1939 Mack FKSW

On 15.03.2018 at 2:29 AM, sodly said:

Does anyone have a photo of the shaft drive/bogie assembly in one of these early tandems?

Basically they're quite similar to what was installed on tandem L or B models. The banjo shape was slightly different and neat-looking axle bumpers were used to limit their travel up to the frame rails. Those were a pack of spring leaves attached to the lover side of the rail, the same spot you can see a bumper on a B or even R/DM. Looked like a common spring pack cut in halves and one such half is installed above each axle end. Sorry difficult to describe and probably more difficult to figure out. I just don't have a pic handy. There's a book with green cover of Mack historical series describing early F-series trucks. You will find detailed shots of those bogies there along many other amazing photos.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking the same thing I also looks like it has a long hood,wonder what motor was under it.Could the trailer be an early Rodgers ,I read in an add that there trailer were built so that any beam could carry the full tonnage rating of the trailer so if it was a 30 ton trailer each beam was 30 ton rated.They used to side load in those days

Wow. I wonder what model that truck is.... it looks like a FW front with a chain drive tandem. I have never heard of an fwsw. The truck looks to small to be an Fcsw. It can’t be an fksw with an L cab because those were worm driven. 

• 1 month later...