Sidetrack area

mowerman

Posted (edited)

Unless it was an Olivetti or some other cool brand the electric typewriters aren't usually worth much. The little electric motors inside are nice for projects though.

I've been mowing for the last couple of weeks but the weeds have already gotten ahead of me. 

Edited by BOBWhite

Came across this thing was my first street bike  bought in 1972 only paid 100 bucks now look how much that one is funny thing mine was the same colors didn’t care for the fenders I painted them burgundy got  pictures of it somewhere… bob

IMG_3216.jpeg

• Like 1

I didn’t want to keep stepping on the ducks tread, so I’ll continue my complaining about my run. It’s too many hours and there’s always accidents between Reno and USA Parkway so along with a 12 hour shift a lot of times you’ve got one to two hour delays sitting on the highway, which turns it into 14 it happens all the time And yes, I’ll be glad to be off that run along with blown out tires. Another two hour to three hour delays waiting for a tire rescue man done baby. I’m tired of all of it. 

On 5/6/2024 at 6:57 AM, BOBWhite said:

Unless it was an Olivetti or some other cool brand the electric typewriters aren't usually worth much. The little electric motors inside are nice for projects though.

I've been mowing for the last couple of weeks but the weeds have already gotten ahead of me. 

Spent good part of yesterday weeding doesn’t matter was 82 degrees I’ll take it

I feel your pain Bob

Sent this to Tim Maikshilo this morning  to show him it does get cold here, not as bad as that New England country he tells me about 

Screenshot_20240519-080742_Weather.thumb.jpg.1d81fdaf424a1764f43b45c43992ce1d.jpg

Knuckles are aching a bit this year, have chickened out going for a run the last couple of mornings

Was doing a switch board upgrade on house yesterday morning, couldn't even feel my fingers 

Yeah Im a pussy 🤪

Paul

4 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I feel your pain Bob

Sent this to Tim Maikshilo this morning  to show him it does get cold here, not as bad as that New England country he tells me about 

Screenshot_20240519-080742_Weather.thumb.jpg.1d81fdaf424a1764f43b45c43992ce1d.jpg

Knuckles are aching a bit this year, have chickened out going for a run the last couple of mornings

Was doing a switch board upgrade on house yesterday morning, couldn't even feel my fingers 

Yeah Im a pussy 🤪

Paul

Reno is not much different than New England except it doesn’t dip down so low don’t normally see single digits or below like they do ,,, but still sucks lol… bob

4 hours ago, tjc transport said:

is that 37C, or 37F paul?   🤣

since he cannot feel his fingers It better be Fahrenheit as 37 Celsius would be over 100 degrees..

• Like 1

Brocky

On 5/12/2024 at 3:41 PM, mowerman said:

Came across this thing was my first street bike  bought in 1972 only paid 100 bucks now look how much that one is funny thing mine was the same colors didn’t care for the fenders I painted them burgundy got  pictures of it somewhere… bob

IMG_3216.jpeg

I have a Honda Trail 70 I ride pastures with but it burned up an intake valve last week :(  Amazon has "new" head for $40 so I guess I'll try that next.

It got up to 93°F today and it's getting tough to sleep at night. I try and push till June or July before the AC comes on  but a month a go I was tired of the cold so I just try and think of that.

11 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

I have a Honda Trail 70 I ride pastures with but it burned up an intake valve last week :(  Amazon has "new" head for $40 so I guess I'll try that next.

It got up to 93°F today and it's getting tough to sleep at night. I try and push till June or July before the AC comes on  but a month a go I was tired of the cold so I just try and think of that.

excellent,,,, amazon got access to everything,,,,i always try them first,,,, i never complain about heat,,,,but weather did about the same here,,,good luck..bob

There is such thing as getting too hot too fast. I haven’t hooked up my swamp cooler because they’re coming to do the siding and windows contractor pretty quick and the swamp cooler is going. We’re buying a brand new one so a couple of days already I had to put fans in the living room because it was too hot in here already too fast as I mentioned, but that’s the way Reno seems to be most of the time there is no spring and no fall. Just goes from summer to winter and vice versa. Bob

You should try new joisey.....50 at 5 am, 85 at 5 pm.

Sometimes we  will see 25 degree temp swings in 1 hour 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

There is such thing as getting too hot too fast. I haven’t hooked up my swamp cooler because they’re coming to do the siding and windows contractor pretty quick and the swamp cooler is going. We’re buying a brand new one so a couple of days already I had to put fans in the living room because it was too hot in here already too fast as I mentioned, but that’s the way Reno seems to be most of the time there is no spring and no fall. Just goes from summer to winter and vice versa. Bob

I haven't seen a swamp cooler in a house around here in a long time. Is it for your house or a shop?

That reminds me of the old equipment that had swap coolers mounted on top of the cab. The water would drip down on you and it would get very gross once the chaff and straw got in it. Raising the humidity in the cab often just made things hotter and more miserable, open air stuff was often times more bearable. 

Image10.jpeg.0704b00945056ebcb2b60ffe0a35574f.jpeg

Also completely forgot 85 back there with all that humidity must’ve been horrible. I know the first time I went back to Pittsburgh a couple of years ago about burned to death not used to humid humidity had sweat pouring down my face at watts show. It’s really really dry here. 85° is really not that bad at all here.

this is what ours looks like....it works real good but wife wants the new style state of the art model,that will look alot better with the new siding..instead of a power plant...they dont work very good if your areas has alot of humidity and after your field story,it reminded of long time ago i was headed out to yuma arizona to pick up lemons,,,old Rmodel no air,,,it was 115 degrees,,i was complaining to someone about it and he told me back in the day,some guys would put a bucket of ice near the heater vent and turn on the fan,,,,wasnt much help but better than nothing and no stinky straw lol.bob 

Swampy works okay, but they have their limits

Have finally got the new ducted split refrigerated unit it

House is toasty warm now, the Princess is happy 

Will be ice cool in summer, Princess might be happy then as well, whilst this bigger than Ben Hur production was going on the control for the Swampy went bung, had to get a fresh one of those 600 bucks Australian 

Come home one stinking hot day, sitting down enjoying a cool beverage and next thing the fan stops blowing

Run winding shit itself, nearly a grand for a motor

Bugger me 1600 bucks on a swampy I was gunna pull out, no wonder I have to work all these hours, tiz a lotta up keep on a Princess lol

Paul

• Like 1