White Road Boss in Youngstown Ohio

h67st

Man....a long hood road boss in that condition for $2500. Seems like a good bargain to me if you are into Whites. You just hardly ever see one with a long hood..... I paid a good bit more than that for mine with a short hood not too long ago although it has a title. I wonder what it has for power. If I didn't already have one I would be all over this one. 

3 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

There Is a road boss a couple of blocks from me. I see it run a couple of times a year but it doesn't interest me very much, White killed Oliver and Moline back in the 80s and as a big Ag guy I still hate them for it. 

And White farm machinery was never a good seller in Australia, they put to much plastic and crap on their farm gear, got to far away from what made Oliver good, dunno about Moline

Paul 

1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

And White farm machinery was never a good seller in Australia, they put to much plastic and crap on their farm gear, got to far away from what made Oliver good, dunno about Moline

I don't think they ever sold Moline's in Australia but I know Olivers and before that Hart Parr's were very popular down there. My great great grandpa sold Hart Parr's and we still got some advertising they sent him. One ad told of a Hart Parr they ran down in Australia for 9 days and 8 nights to break a world plowing record back in the 1920s. Tough machines 

11 hours ago, h67st said:

I was back up there and snapped a couple of engine photos.

143.JPG

144.JPG

Small Cam. Not a 350. Hard to tell much more. That was a pretty nice truck in it's time AC power steering Jake extended hood. and look at that second ride enhancing shock . 

Edited by Mark T
more information
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

I don't think they ever sold Moline's in Australia but I know Olivers and before that Hart Parr's were very popular down there. My great great grandpa sold Hart Parr's and we still got some advertising they sent him. One ad told of a Hart Parr they ran down in Australia for 9 days and 8 nights to break a world plowing record back in the 1920s. Tough machines 

Moline was sold here right up until White took over

The latest ones I have seen look like a yellow and white Oliver

Paul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

and look at that second ride enhancing shock . 

I had a Road Boss back in the Day that had the same twin Shock setup..!!

31 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Moline was sold here right up until White took over

The latest ones I have seen look like a yellow and white Oliver

Yep, From what I've seen Oliver tractors are far more common than Minneapolis  Moline's 

Father In-laws Neighbour has a Oliver & a Moline tractor which are identical apart from the Paint/Decals.. But White were pretty good at that sort of Thing. The Conventional Headers (Combines) sold Here were Italian ARBOS Badged as White...!

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I had a Road Boss back in the Day that had the same twin Shock setup..!!

Yep, From what I've seen Oliver tractors are far more common than Minneapolis  Moline's 

Father In-laws Neighbour has a Oliver & a Moline tractor which are identical apart from the Paint/Decals.. But White were pretty good at that sort of Thing. The Conventional Headers (Combines) sold Here were Italian ARBOS Badged as White...!

And for people that dont live in Australia a header is the whole machine or what other countries call a combine

A combine in Australia  is what other countries call a seeder (did a combination of cultivate, seed, fertilize in the one pass

Headers are called that because up until the early 80s Australian farmers normally only took the heads off crops and left all the straw standing 

Paul

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I tried to buy that Road Boss at least ten years ago. Guy that owned it was a contractor for fedex. Had all kinds of old iron. Farm equipment etc. I don’t think he really wanted to sell it even though it was advertised .. more like someone was onhis neck to let stuff go. Something was the matter with the clutch, truck wouldn’t move 

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/8/2022 at 9:43 AM, Rusty Dog said:

Is this road boss still for sale?

No.. He scrapped it. I was just there last week.. It was pretty rough, would have taken quite a lot to get roadworthy... but the hood was good. No title and wanted $2500. 

Edited by Outbehindthebarn

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

Kind of a shame given its relative rarity but I guess you cant save them all. I'm just happy I found a nice one a little while back and was able to save it. Mine has a V8 screamer in it though. I almost decided several times to drag this one home since it was close to me but I refrained. I guess mine is worth a few pennies more now 😂.