Sidetrack area

mowerman

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

I forgot about this area guess it’s a good spot to bellyache no progress thus weekend yesterday it was Cold  windy and dark and snowing …today so far it’s 13 degrees so looks like sofa and television … and yes, I’m sure most of you fellas are in the same boat… bob

I couldn't make it to the boat everyone else may be in. have been sick as a S O B last two days. wife says ; take covid test !  reply from thou was : why if it's covid will test make it go away or better. east coast has a blizzard = still in progress . I went out 7:30am today with John Deere 318 and plow (no cab installed) quick open driveway was 2 hrs . drive has to be 1/8 or 1/4 mile long. radio says 12 in expected ;; well there is OVER  a ft now and heavy snow is back. came in at 9:30 froze beyond capabilities . couldn't hold a coffee cup. felt like puking ;; back to sleep 9:30=11:30

You Need to be careful Mech,,  That Kung Flu can kill you..  Keep warm the best you can. I remember those winters,,  have to go out every couple hours to move snow..  

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that Mecho I have not heard anything about any of that snow  but I have had some crud all week long mainly just congested too much coughing, especially at night it seems to be almost gone

don't know yet ;;; I may be in the Raliegh NC area , my younger Sisters (ex)husband passed away yesterday expectantly. they may have been ex's but stayed friends haven't heard arrangements yet.

• Like 1

Gotcha it’s still pretty good size it’s a lot more than some of us have but of course we could all use a little bit more storage but if I could have it all, I’d have a lot more land, bigger garage and somewhere where it doesn’t see winter…. Come-on???????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Sorry to hear that Mecho I have not heard anything about any of that snow  but I have had some crud all week long mainly just congested too much coughing, especially at night it seems to be almost gone

wife talked to her daughter today , they live lower section of ct. there it was a dusting to couple inches . we are in watertown = higher up state closing in on MA. ct is the ass-le of nation weather changes by section.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

wife talked to her daughter today , they live lower section of ct. there it was a dusting to couple inches . we are in watertown = higher up state closing in on MA. ct is the ass-le of nation weather changes by section.

When I was in Cortland , I was thinking of myself. The place is absolutely gorgeous and full of green and that probably means I wouldn’t want anything to do with that area in the winter. i’m sure that’s all it does is snow there

2 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Mech, are you off of I-91?

NO  . Watertown is off route 8 exit 36-37. between NY line and 91.   91 on a good day is 20-25 minutes away .find Waterbury CT , Watertown close. 

ok,,  I guess I could have looked at my old Trucker's atlas to see where you are..   Actually, im going to get it and look, just because,  :) 

Yes Mech,,,,  I said ATLAS..  I dont need to use my phone to find you on the map..  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mowerman said:

When I was in Cortland , I was thinking of myself. The place is absolutely gorgeous and full of green and that probably means I wouldn’t want anything to do with that area in the winter. i’m sure that’s all it does is snow there

Cortland is 4 hrs  north from here and in those 4 hrs of driving you are going back to civilization where people smile say good day etc. with the shape this worn out body is in , I will agree =snow /snow /snow  NOT for me. mentioned to wife yesterday how unusual it felt to listen to forecast of blizzard knowing I should have been able to sleep in. didn't happen at least I slept (somewhat) in a bed last night , NOT on front seat of company vehicle not having a plow waiting for next broken unit. back then rule of thumb == long as the storm lasted forget any sleep. may have mentioned the story of chasing down a skid steer having broke axle hub during blizzard sidewalk cleaning.  no place to connect ground=I held ground clamp  on wheel stud (during blizzard) wet coveralls laying on ground. I struck an arc and lit up like a Christmas tree. one storm heading to unit down ; had to actually plow town road with truck. seeing disable out from the right two kids on those silver disc came down hill : i almost ran them both over.. I DON'T MISS THOSE DAYS NOW/or the snow

11 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

exit 15 off I-84, get on #6 and go to you..

84 east ; it's easier to go further to 19 or 20 for route 8 NORTH. it's called the mix=master not sure if 19 s north or south. not 19 it's 20. ones right exit other is ct's famous left exits. rte 8 north two ? exits up to exit 37 = watertown 262. 3 miles from 84??? 15 is an alternative if your looking for food etc.

yesterday for me was restructure roof supports over kitchen, than sheetrock and spackle. 

today was plumbing. too almost 7 hours!!

i figured the plumbing would be the easy part. 

oops, i was wrong. 

• Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

TJ every job I do turns out to be way longer than I figured and Mecho that is an ugly story. I think you’ve got us all beat.  about all I got is too many hours of stressed out driving at the edge of the seat … this is it my last winter thank god!!!!!!

• Like 1

Bob, i figured the rock would be the big job because my shoulders do not work like they did 28 years ago last time i did it when i built this place. (i gutted it to the 4 bare walls and replaced EVERYTHING)

but no, the rock only took 2 1/2 hours.

the plumbing fought me all the way. 

i had 3 valves that were seized that i had to replace. and since i was not intent on replacing them, i also had to go to the store and buy new ones. 

than i had intended to hook the sink  drain to the vent cleanout port i put in 28 years ago.......no way jose!!!

4 foot pipe wrench with a 4 foot "cheater pipe" and it laughed at me. even after heating it to sizzling with a oxy torch with rosebud head. 

so back off to the store for a  fernco T-Y to cut into the copper vent pipe and do it the hard way. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I dont miss it either.  I only ran I-81/88/90/80... and so-on for a little over 2 years..  I'm more of a mechanic than a driver..  

• Like 2

GEEEEEEEEEEESUS TJ that sounds like a years worth of repairs,,,,, I need to take a nap just thinking of all that …. But I’ll be right there with you soon … soon my job hours will be way shorter and rest of my days will be rebuilding just about half this house… bob

16 hours ago, tjc transport said:

i figured the plumbing would be the easy part. 

oops, i was wrong. 

I was always told the first rule of plumbing is: Always have a full tank of gas.....

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Still trying to figure that one out….. Any rate ordinarily, if it takes more than a few hours, I just hire somebody while I’m still working and making pretty good money and no time once I retire, I’ll be doing most everything myself… bob

I think the full tank of fuel is needed for the 15 trips to the hardware store to get parts.  :) it is for me at least..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

I think the full tank of fuel is needed for the 15 trips to the hardware store to get parts.  :) it is for me at least..

Have you ever seen a simple job stay simple!  😁    terry :MackLogo:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...