a CTW driver go through the Lot on the wrong side then out the in side at the shack then park in the no parking zone along side the shop.

You got that right! Maybe they should put big steel bumpers on them now and call them rookie bars. Btw stopped at the TA in milldale ct yesterday and watched a CTW driver go through the Lot on the wrong side then out the in side at the shack then park in the no parking zone along side the shop.

Be careful Mike....sounds like a rookie like me would do something like this. And then climb out of the cab, look around, and say "WTF"!

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Our superliner was hauling up and down 84 yesterday but he had a little incident with the hydraulic line on the dump on the first load so you probably didn't see it..

• Like 1

Matt

Yeah back in the seventies a 1693 was a monster. A friend of my dad had one in a 74 Freightliner Cabover. I never drove one but they do sound impressive. But it takes a good horse to keep up with an E9 in the hills.

Robs KW would outpull every other truck ive had till now, outpulled my Granite with a cranked up 427 that would run with 475 CATs, pulled better than my 84 Superliner E9 with a euro 540 turbo and 20% over pump, I figured it would run right with this one too. I was kinda amazed when he told me how his truck did on that hill, he was impressed and that made me really impressed, I knew it ran good but to run up a hill at half throttle in 8th over 65k that he cant pull at full throttle in 7th empty is pretty bad ass.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

J & J logging in Tonasket had 5 w900 kenworths with the 1693 under hood if I remember right they were all 1976 model year, I think the last one got wrecked around 2000. They were nice trucks jet black with a big green arrow on the hood trimmed in red and said PUSSY POWER on the side of the hood not to many could out pull them in their younger days except a kta cummins or a buzzin dozen

Actually he has the only 425hp 1693 CAT Ive ever seen, ive seen the non aftercooled 3__ somethin hp trucks but only 1 425hp aftercooled truck. Does anybody know what the other ratings were for the 1693 CAT?

KTA Cummins, whole lotta cubes workin there, the buzzin dozen is one of those engines that could really run or wasnt worth a crap from what I can tell, ive heard folks say they were hard to beat and others say they just made a bunch of noise and burned a lot of fuel.

Farmer if u did all that and got parked u would at least finish that show with getting out the passenger door. 😄

My friend john tells me every time "AUNT NOTHING LOKE A GOOD RUNNING E9" he says it just gives u goose bumps out pulling Pete's and kw up a hill. U can't stop smiling and giving em shit on the radio.

Actually he has the only 425hp 1693 CAT Ive ever seen, ive seen the non aftercooled 3__ somethin hp trucks but only 1 425hp aftercooled truck. Does anybody know what the other ratings were for the 1693 CAT?

I know there were ratings of 325, 375, and 425. There could've been more but I those are the ones I remember.

Jim