Interesting piece of history.

And I don't remember showing it up anywhere on the net.

Freshely restored unit?

Also I wonder what's interesting to see in that museum aside of it?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vlad.

Put this museum in Bangor ME on your bucket list!! Plan on spending a whole day there!! I was there a long half day before my wife dragged me out..They have everything from a railroad engine to wheelbarrows.. Even bicycles hanging from the roof rafters.

Brocky

19 hours ago, Brocky said:

Vlad.

Put this museum in Bangor ME on your bucket list!! Plan on spending a whole day there!! I was there a long half day before my wife dragged me out..They have everything from a railroad engine to wheelbarrows.. Even bicycles hanging from the roof rafters.

Brocky, thank you for the leads up. It just didn't happen to me to hear about that place before. Not too close to NYC area looking at the map but would be interesting to visit according to your description. Bad thing with all those Covid limitations and Russia/US diplomatic wars I'm not sure I will be able to travel overseas once again soon. And from seeing the things as they are at the moment I'm even not sure I will be able ever. Nobody knows but I sure hope for the best.

Vlad

If you can schedule a trip to Maine the next time you are able to come to the States, The Erv Bickford Collection in Yarmouth ME is also a good 1/2 day one. Part of it is in a city park open 24/7 but to visit his garage you must call ahead for an appointment. The Transportation museum in Owls Head is open daily and has a little of everything including airplanes and race cars. I do not know the availability situation with the late Daryl Gushee's collection in New Glouster?? Just make one end of your flight Boston Mass rather than NYC?? Here is a link to my visit::

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/99086/The-Erv-Bickford-Collection?PageIndex=1

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 1

Brocky

I lived in Southern Maine for 23 years and never even knew these museums were there...  I even graduated from Gray- New Gloucscter high school in 1987, and didn't even know.... What ailes me?  May need to take a trip and visit some trucks, and My Dad...  Jojo

Jojo, I added a link to Erv's collection after you posted.. Did you know a Daryl Gushee in high school?? He would have been about  your age?? Maybe about 10 years older?? He was in his mid 50's when he passed away..

Edited by Brocky

Brocky

very cool. I just looked at internationals, I have a KB-7 and was looking for other ones,  I need to get up there and visit... A blast from the past, for me...  I used to work in Yarmouth and Freeport, and didn't even know they existed...  Too funny..  Jojo

I went to the Cole Museum in 1997 or so.  I was really impressed. From the photos I’ve seen it has changed quite a bit. I’ll be in Bangor next week but don’t have time to stop. 
I went to the Bickford collection about 8 years ago.  There are a lot of neat trucks there too.  I stopped at Yaworski’s in CT on a different trip.  He still has a lot of trucks but said everything with pain left. He might have 150 trucks in his junk yard. Definitely worth a stop on the way by. Mike. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 2:23 AM, Brocky said:

Vlad

If you can schedule a trip to Maine the next time you are able to come to the States, The Erv Bickford Collection in Yarmouth ME is also a good 1/2 day one. Part of it is in a city park open 24/7 but to visit his garage you must call ahead for an appointment. The Transportation museum in Owls Head is open daily and has a little of everything including airplanes and race cars. I do not know the availability situation with the late Daryl Gushee's collection in New Glouster?? Just make one end of your flight Boston Mass rather than NYC?? Here is a link to my visit::

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/99086/The-Erv-Bickford-Collection?PageIndex=1

Thanks for the link. Looks like a very interesting place indeed.