Just a few things:

Rob

agreed 100 percent Paul. the thing we were saying to is it is the media making the reference.

they have the world thinking Australia is one big concentration camp and no one is allowed to do anything, your country is over run with the made up bug, and everyone is dying from it. 

us with a brain in our heads know it is a giant pile of steaming bull droppings, but the sheep that believe everything they read or hear from the media and government must be true because the media and government would never ever lie. 

your beautiful county is still on my bucket list to visit. hopefully i may get the chance.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

13 hours ago, Hayseed said:

All good mate. .

Its' very hard to pick upon Peoples Body language  reading the written word on a Screen..!!:(

Yes, I TRY to be very careful with my wording and yet, STILL have people misinterpret what I am posting sometimes. On the flip side, I TRY to read posts carefully and if I am unsure of the intent/meaning, I often ask for clarification yet, STILL I have misinterpreted peoples posts. 

• Like 2

What kind of awful news source would compare Australia to communist China, or try to tell you the country is under a dictatorship?  Maybe Fox?  The MSM is very good at spinning world events and statistics to fit their chosen narrative.  I like the way Tucker tells you how few cases they have, and how the serious way they have responded to the pandemic has worked.  Then makes fun of the policies that have worked, lol.  How stupid is his audience?  

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 7:36 PM, GA_Dave said:

Covid 52.jpg

Nah...that "deadliest virus in history" mask ought to be off the nose/around the chin. Maybe add a big, bushy beard to it, since it's a male manequin head.

I've lost any tolerance I ever might've had for being told I HAVE to wear a mask by anyone who can't/won't/doesn't wear their own mask properly. With the exception of the trip to the ER with my boy, I haven't even carried a mask with me in at least 6-8 months...probably another 3-4 months added to that since I had put one on. Sucked having to waste time looking for where they'd been put before going to the hospital when my boy was in pain...but it was quicker & easier to put one on than it would've been to stand there fighting with hospital security while my boy needed to be seen.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I dunno about this turning in our guns, we have gun control but we still have plenty of fire power

Apart from my 12 guage and 410 I have my old faithful 303 and for mucking about the 3030, could easily go and buy more but I hardly have time to use what I have

Food is good, but I might be a bit biased about this, I  have been told our food in Australia and NewZealand is quite bland as we dont generally cook much with herbs and spices 

Paul 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I dunno about this turning in our guns, we have gun control but we still have plenty of fire power

Apart from my 12 guage and 410 I have my old faithful 303 and for mucking about the 3030, could easily go and buy more but I hardly have time to use what I have

Food is good, but I might be a bit biased about this, I  have been told our food in Australia and NewZealand is quite bland as we dont generally cook much with herbs and spices 

Paul 

well ,,,thats what they were telling us over here.....around 15 years ago....everyone had to turn in all thier firearms to be detroyed.....no exceptions even family airlooms and antiques....that very interesting....thanks paul........but sorry i need to find out before i travel to any other territory....(HOW IS YOUR FOOD)...lol...bob

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

yes ten four on the free time i bought a 44 magnum henry golden boy rifle 10 years ago and its still in the box...no time...bob

I had been drooling over the Henry's for years. Was at a sporting goods store that sold guns one night and they didn't have the Henry in the .45 Colt that I wanted...but they had an Uberti 1866 Yellowboy. I asked what the difference was, and they showed me how the Henry's load through the business end of the magazine tube, where the Uberti loaded through a gate on the frame. I kinda liked the Uberti, so after thinking on it for a while & getting the go-ahead from my better half when I found a place that had one for a good price, I picked one up. Two days later my boy was born. It was a year before I actually got to shoot the thing & couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 25 yds. Sat in the gun safe a couple more years until I trapped a skunk & decided that was the most practical way to get it out of the trap without being sprayed. Set up a 4x8 piece of cardboard and stood less than 10 feet away. Aimed. Squeezed the trigger. Shot hit over 12 inches to the right from the point of aim and a little high. No wonder I couldn't hit anything at 25 yards! Adjusted the front sight to get the verticle lined up. Still hits 3 inches high at 25 yards, but trajectory ought to bring it back closer at 50 & 100 yards. 25 was all I needed and .45 Colt ammo is expensive & hard to come by these days. Stood about 25 yards back from the trapped skunk with the wind at my back and squeezed the trigger once. That's all I needed.

