R Model Hood Scoops?

The hood scoop air goes to the charge air cooler.

One duct to the air cleaner goes to the turbo. The second duct picks up warm air from under hood for the engine which was popular in cold climates.

I thought Mack had stop using the second duct for that purpose by this time. Is it possible the hood or air cleaner are not original? I don't trust a truck with only one dog mirror, facing the wrong way to boot. :)

Jim

Thanks for clearing that up Jim.

The picture I posted claims to have a 300+ (Its been on Craigslist off and on) mated to a six speed. I thought those 300+'s were all mated with "multi-speed" transmission.....

Most likely another victim of misinformation. If I had a dollar for every ENDT676 that was claimed by either the owner or driver to be a 300+,I would be able to throw away half a dozen payment books. Sometimes I think that truck owners told their drivers that they had 300+'s to make them feel like they had more than they did.

• Like 1

Most likely another victim of misinformation. If I had a dollar for every ENDT676 that was claimed by either the owner or driver to be a 300+,I would be able to throw away half a dozen payment books. Sometimes I think that truck owners told their drivers that they had 300+'s to make them feel like they had more than they did.

300+'s weren't real common, is that right? I did a little reading on them, and they were somehow linked to California??? Emissions or something?

Edited by RealDiehl

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.