Jay Leno’s Garage - Rtech Retro Truck Restomods

kscarbel2

They do excellent work but I don’t see $200k of vehicle there.  There is a guy in Baker, MT who build vehicles like that and they are speedy but seem to be closer in price to what they should be. Last vehicle I saw he had listed was a 1971 Chevy pickup that he made a dually box for and set it on a duramax frame with a straight axle conversion. It was beautifully done and at the time was asking $75k.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

These guys basically strip all the truck down to the frame and do a ton of fabrication work. I’d say the price is fair for the work that goes in, it’s just certainly not for everyone. I’m sure many could do something similar for cheaper but it wouldn’t involve everything these guys do. Now that doesn’t mean I’m gonna spend that much on it but for someone who has the kind of money to have such a truck I’m sure it’d be more than worth it to them. Certainly more worth it than so many “supercars” that people aspire to have for some reason that cost many times what this does, especially when I recently saw a $50,000 car beat them in a race...

On the other side of the coin, it sounds like they tend to bandaid problems with their vehicles and charge extra, not to mention their projects run behind schedule, as well as the owner harassing anyone of his customers who dare say anything remotely negative about their work. To me sounds like they should stick to building one off, award winning show trucks like these instead of trying to reproduce them.

Still I’d love a classic crew cab diesel C10 in the far future, I just love the look of the thing, if just probably have it built by someone else...

Edited by CaptainCrutch
  • Like 1

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

I think all these new restoration and custom car shows on TV have screwed up any chance of us normal working people from ever affording another classic to build at home.

Everyone thinks the old junk sitting in their field is worth $100,000 now because of these shows.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 11:51 PM, mowerman said:

Oh my god what a beautiful truck I almost bought a 66 Chevy in 1975 The guy wanted $800 back in 75 was a lot of money back then while I was only making about 125 a week truck is gorgeous thanks for sharing...bob

My daddy had a 66 Chevy, 1/2 ton, long bed, 3 speed on the column. Had a 292 6 cyl. in it and it had the heavy coil springs in the rear instead of leaf springs. That's what I learned to drive on.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 3 months later...
On 12/26/2019 at 1:32 PM, Bullheaded said:

I think all these new restoration and custom car shows on TV have screwed up any chance of us normal working people from ever affording another classic to build at home.

Everyone thinks the old junk sitting in their field is worth $100,000 now because of these shows.

I think you're right, Richard Rawlings would roll up and pay somebody 50 hundred dollar bills for the old POS rustbucket that's been sitting in the woods for 25 years, so now every POS rust bucket that's been sitting in the woods for 25 years must be worth 50 hundred dollar bills🤣

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.