Jump to content

The Powerball


1958 F.W.D.
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 10/24/2018 at 9:11 AM, Red Horse said:

Jim- FWD was in So Carolina a few days ago-or so I hear👍

Ahh!  Very interesting information!

Maybe with his new found wealth that high rise beach house from his summer vacation could become one of several vacation houses!  He probably will make a play on the "Breakers" in Newport so that he can have fresh lobsta everyday!  Plus, Jay Leno has his place just down the street.

 

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, j hancock said:

Ahh!  Very interesting information!

Maybe with his new found wealth that high rise beach house from his summer vacation could become one of several vacation houses!  He probably will make a play on the "Breakers" in Newport so that he can have fresh lobsta everyday!  Plus, Jay Leno has his place just down the street.

Funny I  If he won, I saw him collecting all the Detroit Diesels in the U.S.

 

 

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

 “Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would build a ton more of houses to give to brother vets and their families in need, other than my wife passing,  I'm pretty happy with most of what life has dealt me.

  • Thanks 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

 “Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ezrider said:

if i won i would have kept quiet about it, probably pick out a few charity's to give a nice sum of money to and quietly retire make a few investments. build a massive shop and do whatever i wanted...lol

Maybe that's what fwd did.    He seams to be missing.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

Maybe that's what fwd did.    He seams to be missing.  

In all seriousness, if I did win:

1. Go dark. Turn off all cell phones, emails etc. 
2. Lawyer
3. Claim cash option
4. Pay off all current debts
5. Establish portfolios and accounts for the four kids (with stipulations, they ain't just "gonna get it when they turn 18.)
6. Pay off all my close friend's mortgages. But thats all, I am not gonna "enable" everyone. 
7. Charitable Contributions: The Mack Museum, the Brockway Museum, ATCA (ATHS Can go scratch) and some animal-related charities. 
8. Establish and build my antique truck and firetruck restoration business
9. Buy my dream cars: 1969 429 Boss Mustang, 1968 Charger, 1970 Hemi-Cuda, 1960 Buick Invicta Convertible, and a few others. 

  • Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ATCA: Antique Truck Club of America 

ATHS: Antique Truck Historical Society. 

DISCLAIMER: Understand that this is completely my opinion, but I am sure there are others who may feel the same way. You have to know both groups for some time to understand that ATHS seems to be administrated by a bunch of stubborn old men, set in their ways and are completely incapable of flexibility or compromise. They do not care in any way to cater to the younger crowds who will someday be running their organization and in fact (again my opinion) do what they can to run off younger members. 

ATCA: The "Blue Collar" truck club
ATHS: The "White Collar" truck club. 

  • Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 10/25/2018 at 1:04 PM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

ATCA: Antique Truck Club of America 

ATHS: Antique Truck Historical Society. 

DISCLAIMER: Understand that this is completely my opinion, but I am sure there are others who may feel the same way. You have to know both groups for some time to understand that ATHS seems to be administrated by a bunch of stubborn old men, set in their ways and are completely incapable of flexibility or compromise. They do not care in any way to cater to the younger crowds who will someday be running their organization and in fact (again my opinion) do what they can to run off younger members. 

ATCA: The "Blue Collar" truck club
ATHS: The "White Collar" truck club. 

I agree. The ATCA people are just as nice as they can be. The ATHS people on the other hand- remember the pictures that I took at the Winchester show, in 2006 I believe, that Old Bill put on his website, with a link to the ATHS website? The guy that did their website I believe, can't remember his name, or I would damn sure say it, contacted me and said they wanted me AND Old Bill to come to Winchester the following year, they would pay for everything, and they wanted me to take the pictures for them again. I said "great", but I never heard another word about it. I e-mailed what's-his-name back later to ask about it, and he said something like "and who the hell are you?'' and pretty much suggested that I go have sex with myself.

And when I sent truck show pictures to them for their website they would post them on the truck show page, but under that other guy's name, that I also can't remember, never giving the photographer credit. No big thing, but still, I took the pictures and took the time to send them, it just looked like they would mention that they were my pictures.

I'm still a member because I do like the magazine, but as a group the ATHS can pound sand...or go have sex with themselves.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...