New Kid

sixfourkid

Hey guys, Im a new kid on here. 22 Years old, Own Grantham Trucking and Excavating In Wauconda IL. Ive been lucky enough to have a successful buisness given to me at very young age. My father retired last year so im just a young gun trying to make it in this tough economy. I just bought my first new mack its a 2007 Granite only 127 miles on her. Still waiting to put a dump box on it. I also have 1990 CH with a set back axle as my lowboy truck. All the other Trucks we own are Fords. Im hoping to find some usfull information and meet some New people. Ill post some pics up with in the next day or so.

Thanks Brett

Edited by sixfourkid

2008 Ford F-250 6.4l Crew Cab short Bet lifted on 20s

2007 Mack Granite ( Still waiting to put a Dump box on)

2005 Cat 257B Track skid Steer

1997 Cat 312B

1993 Ford L8000 15' heil dump box

1990 Mack CH set back axle

1988 Cat 953

Not Bad for a only being 22

I'll second that motion!!!.......Hi Larry......Are you putting the wagon into it's paces lately? Time for some test & tune at most of the local tracks. I'm at work and will go fly this afternoon at 5:30 p.m. doing some pattern work.....touch & goes and staying up on my night currency. HAVING FUN mostly.

mike :rolleyes:

Haven't got the car back to my garage yet, next week? First points race is May 23rd, so with my "vacation week" the first of May I will have no problem getting it back into one piece. Still working on buddies car and he's finishing it up this week, so hopefully next week he'll haul it out and bring mine back.

If you get bored someday...fly up to CAK and I'll buy ya a coffee! I'm only a mile from the airport.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Hey,

I can appreciate that. I'll look the identifier ( CAK ) up in the sectional. I buy materials etc. from Sporty's in Clermont County. I guess you are talking about the T-Bird in your garage? Ya noticed Rob has not invited me and Tom up yet, and I can only guess why. He's afraid I might start breathing too hard.....LOL....LOL ......I hope ya caught my drift.

mike

You guys are into drag cars to huh. Heres my race truck . We do mostly high dollar bracket races with it. Were changing it over to a twin turbo setup for next year gonna run top sportsman.The truck is mine, 2003 Bickle built prostock truck, big block 522 natural ap. Runs 7.70s consistant as hell. The car is my dads that we actually just sold, its a 1988 mayfield car. 427 used to run super comp with it. Hope you guys enjoy.

post-3666-1239917606_thumb.jpg

post-3666-1239917647_thumb.jpg

1997 Cat 312B

1988 Cat 953

Here is a pic of the new :mack1:

post-3666-1239935486_thumb.jpg

1997 Cat 312B

1988 Cat 953

CAK: Canton Akron Airport, though we call it Akron Canton Airport.

Nice looking cars Brett. Definitely outta my league LOL!!

We go 11.3's on average with 428 FE and a Doug Nash 5 spd. I run an all stick shift group called UMTR (united manual transmission racers) that runs NE Ohio.

www.umtrnorth.com

scan0110.jpg

My "twins"

MVC-041S.jpg

Larry

I love that Wagon. My dad just bought a 64 fairlane roller, its a K code car. He wants to turn it into a thunderbot. Love that wagon thow. Thanks for the kind comments.

1997 Cat 312B

1988 Cat 953

CAK: Canton Akron Airport, though we call it Akron Canton Airport.

Nice looking cars Brett. Definitely outta my league LOL!!

We go 11.3's on average with 428 FE and a Doug Nash 5 spd. I run an all stick shift group called UMTR (united manual transmission racers) that runs NE Ohio.

www.umtrnorth.com

scan0110.jpg

My "twins"

MVC-041S.jpg

Do you ever race at Norwalk?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Ya, Summit motorsport park IS Norwalk. They bought the rights a year ago and put their name on it. Go every year for the all Ford show in July. We had a couple stick shift races there too.

I did buy the wagon from the original owners. ALL stock and original(70K miles) down to the white mud flap out back. It was spotless condition(well taken care of) so I've tried to not cut it up any worse then I have to.

My truck is black/white, which it's an EX General Towing truck(if you recall them), as they were all white with black fenders(like the old cop cars). I was down in Steubenville area last fall at a race and a fellow came up and said "that's Generals old truck, right?". Come to find out, he used to drive my truck back in the days.

Larry

Ya, Summit motorsport park IS Norwalk. They bought the rights a year ago and put their name on it. Go every year for the all Ford show in July. We had a couple stick shift races there too.

I did buy the wagon from the original owners. ALL stock and original(70K miles) down to the white mud flap out back. It was spotless condition(well taken care of) so I've tried to not cut it up any worse then I have to.

My truck is black/white, which it's an EX General Towing truck(if you recall them), as they were all white with black fenders(like the old cop cars). I was down in Steubenville area last fall at a race and a fellow came up and said "that's Generals old truck, right?". Come to find out, he used to drive my truck back in the days.

ohhh, I shoulda known. Last time I passed by there it was still Norwalk Raceway Park I think. Sometimes i'd go by it on rt. 18 coming from Fremont. I used to go to the old Richmond dragway a lot and went to Suffolk a couple of times-I guess Suffolk's closed now, but they had big time national events there then (in the 70's).

I always liked watching the 10-12 second cars with 4 speed trans. better than funny cars or top fuel.

That's a pair of great looking cars! :thumb:

True drag racing story- in the mid 70's I was at Richmond Dragway and a car ran a 6.06-I remember it like it was yesterday. Seems to me it was an exhibition run, not a regular, by a funny car or top fuel team. I told my buddy "some day they'll have a car in the fives". He said "it'll never happen.they've gone about as far as they can go with the engines, and the tires-that'll never happen"...guess we know how that turned out-now they're getting close to getting under the 4 second mark!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Here is a pic of the new :mack1:

Welcome on board. Well You have made your first great buisness investment. Buying a new MACK truck was the smartest thing you could have done with your money. You simply cann't wear them out unless you realy abuse it for decades. I hope your dad told you he was proud of you for that decision. Good luck and keep the dirty side down.

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

Whats up Brett

Where have all those blue ford dump trucks been hiding. I dont see them running around anymore? I hauled for your dad a few times about 2 years ago. You might rememberme? I have the Black RS700L that brought you some dirt a while back? I think I droped it off for you in Wacounda?

Whats up Brett

Where have all those blue ford dump trucks been hiding. I dont see them running around anymore? I hauled for your dad a few times about 2 years ago. You might rememberme? I have the Black RS700L that brought you some dirt a while back? I think I droped it off for you in Wacounda?

Yeah, i remeber, you hauled some gravel for me too for pj. Weve been working kinda slow but its picking back up. We did alot of work for jimmy, and i worked for him running the 345 last summer. I see your trucks in his yard all the time. You working.

1997 Cat 312B

1988 Cat 953