Kris Kristofferson

mrsmackpaul

another sad part of this society ; apparently someone post online deaths of people ;some famous , when you log in to read it's a scam.  showed that story on news few weeks ago of the bogus  obit post. not saying Kris hasn't passed .  radio is talking of jimmy buffet passing , haven't heard of kris K passing. have seen one saying clint eastwood passed few months ago== he hasn't. sad

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mowerman said:

well,,,,lets face it fellas,,,,,,we,ve got stupid people all around these days,they seem to have takin over everywhere

ain't that the truth!!!!

every day my prediction we are getting closer to the movie "idiocracy" becomes more true.

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

16 hours ago, Geoff Weeks said:

Speaking of Kris in general, I think my favorite song was Sunday morning coming down, and I loved him in Lonestar, he played evil so well!

My favorite Johnny Cash song is his version of Kris' "Sunday Morning Coming Down".

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

37 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Pretty cool hand wasn’t he driving a Mack on something seemed like it was black. I’m sure you fellas would know ,,, I probably should know myself. I’ve always seen it once whatever it was… bob

You talkin' about the movie Convoy?

• Like 1

Oh sorry I missed it somehow kind of been a busy week you know I don’t know if it was Convoy . It was a long long time ago and I only saw it once I do remember him getting out of a Mack and talking to some girl I thought it was a RL western model  black and yes, my memory is fading ha ha I think we all have the same issue.. bob

Oh man that chick  was a doll back in the day. I looked it up. Yes, that was the movie. And if I recall when he pulled up that sounded like it had a green oil dripper in it, which is fine since most of us seem to like the way they sound thanks for that.

11 hours ago, mowerman said:

Oh man that chick  was a doll back in the day. I looked it up. Yes, that was the movie. And if I recall when he pulled up that sounded like it had a green oil dripper in it, which is fine since most of us seem to like the way they sound thanks for that.

Yes for some reason they dubbed the Sound of a Detroit in over the sound of the Mack motor under the hood.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mowerman said:

They do that a lot if they are not happy with something I read they use the 55 Chevy in American graffiti for the sound effects. Burt Reynolds, Trans Am they were not happy with the car the way it sounded..

They did the same in the Movie Black Dog. They dubbed in a 2stroke sound. Then Swayze made a Remark about a Caterpillar engine....The Peterbilts used in the movie were actually 60 series Detroits. 

14 hours ago, mowerman said:

They do that a lot if they are not happy with something I read they use the 55 Chevy in American graffiti for the sound effects. Burt Reynolds, Trans Am they were not happy with the car the way it sounded..

Yep. The original T/A sound in the movie S&theB was indeed the 4-speed big-block Chevy from “2-Lane Blacktop”, which was also Harrison Ford’s car in “American Graffiti”.
I noticed that a lot of the remastered versions actually sound like a T/A now. I had a couple of those cars and loved them. But they WERE a late ‘70’s “smog motor” and did not sound like the 454 sounds in the original release. 

Another interesting movie car was Tony Danza’s ‘57 Chevy in “Hollywood Knights”.  It was the “Project X” car from Popular Hot Rodding magazine. In the scene where they are racing the Cobra, you can see a puff of smoke off the engine. They blew the transmission and hurt the motor.