If you had the opportunity to redesign the Mack chassis and the MP engines what would you change?

The acid wash our local cement guys use here  just shit kicks the paint! Not sure what it Is! They are not the greatest at washing the shit off! The suspension has stalactites hanging of it come inspection time ! Hated doing inspections on these ! we have two company's in the area  one big corporate dude ! and the independent Guess whos trucks were Clean? the cooperate drivers get out and slam the door and go home ! The independent guys Wash the trucks off at nite! Look after shit !Did inspections for both company's Hated to see the corporates come in the drive way!  

2 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

all the alum bright I ever came in contact with was more of an alum cleaner.  actually cleaned well but made the alum dull. then it was the polish and buffing wheels .

Yup! Still got to put the elbow grease on!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Curiosity on this one so I went and checked it out. This one is zep-a-lume. it’s different than all that stuff. Hydrofluoric, sulfuric, and phosphoric acids haha. Not to be used on anything but aluminum apparently.  

ZEP always HAD good products. make sure you follow all the safety precautions when using the zep a lume. don't cut corners and do like someone I know (me ) thinking " i don't need long rubber chemical gloves" . took a long time for my finger nails to grow back . one of the most  painful episodes of my life.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fjh said:

The acid wash our local cement guys use here  just shit kicks the paint! Not sure what it Is! They are not the greatest at washing the shit off! The suspension has stalactites hanging of it come inspection time ! Hated doing inspections on these ! we have two company's in the area  one big corporate dude ! and the independent Guess whos trucks were Clean? the cooperate drivers get out and slam the door and go home ! The independent guys Wash the trucks off at nite! Look after shit !Did inspections for both company's Hated to see the corporates come in the drive way!  

This is 100 percent true. Most people tend to treat shit they own a little different…

1 minute ago, mechohaulic said:

ZEP always HAD good products. make sure you follow all the safety precautions when using the zep a lume. don't cut corners and do like someone I know (me ) thinking " i don't need long rubber chemical gloves" . took a long time for my finger nails to grow back . one of the most  painful episodes of my life.

This stuff is nasty but works….health rating of like 3 haha

image.jpg

image.jpg

I polished my tanks and wheels after I had them brighten everything which brings the oxidation to surface and everything looks dull. Now the only thing that gits brightened is the occasional van trailer or flatbed I'm pulling at the time and the body of my Truck. Bottom picture is when I first got the truck the driver that had it before me hadn't washed it in months. Top picture is after it's first bath and brightener on all chrome. Picture below that is after i hand polished and got rid of all the oxidation. 20220513_182827.jpg.e9610a44bc7ca3d522d02a894cfd3b02.jpg20220513_182827.thumb.jpg.e262e0751923e4c32b0943ee2fd1beb8.jpg20220513_200024.thumb.jpg.55bcf0c46a219aea049989106061e994.jpg20220427_201539.thumb.jpg.ea91a064b12a36413c4616cbace3a08b.jpg

20220513_182827.jpg

the main down side to the  alum brightener on tanks is it stays between the strap/ rubber and has a tendency to speed up the oxidation process. we all know how a beautiful  tank is ruined under the holding straps. no one is going to loosen the straps to polish under neath.  nice pictures and truck 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Joey Mack said:

That's cool...  what are the gauge pics about?  just curious..  Is the engine back running again?  that would be cool to see..  I have never done a Cummin's...

Mileage