Need help 11.00 or 12.00 24s

My brother in law's business partner is thinking about selling the 85 rd that I've been working on because it needs exhaust and new tires. The truck has 11.00x24 tube tires on split rims. They bought 8 drive 12r24.5s on rims thinking it will work on this truck, but don't work. I'm crossing my fingers that if I can find someone who is willing to possibly trade 8 or 10 11.00x or 12.00x24 decent tires on rims that he might change his mind and keep it. I don't want him to get rid of this truck 

39 minutes ago, Eriksf250 said:

My brother in law's business partner is thinking about selling the 85 rd that I've been working on because it needs exhaust and new tires. The truck has 11.00x24 tube tires on split rims. They bought 8 drive 12r24.5s on rims thinking it will work on this truck, but don't work. I'm crossing my fingers that if I can find someone who is willing to possibly trade 8 or 10 11.00x or 12.00x24 decent tires on rims that he might change his mind and keep it. I don't want him to get rid of this truck 

Dayton hubs I assume?

Why not just buy some wheels to fit the tires you bought?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, j hancock said:

24.5" will not work on 24" tube type hubs and are not a direct replacement.

24.5" Daytons tubeless are a direct replacement for a 22" hub.

Check around with other commercial tire dealers.  They may have some better used rubber to keep you going.

1 hour ago, carlotpilot said:

24.5 Dayton rims are a replacement for 10.00x22 tube type NOT 24 inch Dayton hubs

I assumed he was on a 22" dayton hubs. 

6 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

someones not payin attention to their pencil if they think 24.5  will fit a 24 inch wheel and someones an idiot if they are willing to get rid of a truck because they bought the wrong size tires and rims and they are split safety ringa,not SPLIT RIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! split rims are on Dodges, Fords and Studebakers up unil the  mid to late 50's

We were misinformed about the split ring I'm sorry. Everyone around my area has always identified these styles as split rims. I'm on 24" dayton hubs. He was going to sell it because of how hard, expensive and trying to find those size tires and someone that would deal with those style wheels. I called one truck tire company in my area (southern Delaware) and for 11x24s with tube mounted its $575 each. I don't know if that price sounds about right or not. He wanted to get away from split rings and go to tubeless for safety reasons and cheaper and more common tire availability. I talked to him last night and I think I might have him convinced to keep the truck for now. I told him if I could find someone whose willing to possibly trade 8 good 12x24.5 wheels and tires for 8 good 11 or 12r24s then he would have the tires he needs plus 8 that are already on the truck he could use as spares.

9 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

someones not payin attention to their pencil if they think 24.5  will fit a 24 inch wheel and someones an idiot if they are willing to get rid of a truck because they bought the wrong size tires and rims and they are split safety ringa,not SPLIT RIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! split rims are on Dodges, Fords and Studebakers up unil the  mid to late 50's

I've heard a lot of people call them split rims, that may not be the correct term but it gets used for them quite a bit.