A mans apron

Quickfarms

10 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

Those fancy white chefs shirts are not flame retardant, at least not the ones at my daughters high school, she lit her sleeve on fire at a parents night

It’s not so bad if it’s 100% cotton. Cotton smolders, but polyester ignites, melts onto you like a self-dealing laminating sheet and then peels your skin off when doc gives it a tug. 

It’s not so bad if it’s 100% cotton. Cotton smolders, but polyester ignites, melts onto you like a self-dealing laminating sheet and then peels your skin off when doc gives it a tug. 

It was the bottom of the sleeve. It caught fire when she reached for something on the back burner. Looked much worse than it really was.

I use old FR welding shirts when working on vehicles
  • Like 1

So do I, I’m wearing my FR2 right now replacing a fuel pump on my F150. Why take chances and work pays for them. 

My brother in law lit up while torching on a vehicle. Was wearing a polyester sweater with layers underneath. He didn’t realize he was lit at first, when he did he couldn’t get it off over his head properly cause it was on fire and he didn’t want it on his face. Guy got burned down one whole side. His arm pit skin grew closed like a ducks web toe and they had to recut it open cause he couldn’t lift his arm properly. What a mess.

Me at normal b.b.q. too much lighter fluid?

incred_2419_06-1.jpg.c9831173055a4962ea1632a6e3524d57.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

So do I, I’m wearing my FR2 right now replacing a fuel pump on my F150. Why take chances and work pays for them. 

If there’s a fuel source fr doesn’t do anything more than regular cotton. My fr says right on the tag that it is NOT fireproof but will quit burning once the flame is removed. Never saw where they would do you much good other than it wouldn’t catch fire grinding. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

3 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

Now if my wife would just wear the ribbon in the kitchen I would help her all the time

Maybe if you wear  just the Ribbon in the Kitchen, She might take the hint...:wub:

• Haha 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

47 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

If there’s a fuel source fr doesn’t do anything more than regular cotton. My fr says right on the tag that it is NOT fireproof but will quit burning once the flame is removed. Never saw where they would do you much good other than it wouldn’t catch fire grinding. 

Uniforms are built for momentary fire burst. They gave us some demo tapes at OSHA training. Basically they have a hot air balloon rosebud and nail the clothes for 3-5 seconds with no ignition, minimal damage. That is usually how it shakes down in a split second high voltage arc blast or as we had.... a boiler fire blow back that bout killed one of our guys. Two different guys that parished inhaled fire and steam and destroyed their lungs so FR meant nothing, they were expose for 10-15 seconds. But, yeah, if you let yourself get soaked in gasoline and lit, wearing anything, your going to look like Freddy Krueger. 

Edited by Mack Technician