Mp8 egr, dpf delete

dgk1

The engine is designed to have exhaust gas in the cyl this cools the burn! You have now removed that and if the tune wasn't compensated for this it Is going to run hotter with clean air going into the cyl !

just sayin!

The max HP rating for a export MP8 with no EGR is 440. I’ve seen 3 major engine failures on low mileage deleted MP8s . One I know was a 505 , the other 2 I’m unsure on HP. I would feel better if the EGR was not deleted but the DPF/SCR was 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mackpro said:

The max HP rating for a export MP8 with no EGR is 440. I’ve seen 3 major engine failures on low mileage deleted MP8s . One I know was a 505 , the other 2 I’m unsure on HP. I would feel better if the EGR was not deleted but the DPF/SCR was 

Why would no egr affect the motor? Wouldn't it be better for the engine to be deleted?

10 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

Why would no egr affect the motor? Wouldn't it be better for the engine to be deleted?

Milkman!  If I under stand it correctly !  with no egr if the fuel/and timing are not dialed back properly the heat in the cyls exceeds what the engine can tolerate ! It can burn up pistons crack heads bla bla bla ! recently  I have seen  several ISX engines heads  cracked and ruined due to this delete  And no alteration of the ecu! One needs to research who you are dealing with when doing a delete! We have guys that have successfully deleted here but the tune was altered to suit!This is all well and good till big bro starts enforcing the emission laws then were going to have issues!  Also The down side is  you now have no dealer support when it come to repair! your on your own ! Just Sayin! However you have the advantage of less break down due to emission related issues!And that CAN be A big Bonus if you don't get thrown under the the bus wheels!😉 

• 4 weeks later...

When doing the tune sometimes the type of fan gets changed in the programming.  There are 3 types.  Viscous, air, and electro- viscous.  What type do you have?  If the computer is programmed wrong it will not turn the fan on.  Does your fan work?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

i did warn people that not every delete is the same, and there are a lot of bad deletes.
the egr must be blocked off with 2 steel plates, if you don't do that you will still get exhaust into your intake, and soot will build up, vgt will get sticky and fail a lot sooner.
bad delete companies usually say that you dont have to block the egr off, some even say you can leave filters on - that's crazy.

stick with a good supplier of delete program! as i said for million times here on the forum, i personally use and i forwarded at least a half a dozen of forum members to https://truckecmtunes.com
everyone is very happy, and i run my first delete 5-6 years already with no issues.

So you claim two plates are needed ???  do you put one plate under the EGR valve ? And so where do you put the second plate?? once you cap the exhaust under the egr valve there should be no flow to the intake manifold! no flow thru the egr cooler or venturie tube back or forth!

just asking curious!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi. new to the form. 2015 CXU 613 MP8 505 automatic. 507000 miles. EGR cooler and elbow has lots of soot. Two weeks ago had the DEF system cleaned and all filters replaced. Canister was sent out to be cleaned. When they ( dealer ) put it back together they said it was like new. $4004.00. Now I have to replace the EGR cooler. $5700.00. How do I avoid this from recurring?

On 11/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, fjh said:

So you claim two plates are needed ???  do you put one plate under the EGR valve ? And so where do you put the second plate?? once you cap the exhaust under the egr valve there should be no flow to the intake manifold! no flow thru the egr cooler or venturie tube back or forth!

just asking curious!

I was thinking about this, and the only thing that I could come up with is the amount of time that the turbocharger would need to pressurize the intake. If the egr cross over tubes is not blocked off (blocking it off at the mixing chamber) then more time would be required to pressurize the intake. But that would be it.

V

I hate these new emission motors too. So much so they caused me to retire from trucking. But I gotta say, there are a lot of deleted ISX Cummins and MP10 Mack's around here, deleted by one of the biggest know delete companies that advertises in all the truck books and papers.......and just about every one of them has blown up.

Same with one of the big mines up north. Have a fleet of Star 6900XD's with DD16 600's. They deleted them after all the down time in the severe cold and winter storms they operate in. Then every single one of them blew up. They spent over $300,000 putting SCR and DPF's back on.

Edited by Bullheaded
Spelling

I have a 14 Mack MP8 and have been looking at the MP8 square obd diag plug and been told by numerous companies not to delete egr due to failures. I don't know which avenue to travel on though, an online version or emulator for def dpf since egr must stay on. Anyone have experience with the emulator.