CH Hoods

Will a newer CH SFA hood like a chu or chn fit a 2000 ch sfa.? They sure look the same. I see aftermarket headlights and bezels that fit 2000 to 2017. Does anyone know the difference in the hoods. I want to stay away from aftermarket fiberglass and stay with SMC stock hood.  Thanks

On 8/17/2020 at 10:05 PM, alex g said:

I'd appreciate that # for LED lights. Thanks

Just got home from another boring building move and I will get the # for you when I get to office, I was so impressed with the lights I think the box is still on my desk, of course this summer has been out straight and I think everything is on my desk,  easy to install, there is a heat sink but they work great, I put new bezels in while I was at too.  

The CH hood is   1 1/2  to 1 3/4 inches longer than the CHN.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, 41chevy said:

The CH hood is   1 1/2  to 1 3/4 inches longer than the CHN.

Are you talking by the windshield.?  I cant see where that would hurt.   Thanks  I have seen some aftermarkets are 53 and some 52.

yes center-line, I really don't know if it is like the early and late R model with the length difference on the entire windshield end. Probably wouldn't make any difference other than appearance.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, 880joe said:

Inner fenders may also be different might be worth looking into if you're not getting a complete hood

Will do Thanks Joe, I might just go with a Jones, They said their bare hood is 200 lbs. A stock Mack cant be that much lighter, besides a Jones is 2K cheaper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/19/2020 at 10:40 PM, david wild said:

Just got home from another boring building move and I will get the # for you when I get to office, I was so impressed with the lights I think the box is still on my desk, of course this summer has been out straight and I think everything is on my desk,  easy to install, there is a heat sink but they work great, I put new bezels in while I was at too.  

Did you ever get the part info???