DCW

Thank you for researching this truck.. This is an interesting configuration!!! Especially for North Carolina.. Both Quebec Canada and Australia use or have used the twin steering set up extensively. Now all I have to do is figure out how to post your info on the Australian truck forum the picture came from!!!

Brocky

It is a shame. But these trucks had a hard life and most were used up and discarded when they could no longer be economically repaired. It would be nice if some of the more “exotic” factory builds had survived. Looking at that list, there’s a lot of low volume numbers showing specific builds for a customer.

• Like 1

I’ve got that same picture in one of my Mack books,, When I was growing up my Dad did most of his trucking out of Winston Salem for Hennis,, and when I got my license I used the LJ that I’m restoring to tow for McLean from there , and I can’t recall ever seeing one of those trucks, Probably all got cut up by the late 70s . I would love to see the picture of the one that survived in West Chester PA . 

12 hours ago, 67RModel said:

What is an H613? Single axle? Engine? Etc...

The H613 was an H61 with a turbocharged 673 diesel. No other H61’s were built with turbos. They were all H613T’s, single axle tractors.  The sole survivor has bees repowered with a naturally aspirated 673 so it’s basically an H61 now.   Mike 

• Like 2

On 11/8/2023 at 11:13 AM, mattb73lt said:

It is a shame. But these trucks had a hard life and most were used up and discarded when they could no longer be economically repaired. It would be nice if some of the more “exotic” factory builds had survived. Looking at that list, there’s a lot of low volume numbers showing specific builds for a customer.

how sad low numbered units never were important then . a unit came in for a repair= you repaired  it and it left. might look twice at an unusual set up but then it left. spend time 50=60 yrs later wondering how many of those "unusual" I had access to ;; if any. . Darn!!

I think they look pretty cool with that dual steering and yeah back in the day you couldn’t just pull out your cell phone and snap a picture of anything you want and send it 3000 miles and two seconds. I’ve had a lot of vehicles on my day and no pictures of half of them, that’s the reason why it wasn’t so handy few years back