Pictures of the Week

other dog

A meatloaf I made, long, long ago-

DSCN0001.jpg.3ecbdbefa233bb5066a88f270167ab75.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg.5f717bf59ee46f9a8db555922786b1a7.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg.ab4e7da474778fa995c0903f1aba6921.jpg

I got to Pittsburgh Sunday night and the gate was closed where I was delivering, so I had to park on the street. I wanted to get over off the street just a little bit more, and I did not see this cut off sign pole and ran over it.

20180422_201041.jpg.a3c95611dc76e81a63ce493e66020b98.jpg

It did not turn out well.

20180422_201008.jpg.f4c11e74c5ddb45dc677454beaa3a585.jpg

How to not chain down a load of coils-

DSCN4311.thumb.JPG.dc4c516d6b3a5a158d856e7e2411611f.JPG

How to chain down a load of coils-

DSCN4316.thumb.JPG.f62aaa737e690757c4086e20d8684d60.JPG

I saw some barges in the river-

DSCN4307.thumb.JPG.768aa68163d17470c59c1185d86c538c.JPG

I could even see the barge driver-

hot43_InPixio.thumb.jpg.ebdd62910ae8662db56d948c781a9951.jpg

Couple of drivers going to their trucks in Wisconsin.

HOT31_InPixio3.thumb.jpg.53f4c154616dd7eb58d71418744a9b2e.jpg

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

1 hour ago, Brocky said:

Your bacon looks a lot crispier cooked in that cooker than mine came out baking it in the oven..Is it one of your super secrets???

No, no secrets. It just turned out that way. It was so good I was grabbing it and stuffing it in by the hand-full, couldn't wait to slice it!

1 hour ago, Mack Technician said:

Those girls look a little thin-in-the-thigh for Wisconsin. Of course it’s been a hard winter and deer are looking skinny too. Might be circling your Pete to graze-up on some of that meatloaf?

Must be a midwest thing cause we got plenty of "grain fed heifers" around here too.

• Haha 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

6 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

I generally go back and remove my mean comments, but once you get quoted your fully committed. 

That being said...... I lassoed me a South Dakota girl off the grain pile and been pretty happy bout it. I can still pick her up and carry her over my shoulder. Maybe she was finished on grass instead of corn?

I didn't see nuthin mean in any comments.

Grass fed is typically "leaner" meat so you done well my friend. I could throw "Momma" up onto my shoulder too; but I know my feet would catch fire as I busted through the gates of hell.

Edited by Rob
  • Haha 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

6 hours ago, NJ TRUCK said:

Dam, 

Cut a tire, repaired or had to replace it?

No straps on the coils? Should be chains? Just asking?

Nice looking pilot in the wheel house!

No, that tire was ruined. It was flat by the time I got out to see what I had run over, had to put a new one on it.

7 minutes ago, Brocky said:

I'll bet that made the Boss Man real happy!!!

I'm sure, but he understands. I thought about suing the city for cutting the post off like that, but they would probably argue that I shouldn't have been driving all up in the grass to start with.

When I got back Jeff told me that when I sued them to get him enough for a new tire. Then he said I should have tripped over it and sued, so I asked him why he didn't think of that plan Sunday night, or I would have.

That post will tear a mower all to pieces too.

1 hour ago, other dog said:

I'm sure, but he understands. I thought about suing the city for cutting the post off like that, but they would probably argue that I shouldn't have been driving all up in the grass to start with.

When I got back Jeff told me that when I sued them to get him enough for a new tire. Then he said I should have tripped over it and sued, so I asked him why he didn't think of that plan Sunday night, or I would have.

That post will tear a mower all to pieces too.

Yeah, and when the mower hits it the pieces could come out and hurt someone. Anybody who would leave a post like that should be smacked.

Twice, both sides of face. 

Had a logger haul in trailer load of firewood last year. He cut a corner tight in my yard and ran up on my hill edge. I trimmed the brush with the mower in the fall. Under snow bank was a little 3/8” thick stick coming out of sawed off bush.....right clean through the sidewalk of his rear dual. Doesn’t take much, surprised him and me. 

Had a logger haul in trailer load of firewood last year. He cut a corner tight in my yard and ran up on my hill edge. I trimmed the brush with the mower in the fall. Under snow bank was a little 3/8” thick stick coming out of sawed off bush.....right clean through the sidewalk of his rear dual. Doesn’t take much, surprised him and me. 

We have corn stalks go through tires a lot. With "no till" farming those things remain pointing up and as they dry over the winter months, become quite stiff.

22 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

What did the local tire guy say the first time you asked if he repairs corn holes?

Nothing except he was an "extra" in the movie "Deliverance" with Burt Reynolds.

• Haha 1