If you had the opportunity to redesign the Mack chassis and the MP engines what would you change?

Oh My God !!  I wish I had youre skill's,   and Pocket book...  That is sweet, and the CL is AWESOME..  I love a Superliner, But when Mack replaced it with the CL, to me.. A pretty Damn Good Swap...  Rock-on !!!

Well put...  I like the way you think..   I suck at driving Cummins, but it is still cool..   I would rather have a CL with a 460 XT, 18 spd. 4:17 rears...   But to each his own..  :)   Sorry,,  I see it's a CAT..  Dumb me...  

Edited by Joey Mack
wrong info
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Well put...  I like the way you think..   I suck at driving Cummins, but it is still cool..   I would rather have a CL with a 460 XT, 18 spd. 4:17 rears...   But to each his own..  :) 

I think that's an ACERT    ME Wow

Edited by Mark T
more information
  • Haha 1

It is.... I just saw some other pics of it..   Hell I just put an engine harness on one this summer and ran the valves..  In a '99 W-900...  What a dumbass...   :)  

Edited by Joey Mack
more content needed

1 minute ago, Joey Mack said:

It is.... I just saw some other pics of it..   Hell I just put an engine harness on one this summer and ran the valves..  In a '99 W-900...  What a dumbass...   :)  

They can have them ACERT Cats I'd rather put a 14.0 Liter 60 series Detroit under the hood of a Mack. 

• Like 1

I actually really like a Detroit..  But i like the 12.7..   I like simple reliable engines, yes,,  lower power is always an issue, but I like long time between repairs..  Of course, I am not a Pro driver/owner operator anymore..   I loved my 12.7, in the one and only truck I owned..  :) 

6 hours ago, BGarofalo said:

Here is my version of “redesigning” a Mack and MP engine.  In my opinion a CL is already perfect so just need to put a decent engine in. 47F6762F-1C0D-4045-9B77-663303C55522.thumb.jpeg.4cd266b50d279c843927d06624b628bc.jpeg

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing….anymore pics/vids of this monster!? Nice glider. 

Edited by Onyx610
Spelling

46 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

A '99 ?   I doubt it was a ACERT. That's more like 2WS era

11 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

Surprised to see it still has the twin turbo setup. Most I've seen chuck the twins for a big single. 

Twin turbo's heat up the air too much they say. 

Most do that with a 6NZ I think 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Yup nice install so far ! May have an issue with the fan shroud there the fan hub mounts quite a bit lower in the frame than a V8! Minor hicup for a guy with you skills I imagine! Got lots of Balls / patients/ and a big bag of money I hope! 😅

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 12:06 AM, BOBWhite said:

Surprised to see it still has the twin turbo setup. Most I've seen chuck the twins for a big single. 

Twin turbo's heat up the air too much they say. 

Maybe he needs it to be some kind of compliant looking for where it goes.  This is a interesting swap even if considered blasphemous by some.  I never knew a Cat can communicate with a VECM on the Mack (maybe it can't) and yes....hot air. the air needs a little help get'n that lean fuel mixture to light on those environmentally friendly Cats 🤣

• Like 1

I still don't know why a Mack 460 or 460 XT wouldnt be enough power and reliability..   Like I said before, Mack 18 spd. and 200 series rears with 4.17: 1 gears,,  Hell even 4.42:1.....  I have a lot to learn...   :)   jojo

• Like 1