New Autocar DC-64 Conventional Truck

autocardc

3 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

That, and like my old Star, a chrome steering wheel looks good but the damn thing blinds you every time the sun gets on it, LOL.

I would have the steering wheel "spokes" painted a flat matte black with a bit of texture.

Ya, I'm not into this new fad of replacing gauges with electronic display screens.

They don't want distracted driving but they now make you toggle through multiple screens to find info.

But the sad part is, most of the new generation that designs and drives trucks wouldn't understand what the info on a gauge is telling them, LOL.

29 minutes ago, Maxidyne said:

Agreed on the instruments- One of the things I liked about driving trucks vs. cars was most of the trucks had a decent instrument panel with lotsa useful gauges and switches.

And they appear to be semi analog not full digital. Rather replace a gauge driver than the entire panel.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just looked at some bids from our MN State buying pool and the Autocar ACX and MR with similar specs look pretty close. No bids from the Paccar dealers on their tandem cabover, but the KW dealer bid on the heavier conventionals was high.

• Thanks 1

Autocar Trucks Press Release  /  April 25, 2019

This Autocar truck was THE garbage-collecting machine in the 1980s. You could see it for years, roaming the streets of Manhattan, packing and hauling that big city trash.

There’s nothing out there today as good as this brute. Yet. Time to get back to work.

Photo 7.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Autocar Trucks Press Release  /  April 25, 2019

This Autocar truck was THE garbage-collecting machine in the 1980s. You could see it for years, roaming the streets of Manhattan, packing and hauling that big city trash.

There’s nothing out there today as good as this brute. Yet. Time to get back to work.

Photo 7.jpg

BEAUTY-JUST NEEDS SPOKES ON THAT FRONT AXLE!

• Like 2

I noticed very clearly that the key players in American truck industry journalism did NOT cover the launch of the Autocar DC-64R until days later.

FYI, the big truckmakers, shall we say accommodate........journalists who write about (promote) their products. It's a dirty business.

You got that right. I notice that all the time  with Today's trucking and their Jim Park test drive articles and videos.

For a while the new Mack's were all the rage. They were praised in those, they were sponsoring the Ice Road Seatcovers and now Highway Through Hell.

Autocar Trucks Press Release  /  May 21, 2019

As a member of the Conventional Cab Autocar Steering Committee, a plaque was awarded to Houston, Texas-based WCA Waste Corporation* Vice President of Fleet & Procurement Jason Saunders in grateful recognition for his individual contribution to the design and development of the new Autocar DC-64R.

WCA will be receiving the very first commercially produced unit in October 2019!

* https://wcawaste.com/

61088585_2328423420551317_107700359396327424_n.jpg

• Like 1