truck accident caused by elogs

Ezrider

Oops. Driver should've used better judgement and either pulled over or waited until his next stop to mess with it. Lucky it didn't kill him. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:04 PM, Maxidyne said:

This one of the trucks hauling contaminated dirt from the pipeline spill?

i do not plan to publicly disclose what the truck was hauling or where it happened.

Edited by Ezrider

9 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I Can't comprehend how Much Flex  the Chassis has.. Either that or something's let go/Broken..

That truck is done for some cross members tweaked 5th wheel partially broke suspension broke but the frames are spring steel if seen them twisted near that much and be fine

Hayseed,Ez Rider, my cousin used to pull a dump trailer maybe 38 ft, he was dumping coal and there was an air pocket under one one of his trailer tandem! About halfway up, the tandem went down in the air pocket and the trailer twisted sideways and laid flat on the ground!, probably resembled the pictured wreck! As he wasn't at highway speed the Astro tractor sat flat and sustained no damage! It remained hooked up ! We all know the fifth wheel is an "overbuilt component,"but this proves it! The Astro was a single frame road tractor! Perhaps the fact that he and his driver never pulled out grossing less than 96000 (in the 73280 days had something to do with it!Lol the trailer had to go back to Fruehof and be straightened,sure wouldn't have wanted to see that bill!

!,Hancock,ya' gotta' wonder about his employment status! When the Qualcomm truck computer came out there Must have been some accidents when drivers tried to read and send messages while driving, so some companies installed a device that prevented it from being used when the truck was moving! They should do that to a cell phone to prevent texting or even driving while talking! However you're dealing with private individuals not employees! I'm anti "big brother" as much as the next guy but you can't assume common sense will prevail!...ever? I consider  drls (daytime running lights) a good safety measure,  but I had a tractor where they wouldn't shut off when stopped! So I back into a spot at a t.s. and they are shining into a sleeping drivers window! It was 15 degrees so I didn't shut the truck off, I taped some cardboard over them!

7 hours ago, Ezrider said:

That truck is done for some cross members tweaked 5th wheel partially broke suspension broke but the frames are spring steel if seen them twisted near that much and be fine

I would've thought It'd pull the Truck over before twisting that Much...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

6 hours ago, BillyT said:

Hayseed,Ez Rider, my cousin used to pull a dump trailer maybe 38 ft, he was dumping coal and there was an air pocket under one one of his trailer tandem! About halfway up, the tandem went down in the air pocket and the trailer twisted sideways and laid flat on the ground!, probably resembled the pictured wreck! As he wasn't at highway speed the Astro tractor sat flat and sustained no damage! It remained hooked up ! We all know the fifth wheel is an "overbuilt component,"but this proves it! The Astro was a single frame road tractor! Perhaps the fact that he and his driver never pulled out grossing less than 96000 (in the 73280 days had something to do with it!Lol the trailer had to go back to Fruehof and be straightened,sure wouldn't have wanted to see that bill!

Billy, I've seen that exact same thing a few Times,Even had it happen to one of My Trucks...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Frame style dump trailers are not to difficult to repair if they have gone over gently. A twisted frame can be saved with two large front end loaders. Raise the tub and block it up at a 45' angle, remove the piston, 1st loader puts down pressure on the tub over the tailgate to hold the trailer in place. 2nd loader comes in from the side over the 5th wheel plate on the high side of the twist. Chain from the 5th wheel pin to the bucket, roll the bucket back beyond what looks as if the frame is straight. Release the tension and check the frame, you may have to shorten the chain and twist it again. lf it looks correct put the piston back in and run the tub up and down a few times to see how it dumps. We did this several times back in the early 70's when l worked at a trailer shop.  ............Hippy  

ill have to try to do some digging and find some pictures i have of some that were twisted up almost as bad set down and they drove away under there own power. 

the frames are spring steel so they can twist a long ways and still come back on there own. 

this particular truck buckled a few cross members and broke one of the spring mounts and broke the shock off on the front. broke some parts in the rear suspension broke the intermediate drive shaft. and who knows what else. it was also doing probably 35-40mph when it wen't over the ones that drove away were all stationary or very slow speeds like under 5mph when they tipped. 

i would say that pete could probably be put back together but im guessing the insurance will call it a total loss. 

there was one that went all the way on its side an it was back to work in a few hours. it tipped while it was dumping they put it back on its wheels with a front end loader and a grader with a chain started it up and drove away. it was back hauling dirt later that day after they put a new mirror and air cleaner on it. 

as far as weather or not that driver still has a job or not. i don't know, if it was my truck the answer would be no. im thinking that particular job won't allow that driver to come back to that job. they were not very happy they gave everyone a lecture today when they got loaded. and basically said anyone caught doing anything other than driving while driving would be removed from the job and not allowed back. 

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I would've thought It'd pull the Truck over before twisting that Much...

i would have thought so to. the trailer was tipped more than 90* the passenger side front tire was a good 2 feet off the ground. frame was twisted a good 90* i think the only thing that kept it up right is the trailer slid down the ditch so it was at a angle to the truck. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I Can't comprehend how Much Flex  the Chassis has.. Either that or something's let go/Broken..

In the early 70's my dad was hauling paper rolls in 40' containers out of the St. Regis paper mill in Jacksonville FL with a '69 F model (day cab tandem, 237 and maxitorque). He took a curve too fast and the trailer went over; the container came loose on the front and twisted the container chassis almost 90 degrees. The 5th wheel stayed latched and the tractor didn't have a scratch on it. That chassis sure looked funny after they towed it back to the yard, the tandems were sitting flat on the ground and the landing gear was almost sideways.

Edited by h67st
Left out details

it was a north dakota based trucking company that was involved just a out of state driver working for that company. the majority of trucking company's including myself working on hauling that material are north dakota based and the rest are south dakota based 

i took the video down for the moment. it had a huge spike in traffic today and the source data is not available to me yet. being that i only want this particular video used in its orrigonal contentext and not as media for seperate things. and the spike in views was so large i decided to temporarly take the video down untill i can determine the source of spike in traffic.