If you had the opportunity to redesign the Mack chassis and the MP engines what would you change?

2 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I still don't know why a Mack 460 or 460 XT wouldnt be enough power and reliability..   Like I said before, Mack 18 spd. and 200 series rears with 4.17: 1 gears,,  Hell even 4.42:1.....  I have a lot to learn...   :)   jojo

460 xt would be fine except Mack was real stingy handing that out Had to be an all Mack drive Trian! 

8 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Still waiting for him to make a thread on this thing. Also a c15 acert can make 595hp stock…

Tough to beat 3406E  for simplicity Cat wise! second gen series 60 also! Might fine power plant! Fairly simple drive by wire stuff! Yup N14 too! Only 450 + taxed the bottom end on thous!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fjh said:

All this said sooner or later these companys are going to start starving the parts chain! just like the Volvo Turds!

Yup, it’s just when companies decide to get in bed with the federal government and start getting paid to destroy/stop making parts for these older engines. Cat got out of the highway truck engine business all together. Smart move….

24 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Cats are much more responsive to mods to make serious power I believe. Also a lot more aftermarket support for them like Cummins. Some people love their cats too. 

so it's cats vs dogs like blue vs grey or army vs navy.  may the best man win😁

• Haha 1

I want to speak on this, but I really dont know if I know what to say...   I guess, I look at it like cars...  They plug in and open the hood to inspect the newer cars to SEE that the Gov. parts are still installed and functioning.   I see that in the future of truck's..  and really wonder why it isnt already happening.  I dont want it, just saying..  jojo

it's here now. most won't know what a paper log book is ; scanners on the highway tell weight stations everything (almost) they want to know of a vehicle as it passes under .  how many post here ask "is the system on delete?  I don't have a clue regard to delete. bet you don't remember when computers first came around to change truck engine hp with a few buttons!!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I would start with the rubber weathering stripe on doors. MACK TRUCKS uses a flimsy, saggy-soft rubber piece that falls appart miserably... All of our 2018 GU18s suffer this issue.IMG_20221107_112817571.thumb.jpg.dd328a9d7f5ccd4af43ad6ad2930b975.jpg

IMG_20221108_132311515_HDR.thumb.jpg.d77ff29d1d4988e754f1dc474a6b9d36.jpg

MACK TRUCK salesman blames the new door panel design that presses into the rubber stripe striking it off its place when opening the doors.

IMG_20221108_132306216_HDR.thumb.jpg.0b910a0e3300bff00330a50ad70bc5b0.jpg

I can't beleive NAVISTAR makes a better / decent job with the rubber seals (weathering stripes) on the doors of its new cab design. This is our 2022 INTERNATIONAL MV and so far I like this cab better than the cab in our 2018 MACKs..

2022 INTERNATIONAL MV ⬇️

IMG_20221107_124005649_HDR.thumb.jpg.b045b317f02a1c21efad3eb67cd0f69b.jpg

2018 MACK GU813 ⬇️IMG_20221108_132238736_HDR.thumb.jpg.9c6fe540289496101f71e7d085b00572.jpg

IMG_20221109_103505003_HDR.thumb.jpg.d0ea8e405100bddee0467c08b2cb3e11.jpgIMG_20221109_110219574_HDR.thumb.jpg.0b799eeb6d215f1d7739d5d31266f2f4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

based on the pictures and NOT  defending anyone ; Mack might do better changing the adhesive they use to install the seal . seals don't look ripped apart as much as the door jams only show spots of adhesive  suppose to keep them on. different glue and a little more of it 

• Like 1

Our 2018 GU713 (newest one we have) the weather stripping at the window glass has disintegrated in spots. Not many miles on it either. However idk what these guys use to clean these trucks when they do….this is the same truck I saw aluminum brightner being sprayed all over it one day…🤔

Edited by Onyx610

2 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Our 2018 GU713 (newest one we have) the weather stripping at the window glass has disintegrated in spots. Not many miles on it either. However idk what these guys use to clean these trucks when they do….this is the same truck I saw aluminum brightner being sprayed all over it one day…🤔

I have the Blue Beacon here in Beaverdam,Ohio spray brightener on the Body of my Truck. It helps the truck stay cleaner longer and it helps the paint not Dull out. Just don't git it on your windows or it will eat them up. 

6 hours ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

I have the Blue Beacon here in Beaverdam,Ohio spray brightener on the Body of my Truck. It helps the truck stay cleaner longer and it helps the paint not Dull out. Just don't git it on your windows or it will eat them up. 

This stuff isn’t your Napa aluminum brighter. I’ve seen gallon jugs of this zep concentrate laying around and it’s like  phosphoric acid or some shit. I’m no detailer but I’m pretty sure that stuff has no place on paint or rubber. 

Edited by Onyx610
Spellings
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Onyx610 said:

This stuff isn’t your Napa aluminum brighter. I’ve seen gallon jugs of this zep concentrate laying around and it’s like  phosphoric acid or some shit. I’m no detailer but I’m pretty sure that stuff has no place on paint or rubber. 

Yeah it's "brightner" also known as Acid Brightner useful for bringing up the oxidation hiding beneath the surface of your chrome rims,battery boxes,fuel tanks etc....It won't harm the paint on the truck at all. Like I said I have Blue Beacon do it all the time because it's free and it helps my truck look cleaner longer.

14 minutes ago, fjh said:

The stuff we was selling was called alumibright ! 5 gallon or 4 liter jugs ! to make the wheels, tankers and wood chip wagons shine !

I think that’s the stuff I saw laying around. Takes your breath away and burns….

Curiosity on this one so I went and checked it out. This one is zep-a-lume. it’s different than all that stuff. Hydrofluoric, sulfuric, and phosphoric acids haha. Not to be used on anything but aluminum apparently.