What MACK cabover model and year

Just now, JeffL said:

Think it say R.B. DAMEO Builder?

A45DED91-0255-45CE-99CB-67C861673586.png

That would be the name of the company  Mack made the truck for. My R models Horn Button says Stazwseky Farms , my grand father.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

A scrapper yes because nothing from it would benefit a restorer, for a few dollars in his pocket any thing that is useful is gone forever. An exporter would be acceptable because the unit would get a second life.

I have restored several cars and had over 50.  I can’t imagine the cost to restore this and my last car a Fiberglass from the 50s cost me over 40K and i did the work.  I was hoping to salvage a little history before it rusts Into the earth.  My 58 Alken restoration so I get into the weeds .......

88C7239C-5D57-4FC3-BCD0-6EA86932427A.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

A scrapper yes because nothing from it would benefit a restorer, for a few dollars in his pocket any thing that is useful is gone forever. An exporter would be acceptable because the unit would get a second life.

I have restored several cars and had over 50.  I can’t imagine the cost to restore this and my last car a Fiberglass from the 50s cost me over 40K and i did the work.  I was hoping to salvage a little history before it rusts Into the earth.  My 58 Alken restoration so I get into the weeds .......

2 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Beautiful, what the power plant?

I've been doing my Valkryie now on and off since 1986

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 minute ago, Hobert62 said:

Awesome picture with the steamer.   I would love to get a pic like that with my B model.  

This was in Strasburg PA and the let me do several photos at the end of the day.  They have daily steam service. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, macks in nigeria said:

That unit is so rare that a lot of people here don't even know about the model,those are the ones that all efforts should be made to save regardless of their condition.Just my opinion.

JeffL's truck has a lot of rust, and the MB's are not popular restoration candidates anyway. Obviously if noone's bought carlot's truck then there's no point in trying to find a buyer for JeffL's.

If your hot to do an MB find something unique like the rigs the NY Port Authority used to keep the tunnels cleared. Just my $.02, but most MB's are so ugly they deserve to die a quiet death. They made hundreds of MB fire trucks and even those are not widely collected.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

those port authority MB wreckers were good for the bridges and tunnels, but when sold they removed the counter weights off the front bumpers. which then made they way too nose light, and if you hooked to anything with weight you lost steering. i found that out the hard way. and with the super short wheelbase, they rode like crap. 

i remember when the USPS used to run MB tandem tractors to move mail between sorting facilities. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

18 hours ago, tjc transport said:

those port authority MB wreckers were good for the bridges and tunnels, but when sold they removed the counter weights off the front bumpers. which then made they way too nose light, and if you hooked to anything with weight you lost steering. i found that out the hard way. and with the super short wheelbase, they rode like crap. 

i remember when the USPS used to run MB tandem tractors to move mail between sorting facilities. 

I never said they were practical, just unique. My thought is if you are going to the time and expense of doing something like an MB than you ought to at least do something unique.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

4 hours ago, JeffL said:

Went to a salvage yard but they didn’t have any small cab overs and the Mack was certainly larger and not as attractive

448D1773-5EF2-4DF9-BE37-29C967415A6F.jpeg

Badge engineered Renault. Means you gotta drink your beer with your pinkie sticking out.... ::)

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 12/5/2017 at 8:26 AM, h67st said:

JeffL's truck has a lot of rust, and the MB's are not popular restoration candidates anyway. Obviously if noone's bought carlot's truck then there's no point in trying to find a buyer for JeffL's.

i should point out that we have not been actively trying to sell this one    but it is for sale

On 12/4/2017 at 9:09 PM, JeffL said:

can  you imagine doing a restoration on that beast in the background

13 hours ago, JeffL said:

The shop in Strasburg where the photo restores engines too.  I work just down the road from Steamtown and use to live close to Strasburg so I do love trains.  The Strasburg Railroad is just acrosss from the PA Railroad Museum. 

FDB8F254-32E0-4D31-9115-AFA7F71FD949.jpeg

Strasburg is kinda south of Gap right?    Maps quit showing up on my phone for some reason and atlas is in truck.