Anyway, it's the only gun in my safe that wasn't made in the USA. Saw Henry is building rifles with the frame-mounted loading gate now...just not Golden Boy's in .45 Colt (last time I checked, anyway). When I first heard they were doing that, I considered maybe trading in the Uberti for a Henry...but I doubt I'll ever do that, because this was the last big purchase I made before kids. Not saying I won't eventually get a Henry too...just that I won't be getting rid of the Uberti.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

3 hours ago, mowerman said:

yes ten four on the free time i bought a 44 magnum henry golden boy rifle 10 years ago and its still in the box...no time...bob

I bought my son one for his 21 st, still jealous but what a gun

5.30 PM 

received-457772541786672.jpg

Put a horn on a jelly fish that gun

Paul

5 years ago i was in my favorite gun shop and noticed a stainless "Evil Roy" Henry in 22 mag. 

yup, it followed me home. 

last spring, back in the same shop, i saw a LARGE  Golden Boy Henry. asked "is that a 45-70?" when i got a yup, it followed me home too. 

fun to long distance shoot, but useless at close range. 

22 mag on top with a 3X9 Simmons scope,

45-70 on bottom with a Malcolm 6X long scope.

1616279163_henryrifle.thumb.jpg.69d7d45c11dec9dc6d266ac95a24d8a6.jpg45-70.thumb.JPG.9681c8a046c5aa9a21c2ed6d2b584851.JPG

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

10 hours ago, mowerman said:

I hear you about the "no time". I bought a Shiloh Sharps in 45-90 about 20 years ago and have yet to shoot it. Have lots of brass, dies, a couple different bullet molds for it but can't seem to find the time. The REAL stupid part is, since we moved in 2008, I now have a 400 yard range literally right outside my door, ( we live on 20 acres) my son built a nice shooting bench for working up loads and yet, I have so much going on in the summer that time for shooting is rather scarce. 

Bob, Back to Australia!!

I think they are about 18 hours ahead of us due to the date line in the Pacific./.

Their food is OK. We were on an organized tour. Due to the variances in terminology, what they call bacon is what we call thin sliced ham, although a couple of the hotels had our regular bacon listed as American bacon, Their breakfast sausage tasted like sawdust, as Paul said, they do not use as many spices in it. A hamburger was a hamburger!!! All the steaks were listed as Prime Rib, but if you read the details you could find what you wanted. On the street you could find many small, family owned, Indian and Asian restaurants. The majority of the time our breakfast buffet and dinner were at the hotel we were staying in.. 

I would love to go back again as an individual, rent a car and stop at regular motels and eat in the pubs as I come to them. I had a trip roughed in flying to Brisbane, renting a car, and doing a museum (Town begins with a G??) just west of there, then going to Dubbo to some private collections, then going down to Grenfell and doing the Haulin of the Hume with Ron Kirk, Then getting on the Indian Pacific railroad to Perth taking a day off here and there to see Broken Hill, Adaliade, a gold mine, ETC. But never made it!!!!!

The big Truckie's Reunion is in August and the Haulin of the Hume is in April so it is hard to combine the two. Our 2 week tour cost about $25k, for the wife and I, including 6 days in Hawaii on the way home. Here is a link to my report of the trip:: http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/84264/Down-Under-Trip?PageIndex=1

Edited by Brocky

Brocky

3 hours ago, tjc transport said:

5 years ago i was in my favorite gun shop and noticed a stainless "Evil Roy" Henry in 22 mag. 

yup, it followed me home. 

last spring, back in the same shop, i saw a LARGE  Golden Boy Henry. asked "is that a 45-70?" when i got a yup, it followed me home too. 

fun to long distance shoot, but useless at close range. 

22 mag on top with a 3X9 Simmons scope,

45-70 on bottom with a Malcolm 6X long scope.

1616279163_henryrifle.thumb.jpg.69d7d45c11dec9dc6d266ac95a24d8a6.jpg45-70.thumb.JPG.9681c8a046c5aa9a21c2ed6d2b584851.JPG

My area used to have allotta shooting areas now this town is getting so crowded they built houses in all the good spots and shooting range is around 20 miles 

Brocky the town your thinking of is Gatton and it has a great Museum, have been a few times 

Never made it to the Alice Springs reunion, was meant to go last year but Covid got in the way 

I'm gunna have to do some research into American bacon,  I have only heard of bacon and streaky bacon that I cook up with pancakes for breakfast occasionally 

https://westerntransportmuseum.com/gallery.php?gallery=1

The owners of Western Transport, the Anderson brothers made Mack Australia what it is today

They bought unwanted new Macks at first and then once Macks proved their reliability they obtained the dealer ship for all of Eastern Australia 

They owned the Mack Australia name factory and as a result of using Mack in their fleet, the largest fleet in Australia, they then customized Macks for Australian conditions 

Thats why at first glance an Australian Mack looks the same but upon closer look it is very different than American trucks

Nearly 90% of all components were Australian made in Macks hey day 

Cyril Anderson was a man of vision who saw opportunities and took them

Anyway I could talk all day about this but dont wanna bore everyone 

Paul

Oh sorry brocky  I missed all that travel information you posted Thanks for that seems to me eating and pubs would probably be the way to go brought worst sandwiches every night yes I can do that …. Yes I can also drink a lot of beer and as for you Paul you are never boring keep on doing what you’re doing…, bob