Finally brought the new addition home

Very nice early R model. What series is that one?

I usually tried to trailer my treasures home as long tired of changing tires on the side of the road, replacing busted fuel lines, (same place) etc.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

4 hours ago, Rob said:

I usually tried to trailer my treasures home as long tired of changing tires on the side of the road, replacing busted fuel lines, (same place) etc.

I usually like getting things trailered too but this went 250 miles trouble free then I get in for an 18 mile run to my house and don't make a mile with it.

:wacko:

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

I put a flip valve on the dash and a ball valve back at the tank for my air assist steering.  I got all the bases covered.

Good looking R model.  

Thanks Larry This one's getting one there and in the cab when I run the new line, couldn't believe it was rubber air hose that you would use in the garage for air tools.

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

Adorable child...that late model steering wheel doesn’t even look bad in it...seems to fit the rest of it...bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bob I was going to look for and old style wheel, but I'm just getting fatter anyhow so I might as well keep it.

4 hours ago, Rob said:

1967 R611  250 horse with a duplex, it was Tom Amaducci's

Thanks Bob I was going to look for and old style wheel, but I'm just getting fatter anyhow so I might as well keep it.

I’ve got a immaculate brown one I’m thinking of just changing the interior color it’s all got to be repainted anyway.I had a black one out of a rolled over mixer few years but I put it in and didn’t like the way it looked with the green so I traded it to a buddy of mine for something else ...bob

1 minute ago, mowerman said:

I’ve got a immaculate brown one I’m thinking of just changing the interior color it’s all got to be repainted anyway.I had a black one out of a rolled over mixer few years but I put it in and didn’t like the way it looked with the green so I traded it to a buddy of mine for something else ...bob

When you lived here did you ever go to The Foot in Foxboro?, There is a real nice steel dash wheel on a truck there that is that is in a cab that is beyond swiss cheese not to mention the 6 inch rot hole in the side of the frame rail over the rear axle. He won't sell the wheel he says he's going to sell the whole truck. I don't know.

31 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

1967 R611  250 horse with a duplex, it was Tom Amaducci's

I knew it was either a 609, or 611 and early production by the look of the truck. I'd through it was one of Amaducci's by the door lettering but wasn't certain.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

When you lived here did you ever go to The Foot in Foxboro?, There is a real nice steel dash wheel on a truck there that is that is in a cab that is beyond swiss cheese not to mention the 6 inch rot hole in the side of the frame rail over the rear axle. He won't sell the wheel he says he's going to sell the whole truck. I don't know.

No I have never even heard of the place but are around 20 years ago are used to run with the UPS driver over Donner Pass and he told me he could get me a brand new green one and the box at their shop he was going to give it to me for free and I lost track of him started running a different route I don’t know how to get a hold of him now but I’m sure they probably threw it out by now...bob

3 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

The Foot 

Gawd!  Is he still around?

It seemed like he had three or four yards and was constantly advertising.  Tried talking to him one time about a rig and apparently there was gold under the paint.  Haven't seen an ad of his for a long time.  Always wondered about some of his deals and how he stayed in business with his wacked out pricing.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

48 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Gawd!  Is he still around?

It seemed like he had three or four yards and was constantly advertising.  Tried talking to him one time about a rig and apparently there was gold under the paint.  Haven't seen an ad of his for a long time.  Always wondered about some of his deals and how he stayed in business with his wacked out pricing.

Yup not worth nuthin when he's buying but it's the hope diamond when selling. 

Paul's actually a nice guy to talk to but tough to buy from

I got the oven cleaner and scotchbrite pads out and stripped the lettering off the R a couple of nights ago and was able to buff 1 door. Looks ok straight on but not so great at an angle so I'll have to get some heavier cut compound and hit it again, only problem, is now I'll have to do the whole truck to match

2018-04-24 18.09.30.jpg

2018-04-24 18.09.45.jpg

• Like 2

The old "Easy-Off" trick isn't always so easy is it? Used to do that a lot in the 70's when rotating trucks through the shop. Everything was hand lettered in those days and if the truck paint was cured it worked well. Painted a lot of doors and such finding out the paint wasn't quite cured yet too.....

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

The old "Easy-Off" trick isn't always so easy is it? Used to do that a lot in the 70's when rotating trucks through the shop. Everything was hand lettered in those days and if the truck paint was cured it worked well. Painted a lot of doors and such finding out the paint wasn't quite cured yet too.....

Could have used a gentler scrub pad but need patience for that. It'll buff out fine and I'll cut some vinyl and get my name on it next week. 32 years in the sign business and still haven't learned to hand letter yet.

• Haha 1