Just Old Trucks forum/website

Terry T

Does anyone here know what happened to the JOT site?  Each time I try to click on the site I get "Service Unavailable".  I know there are a few of us here that are also over there. Not a lot of those guys are Facebookers so it's hard to reach anyone off the site & it's been so long since I called/text any of the guys I'm not sure I even have good #'s for them.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem with JOT is that the server is down. Earlier this week I got the latest update from Eddy. The programmer, who is in England, had finally contacted Eddy and said he (the programmer) was working on the problem. Apparently we share the server with some other forums and they are down as well. I don't know how much longer we will be down but it has already been too long. Thanks for everyone's patience. 

Brocky, it has been about 40 minutes since you posted, and through the wonders of cyberspace I have not received your email yet. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what happened to the JOT site, but this reminded me of another website that I miss a lot- Hank's Truck Pictures. I used to love to get on there and look at all the truck pictures, especially the old ones. 

Hank's was no surprise though, he said he was going to shut it down. So many people shared so many of the pictures on Facebook that he said there wasn't much point in it anymore.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Ha ha nobody’s gonna miss them. I used to belong wasn’t crazy about them at all.At least sierra chapter . They did almost nothing but take my money… I am not going to bore everybody with details but the last stunt get pulled. I just left and said goodbye  Bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High Binder said:

Brocky, Don't forget about the ATHS forum that got abandoned and went away.

Dan, That was a political maneuver by a past Exec Director!!!!  And Eddy replaced it with JOT..

• Like 1

Brocky

I have been a member of both, ATHS & ATCA for the last 20 years. About the only reason I stay with ATHS is because I am an officer in our local chapter, Palmetto Upstate. Our chapter is active on the local level by piggy backing our shows on local Farm Days shows which is a win-win situation for both of us, they take care of all the presenting work and our trucks help with advertising which helps draw their spectator crowd to support their charitable donations.

Brocky