1971 Brockway N457

B42

Found this truck online, a friend arguably says only around 20 left in existence... I think otherwise from all the pictures I've seen online.

what's still available for this truck, I think it's a small cam Cummins 250 or a 290 Ran when parked it shows... clear title, Ohio

There is visible Some rust and holes nothing new to me... looks like low miles Not sure if it runs now or not... been looking for a single axle sleeper cabover for 2-3 years now in Michigan. 

Say's in the Ad. "I have been told is essentially a Mack with a Brockway body. It is a complete truck as far as I can tell" 

Just seeing if it's worth Buying and Restoring to Running/Driving Condition. He was asking $1400 

00j0j_fVTWN1Zrg4S_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_31v9SGulxqL_600x450.jpg

interesting     a pressure washer would sure help. looks like a lot of metal work needed.  if it will run might be worth a shot  but if i were you i`d take a real hard look under the cab   .the old diamond t in the back ground is that up for grabs to?

30 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

interesting     a pressure washer would sure help. looks like a lot of metal work needed.  if it will run might be worth a shot  but if i were you i`d take a real hard look under the cab   .the old diamond t in the back ground is that up for grabs to?

i thought it was an diamond-t lol I can ask for you... But yeah Not horrible on metal work. I looked up online it said this model came with a Cummins 230

That truck has some very serious rust issues. If you're good at cutting out and welding in new metal, you could handle the job. It's been sitting for many years so it's going to need a lot of mechanical work also.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully the roof doesn't blow off on the way home!  Definitely quite an undertaking to bring that back.

I haven't seen much updates on the fellow that did that F model.  Turned out very nice.

• Haha 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

11 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Hopefully the roof doesn't blow off on the way home!  Definitely quite an undertaking to bring that back.

I haven't seen much updates on the fellow that did that F model.  Turned out very nice.

ah ok. I'm not on very much only when I need info or help hope it isn't totally rusted out. Either way if it is I'd make some good cash parting it out! lol. 

A few people I talked to on facebook said, These used Wedge brakes which are readily available but very hard to find Parts for plus someone to repair them Most shops now days won't touch them Their mechanics don't know anything about them... Resale is good and they are exceptionally hard to find parts for Just don't find them sitting around for parts, even as much as old GMCs.  An aluminum cab in an older truck is preferable over steel because of the rust. 

A friend said Cabs lose on chassis was a problem, So bad it would move when driving enough to cause the accelerator to stick. (<-- WOW) The cab is made by Sheller globe for Brockway and Mack... 

So with that little bit Not sure how this will go If Not hell I'll buy that Dodge next to it!!! LOL, I know Old Tony Youngblood will wanna buy it from me for Parts! hahaha.

The only guy who owns more than 3 Dodge Big Horns!!  

Edited by B42

Those F model roofs, kinda like the R models got rusty in the drip rails.  If bad enough I could see it coming loose once it gets up to highway speed(even on the trailer)!

All the new S cam stuff is easily identifiable.

If the chambers are perpendicular to the backing plate, then it is wedge brakes.

Image result for wedge brakes

Wedge brakes were just notorious for getting stuck since all the parts are internal(inside the brake drum).   The later S cam stuff being external, you can grease/adjust them easily.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

All of the CF stuff that Rick shows has the wedge brakes. Parts are available but get them as you can. When we went to the show in Lexington KY he brought the info on how to adjust them. Just encase the DOT didn't know how too! ha   .....Hippy  

gotta be careful with the explanation Larry a lot of the new Werner , Jbhunt and Walmart and UPS express trucks are comin thru with junk disk brakes and the cans are perpendicular to the backin plated to. they are nice for stopping power but about useless in a rusty climate and dirty back road climate. 

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I decided not to get this, I always had bad luck when Anything "More than Rare" as I've been on hold for 6 Years looking for parts for my 75 Pontiac Grand LeMans (1 of 6000)

Instead might get a 77 IH 4070B Sleeper Single axle, Running & Driving Low miles.  

Here's the add if anyone wants to try to get it. https://zanesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1971-brockway-n4571-coe-mack/6650058080.html 

• 1 year later...

Looking for the address for the location of this Brockway Cabover. I am not interested in the Brockway, but another truck shown in the picture. Any Help would be appreciated. Please respond to the email posted.

Thanks,

MAB00x0x_31v9SGulxqL_600x450.jpg.1345276820196233eef1ef1ce0e1df3c.jpg