C600 tandem in New Jersey

tjc transport

not mine and i know nothing about it. just saw the listing on bookface marketplace and figured someone here may be interested in it:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/722899285820706/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Aa76c1028-c602-453a-9a7b-974abb08cb04

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody toss a couple of pics from the ad please. I'm not going to get rid of 5K but would like to see the bucket. Facebook is banned in my neck of the woods.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

i have seen....and fixed a lot worse rust on cabs. 

but what scares me with that one is the severe rot around the passenger side windshield/roofline. looks like there is close to 1 inch missing in a few spots.

and then over the driver side door, it looks like there is a lot missing there too.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Oooooooop ya I didn’t even notice that . But I understand with a sheet metal brake and lotsa time who knows …markers are all shot…. Not much there to work with …  a bunch of young kids to learn the business body shop class …Bob 

23 hours ago, tjc transport said:

no problem Vlad. here ya go:

1964 Mack C-600 Mack motor and twin stick trans. Cab is rough. Come check it out and make offer.

Uggh... I even couldn't imagine such state of things. Definitely wouldn't come check it out if even have US visa open at the moment.

Thanks for sharing. I like C-models and tandems especially. The chassis looks solid judging by the pics. The truck may be fixed or restored but it seems better to use another cab than weld patches here and there in the existing one.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 1/16/2023 at 4:57 PM, skydawg said:

I wish my B61 had those hinged front fenders.

I was just thinking that last week when I was working on the turbo downpipe.... stretched across that damn fender with my foot pushed against the garage wall holding myself up.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 1/20/2023 at 12:16 PM, Freightrain said:

I was just thinking that last week when I was working on the turbo downpipe.... stretched across that damn fender with my foot pushed against the garage wall holding myself up.

Me too when removing air compressor.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 9:07 PM, skydawg said:

C`mon Larry,pics or it didn`t happen.

Luckily the stall is just barely wider then the truck so I can use it to prop myself up.  You have to be a skinny ass to get around the truck while parked inside.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

2 hours ago, skydawg said:

Does anybody know what`ll happen to Mike`s trucks?

His son, Mikey, is and has been looking out for them. I believe they will be in good hands and safe for, probably, the next generation to enjoy.

• Like 1