Pictures of the Week

other dog

Yessir, there were several trucks there this year that I hadn't seen before. Quite a few actually, but overall I think it was the fewest trucks i've seen there. I think I said the same thing last year, but this year I'll blame the weather. There was a 90% chance of rain on Saturday and it did. A lot of trucks were leaving Friday afternoon. We went Saturday morning for just a few minutes and probably half the trucks were already gone.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

We were planning to go to the Dying Breed Diesels Family Reunion in Columbiana, Oh. this weekend but we called and cancelled our motel reservation. The show was only for Saturday afternoon, but we thought it would be a nice drive across the mountains in the fall. But, again, they're saying there's a 100% chance of rain Saturday so we called it off.

That sucks we have a big antique car show here every year hot August nights you probably heard of it a lot of years it rains and it’s in the middle of August which is usually unusual because it’s mainly 150° here at that time feel sorry for these guys that get their cars all cleaned up and polished and then it rains all over them. That’s sucks.

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

That sucks we have a big antique car show here every year hot August nights you probably heard of it a lot of years it rains and it’s in the middle of August which is usually unusual because it’s mainly 150° here at that time feel sorry for these guys that get their cars all cleaned up and polished and then it rains all over them. That’s sucks.

Yep, like Charlie Tackaberry. He drove that International hauling a Dodge Bighorn down from Canada. Got there Friday, unloaded, then everything was pretty much over with. Long ways to come to get rained out.

• Sad 2

Thanks the great for the pics!

Looks like the day was really nice before it started raining. The line up of Big Horns is impressive. Aside of them there were plenty of pleasure to see trucks.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 10/12/2023 at 11:02 PM, other dog said:

Thanks Vlad, this lady was driving the orange Big Horn!

PXL_20230922_213007257.thumb.jpg.9362033405f49c52f15bee47ce8c779c.jpg

Wow! Impressive fact! Sure adds "colorfulness" to the event

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

17 hours ago, tjc transport said:

those two abandoned "stores" look more like old gas stations to me. 

They probably sold gas too, most country stores did, a long with whatever else you might need. Groceries, clothes, hardware. I remember a lot of old country stores when they were open, and as small as they were they seemed to have a little of everything.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GA_Dave said:

I like your "pineapple grenade" bottle!

I think Vicki from Florida got that for us when we were in Florida. It had hot sauce in it originally, I don't know what kind it was but it was orange. I liked the bottle too and kept it and when I was looking for something to put leftover hot sauce in I saw it and the old light bulb came on!

• Like 2