1963 B61 Update

I would leave like it is. You can always repaint it but never get it back to original. There are a number of ways to save the original patina . Eastwood sells a patina preserver some use the thick Thompson water sealer . 

3 hours ago, eddeere said:

I would leave like it is. You can always repaint it but never get it back to original. There are a number of ways to save the original patina . Eastwood sells a patina preserver some use the thick Thompson water sealer . 

Only issue with any water sealer is they contain poly carbonate and silicone based additives, once it's on you will have an extremely bad time ever getting past future paint issues even blasting to bare metal..

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

You are correct the silicone would be a problem showing up as fish eyes on a repaint. I have never used the water sealer but have known some that have used it but have not repainted . A good wax and grease remover may help if done correctly .

4 hours ago, eddeere said:

You are correct the silicone would be a problem showing up as fish eyes on a repaint. I have never used the water sealer but have known some that have used it but have not repainted . A good wax and grease remover may help if done correctly .ol'd

Any place where there is rust or bare metal it actually gets into the "pores" of the metal, I had a 37 Ford body someone put Thompson's Water Seal on It was Prep Sol'd ,sanded,  Metal Prepped ,sealed , primed and painted and had major issues. Had the body media blasted and prepped it and had less issues but still issues. Ended up taking in to Redi Strip and had it tanked and the paint issues were gone.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

13 hours ago, Brocky said:

Eddy Lucast over on Just Old Trucks has a KBS clear coat which will protect the present patina.

Yes. it's part of the K2 system ,even comes as semi gloss and dead flat. Nice thing is it is paint.

P.T.CHESHIRE