2000 CL E7-427 upgrades

2000CL713

42 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Vacation spoiling Road 🐐Goats :angry:. Hate'm!

Yep! Insurance will probably total the Tahoe, the glass guy charged us $177 but wrote it up like we paid $308. So we will get $308  back from the insurance company. Which will about  cover the speeding ticket . Lol

1 hour ago, 2000CL713 said:

Sorry to hear that Mackpro. Could always be worse. Sometimes you just need to make the best of a bad situation. 

Yep. Wife won't buy anything but large American made steel SUV's for this reason. If we were driving anything smaller , the deer would have been in our lap.  We were gonna trade it in next month as we're approaching 300,000 trouble free miles on the Tahoe.  Uses no oil and has been perfect. 

4 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

I dont know about mack but with the freightliner dearer that i worked at epa came in often and would look at all of the down loads from DD to see if each download matched the proper engine.

This is true with  the Mack MP engine diagnostic software (PremiumTech Tool). But with the "Grey" motors not so much. I don't want to go into detail as Mack/Volvo/EPA might change the way we do programming on the "Grey" motors. But let's say we're ok for now! Lol

1 hour ago, Mackpro said:

Yep. Wife won't buy anything but large American made steel SUV's for this reason. If we were driving anything smaller , the deer would have been in our lap.  We were gonna trade it in next month as we're approaching 300,000 trouble free miles on the Tahoe.  Uses no oil and has been perfect. 

Sounds like you got the goodies out of the tahoe.    terry:thumb:

1 hour ago, Mackpro said:

You deff got your monies worth on that truck lol what year is it?

new resized.jpg

Hate GM, took Government bail out, declared bankruptcy then crowed about how they paid back the money, Pure BS. Oh and screwed the small investor who got nothing but bailed out the union, real American heros that bunch are, and Obama blessed the deal because they backed him, should have gone broke. Pure BS. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mackpro said:

Ironically, I had a goat bum rush my compact from the side, middle of the day, wide open run toward my left. I saw him, he saw me, he jump so high I drove under the rear half of his body as we crossed.

Thought to myself " glad I didn't have the F150, it would have been in my passenger Seat.".

6 hours ago, JAMKAR said:

How about has anyone detuned a 460 (software change only) back to 380 or 427?

Only on the CCRS ETECH engine . 2002-2003 year  model. We went from 460 down to 427 to get rid of the waste gated turbo required for the 460 hp program. We did this to several trucks. Also we did a 2014 505 Plus down to a 505 due to the extra torque causing vibrations 

• 4 weeks later...

wanted to updated this thread in case someone will be in the same position as me and wanted to know which way to go when they saw the thread...

i ended up going with the 460xt file and happy i did. what i did was buy a used ECM and had the 460xt file loaded onto that. now i have 2 ECMs with both extremes. everything worked out fine. plugged the 460xt ECM into my truck and she fired right up. all i need to do is shut off a few sensors that my truck differs. other then that it ran perfect. 

now comparing the two files. when unloaded you do notice a difference but where it shines is when you are loaded. places where my 427 ECM would bog down no longer does now with the 460xt ECM. pulls nice and smooth. also gets up to speed faster which is nice. 

as for as cooling and gas temps. my water temp gauge with the 427 ECM the needle would be on the "8" on the 180 marking. now my needle is on the "0" of the 180 marking. thats the only way to put it since it didnt move much (lol) but again that could be anything. maybe the new file is setup to run like that. idk. but on my CL thats where it lands. the big surprise is my exhaust gas temps dropped about 100 degrees which is a good thing..... note- i do shift at a higher RPM then i did with the 427 ECM so that might effect these numbers as well. 

im pushing about 28lbs of boost with the 460xt file with a load on. i was told i should be in the 30-32 range so i might be down a few lbs of boost which i need to fine out why and when thats fixed it will even be better. i can creep to the 30 range if spin it up to 1800rpms but that seems like alot of rpms to me. im keeping in the 1600 to 1700rpms when shifting. never shifted even close to 1700 with the 427 bc it was dead before that. where the 460xt is pulling in that range. 

lastly if anyone is going back and forth which to get and your truck is setup to support this file i recommend it over the standard 460. i dont think id be happy with the non-xt file bc id just be wondering what the diff is just like i did with the 427 lol. also i wouldnt run the 460xt file if i had drivers on my trucks. your just asking for shit to break. most company drivers i know wouldnt know they needed fuel until the truck stopped on the side of the road. they are very careless. im a O/O so i dont have that issue. 

my plans are to run this XT file for a year and come next winter i might toss in stg 2 injectors ontop of this file but we will see how it does in the summertime. 

cant thank everyone enough for the help. especially Mackpro. 

• Like 1

new resized.jpg

Btw. On the 460xt vs 427. On my truck the 460xt uses about 5-6gals of fuel more a day. That's a rought number tho. Only on my 2nd day but there is noticeable difference in fuel usage for anyone wondering. My 427 and my cosins 460 got about the same fuel usage. 

Edited by 2000CL713

new resized.jpg

• 2 weeks later...