Early Broncos

Red Horse

I really want one of the new Bronco's. But while at my dealership getting some work done on my F550, my salesman friend said he is getting one and they are going to be $70,000 here in Canada.

I just drove home in a new F150, LOL It was far cheaper.

52 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

I really want one of the new Bronco's. But while at my dealership getting some work done on my F550, my salesman friend said he is getting one and they are going to be $70,000 here in Canada.

I just drove home in a new F150, LOL It was far cheaper.

That has to be a loaded Sasquatch.  I think they start around 31 or 32 in States.  Pix of 150?..Power?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess you need two to get one good one. I like the early Bronco body style but if I had one I'd put Chevy running gear under it. Ford TUFF with CHEVY STUFF.

• Like 1

Mack 11E.jpg

11 hours ago, Red Horse said:

That has to be a loaded Sasquatch.  I think they start around 31 or 32 in States.  Pix of 150?..Power?

Ya, likely is for a loaded one. Here's the F150 I bought Red Horse. Plain jane but the price was right. Only 8 foot box I could find around here and got just over $13,000 off with all that employee pricing sale. Has the 5.0 V8 and 10 speed auto, locking rear diff and trailer package with brake controller.

Didn't have the nice goodies I wanted like heated seats but there is a guy in town that installs heat in your seats for $500. Not sure if I'll even bother.

And I wanted the LED spotlights in the mirrors and in the box but this truck doesn't have them, so I ordered a back rack and some LED light bars.

Sure is a lot less punishing on the highway than the F550.

20200828_182121.jpg

20200828_182109.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Ya, likely is for a loaded one. Here's the F150 I bought Red Horse. Plain jane but the price was right. Only 8 foot box I could find around here and got just over $13,000 off with all that employee pricing sale. Has the 5.0 V8 and 10 speed auto, locking rear diff and trailer package with brake controller.

Didn't have the nice goodies I wanted like heated seats but there is a guy in town that installs heat in your seats for $500. Not sure if I'll even bother.

And I wanted the LED spotlights in the mirrors and in the box but this truck doesn't have them, so I ordered a back rack and some LED light bars.

Sure is a lot less punishing on the highway than the F550.

20200828_182121.jpg

20200828_182109.jpg

Very nice.  I  was just on You Tube and some Ford salesman did  a survey of Ford service techs as to which engine they would  pick if they were buying a 150.  Hands down winner was the 5.0.  This  same guy did this same "survey" a year or two ago and that time 5.0 was also the winner. I  think safe  to  say consistent reason was the simplicity of the 5.0 (Not that it's a '68 390!) vs the Ecoboosts. And  none of them knocked Ecoboost-just that 5.0 got their vote on the fact no turbo in the picture.

• Like 1

Oh is that right Red Horse. I thought everyone was pro Eco-Boost now. They seem to be doing ok and they pull really good. I would have taken one too. But I would never buy a used Eco with all those people taking internet advice and drilling holes in the intercoolers, LOL.

But the 5.0 sure does sound nice! And I was shocked to see how much room to work under the hood. You can actually see the ground on both sides of the engine!! 

Ford Canada has the Bronco up on the web site now. The lowest priced base model starts at just over 40 grand. So still more than I paid for this. If I wasn't so scared about spending money on stuff that doesn't make me money I'd still love to have a Bronco, but I don't want to spend that.

I am on the second f 150 first was v-8 6 speed 3-73 rear my 2018 is a v-8 10 speed locking rear 3-73 heated seats and a lot of other stuff I don't use. The newer truck gets about 2-3 miles a gallon more than the older one. I wanted the extra cab so I ended up with short beds but if I have anything longer I use my trailer. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Very cool commercial!

It's scary when you give production crews your vehicle for their "use".   Bad things can happen.  Glad it worked out so well for you son's friend.

I remember a story from way back about Bob Chandler and Bigfoot when it was used in the movie "Take this job and shove it".  Seems the crew was just trashing it.  Bob stepped in and took over.  In the final scene, where the truck runs through the guard shack...it was Bob driving.  Seems he had to shave his beard off to fit the character.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

Very cool commercial!

It's scary when you give production crews your vehicle for their "use".   Bad things can happen.  Glad it worked out so well for you son's friend.

I remember a story from way back about Bob Chandler and Bigfoot when it was used in the movie "Take this job and shove it".  Seems the crew was just trashing it.  Bob stepped in and took over.  In the final scene, where the truck runs through the guard shack...it was Bob driving.  Seems he had to shave his beard off to fit the character.

Hah- he told me there was going to be a scene where  the Bronco gets rear ended.  I said .."that will be tricky without damaging your Bronco".  His comment.."don't worry".  And they did a nice job-you hear the crash, Bronco surges ahead, and "junk yard wreck" is against rear end!

• Haha 1