Montana Big (smokey) Sky Country

B MACK

Here are some views of northwest Montana over the past month or so.  Not much relief in site, we are going to need a real early snow..   Our whole state has fires.  Monday I heard in the state we had over 800,000 acers on fire or already burned, and over 500,000 of those acers are in northwest part of the state.   And since Monday all of the fires had blown up, some almost doubling.     The pict of the big smoke plume, that plume is close to 100 miles away..

Seeley from East Glacier.JPG

West Glacier,Mt.JPG

Kalispell,Mt.JPG

Kila,Mt.JPG

salmon lake  Seeley.JPG

Two Medicine,East Glacier,Mt.JPG

• Like 1

Amazing! Hope all turns out o.k.    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hope you don't mind if I share a few more smoke and fire pics here on you thread bmack. 

Helicopter bucketing water to a nearby fire while I was working in my mill. 

smoke plume rising in the park on my way over to the mill. 

IMG_1144.thumb.JPG.e9b4f00ce487c226c78bf909a93c039c.JPG

then it was clear st the summit on the way back the day of the eclipse 

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

The "face" looks like Teddy Roosevelt!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

See this one from Florence bmack? Notice the "face" blowing on the fire?

image.thumb.jpeg.343227e222376f1cee38fd90057a8d82.jpeg

Wow that face is cool. Amazing how that showed up...     Hey, NO problem sharing the smoke thread,   seems like most of the time we here in Montana are left unmentioned.    Even though we have the #1 wild fire in the nation, we are not L.A.  so it doesn't get the coverage.   Kinda like the snow and blizzards in the winter.

• Like 1

Well Zinke gave a speech the other day and said no more of this no logging and then let it burn bs. He said it costs us way to much not only putting the fires out but also losing the money that state and federal timber sales brought into our tax base. Hopefully he is successful in bringing more common sense back to US industries. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

Well Zinke gave a speech the other day and said no more of this no logging and then let it burn bs. He said it costs us way to much not only putting the fires out but also losing the money that state and federal timber sales brought into our tax base. Hopefully he is successful in bringing more common sense back to US industries. 

Bet you get one of our former members out there protesting the loss of one the rare North American Pink Speckled Trouser Trouts haunts... .

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

there you go.....the all mighty all american ways now.....the minority vote,,,,and the animals always come first .....no matter how many people starve to death in the process.......ya baby,,,,what a country.....i see some of that nonsence starting to turn around,,,,with my boy,,,,mr trump....bob

• Like 2

Bet you get one of our former members out there protesting the loss of one the rare North American Pink Speckled Trouser Trouts haunts... .

there you go.....the all mighty all american ways now.....the minority vote,,,,and the animals always come first .....no matter how many people starve to death in the process.......ya baby,,,,what a country.....i see some of that nonsence starting to turn around,,,,with my boy,,,,mr trump....bob

Yeah it's funny how all the animals and animal habitats that get wiped out never get mentioned. Hopefully we can start truly taking care of our forests. 

• Like 2

Friend's pet pig is named Bacon!

When my grand kids ask where the lambs, bunnies and rabbits are, I tell them they are on vacation at Club Westinghouse. They haven't caught on yet.

Good name! My 55 chevy is named IT. My family picked the name. "When you gonna paint IT? Why is IT so loud? Why doesn't IT have an interior? How can you drive IT?" 

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well I checked the forecast and we're supposed to get a half inch of rain Thursday some Friday and another quarter of an inch in Saturday. Extended forecast says rain through next Wednesday. Let's hope so. 

• Like 1