Mack RS series

Hello Marco,

I built a model of this truck a few years back. I think I asked the same question back then but wasn't able to find out anything about that particular truck apart from the images in the brochure posted by D-Day. Maybe the Mack Museum might be able to help.

As far as Value-Liners go, I do have lots of photos etc. both of actual trucks and my model during and after construction. 

• Like 1

Your funny Bob..  I think it is.. expand the picture and look at hi left foot.. it looks like the picture was cut out and pasted ( with real paste, the olden days way ) to the truck..  

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 6:15 AM, mowerman said:

Not sure if anybody else noticed, but it looks like the guy model is dubbed in like something Tom would do oooooooooo how you say???? Poorly cropped lol bob

My guess is that the photo was split across 2 pages - similar to the Superliner. Guy model’s shadow shows on the door. That’s pretty tough to do with paste, but I expect Tom could make it happen with his computer skills. 😎

On 5/1/2023 at 4:43 AM, Whiskymack said:

Double Denim Dude looks real enough to me! Mine's a cardboard cut out though. A bit of a one dimensional guy.

I wish I had a body like that or should I say I wish those jeans fit me that way ha ha they probably did it one time … bob

• Haha 1

Man, those bring back so many good memories. There is NOTHING made today that is as nice as those old Mack's....inside or out. Even handling....I've driven through every kind of horrible winter storm and my old R models never did anything to scare you. They just handled so good.....they inspired confidence.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 5:16 AM, Bullheaded said:

Man, those bring back so many good memories. There is NOTHING made today that is as nice as those old Mack's....inside or out. Even handling....I've driven through every kind of horrible winter storm and my old R models never did anything to scare you. They just handled so good.....they inspired confidence.

I really like my Pete as far as w work performance and some what decent looks for anything these days but yes,,,, most of us would prefer the R model… just the way matlack or west Lynn creamery had them setup  ooooooooooooo lala!!!!!!!.. Bob

i love my new Kenworth T880 as i am in my twilight years, but i will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Mack R-688.

in my youth i started in a 49 International L-190.

than moved to a Mack B-815, than a 79 DM-800. than in 85 a new 85 DM-800. i put close to 500k miles on those two DM's

in 88 i  got a brand new R-688. and i put almost 1 million miles on 688's over the next 20 years. 

in 09 i got a 2 year old CV-713. 

in 2010 i switched companies after the other one went bankrupt due to the owner going to prison for bribing federal inspectors. 
i moved into a 99 R-688. ran that one for 4 years and than back into a 05 CV713. 

in 2016 we sold that and i went into a 2010 Kenworth T880. in 2019  we sold that and i went into a new T880. 

last september we sold that one for $20G more than we paid for it with 75k miles on it and i moved into the new 2022 T880.

of my over 2 million miles driven, over 1.5 million were in macks. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

You love your T880 TJC? Wow. I hate the new one they got me at the mine.  I guess maybe they are just not made for off road. I found the old T800's had far less squeaks, rattles and clunks. Bummed me out that they replaced the N14 powered Autocar with that thing.

I drove some early 80's C500's and mid 2000 T800's and they all seemed pretty solid and rattle free.

My favorites were pre 2000 Mack's and after that my Cat powered 9900i and 5600i Internationals.

As much as I LOVE V8 Superliners, I still have to rate the R model as the all time most versatile truck ever made. R's have done everything from long haul, to dump trucks to hauling logs off road, to hauling super load floats. My friend used to haul oversize up to the Yukon all the time with his R. Everything from big mining equipment and Euclids, to crushing plants.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Talk Crummy photo, but you get the picture you… Bob

IMG_2139.png

My favorites up here Bob were what they called the Hamilton steel hauler specs.......long wheelbase with 60 or 72 inch rear axle spreads and fuel tanks from the front axle to the rears. They just looked cool.

• Like 1