Here We Go Again

fxfymn

Here's hoping and praying that all the folks in South Florida and the Caribbean come through Irma safe and sound.

The DW and I drove back to Charleston yesterday to get our RV and my hoopdy out of here and board up the house we have been renovating before any potential landfall here. There have been gas lines here already. Number one son, wife, and daughter are headed out this week end to friends in Charlotte if the storm is headed here.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Hey all!  been a bit busy last few days.
For us along the east coast, it is looking better, BUT!!!!, that can change.

have shutters for all openings, 3/4 are in place. Just keeping a few to let the dog out

Have 4..no 3 generators full of gas, and plenty gas cans. son just took #4 to a friends house.

Lots of water, food, snacks,

will be able to run a generator on the patio during to keep safe room cool. (Mother will NOT!!! be happy without A/C)

After, it goes in the yard and extension cords to run reefer and freezer

Will Check back as the situation goes.

Figure about 8 pm Sat. we will lock it down and enjoy the ride Sunday

• Like 2

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Good Luck!

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

We drove back from Charleston today. An 8 hour trip took 10 hours with a lot of stop and go traffic on 95 from Lumberton, NC to the point where I-295 splits from 95 south of Richmond. Surprisingly we had a hard time finding fuel when we stopped for lunch in Rocky Mount, NC. Two of the three stations we checked were out of regular, but all had diesel.

It looks like we will luck out and the storm will not cause significant damage in the Charleston area.

I tried very hard to remember how hard this is on the folks who were headed north, but to say it was frustrating to deal with folks who drove in the left lane at 55 mph is not close to how I felt. Oh well, we made it and I think I only cursed out one or two old ladies who wouldn't get out of the left lane.:unsure:

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I feel your pain I spend around 200 miles on my route 2 Lanes I don't generally worry about it I'm usually not in any hurry north or south and they usually peel off somewhere... at least you have an RV it makes things a little easier than trying to bunk up with relatives good luck to you and hope for the best...bob

Thanks for the prayers an d wishes guys! Have never thought about buying a generator in our 25 yrs here but went looking for one today none in the county! But it is just a convenience, we have extra food,water batteries etc,we are 6 miles inland with lots of trees between us and the gulf! But If I lived in south Florida, I'd have a generator and plywood or storm shutters like Hat City does! There were a bunch of gas lines and people driving around like idiots the last two days! They say impending disasters bring out the best and the worst in people! And it's the truth! At this point the forecasters don't know exactly what areas will get hit the worst they keep changing their predictions, but are sure we will all get hit by some wind and rain! Andrew is the worst destruction I've ever seen! And this storm is much stronger so we are taking it seriously!

• Like 2

That's  messed up were all praying for all of you guys down there...we.ve been kicking around a generator for years keep blowing it off ....only thing around here is loosing power once every few years...but when you need them you need them and it's alot more comfortable with them....bob

Weeki wachee Florida (Brooksville) 50 mi n of Tampa! Used to live in Lauderdale Lakes, down by you Hat! The latest forecast has Irma heading more nw toward us but Miami/Dade will almost certainly get the first impact!, Cuba has already gotten damage 159 mph winds have hit northern Cuba! That's the same as Andrew and I personally saw the aftermath of Andrew and I think you have as well! Andrew caused 25 billion in damage,second only to Katrina! I'm watching the weather channel Jim Cantore is in Miami nothing there yet what are you seeing Hat?

Weeki wachee Florida (Brooksville) 50 mi n of Tampa! Used to live in Lauderdale Lakes, down by you Hat! The latest forecast has Irma heading more nw toward us but Miami/Dade will almost certainly get the first impact!, Cuba has already gotten damage 159 mph winds have hit northern Cuba! That's the same as Andrew and I personally saw the aftermath of Andrew and I think you have as well! Andrew caused 25 billion in damage,second only to Katrina! I'm watching the weather channel Jim Cantore is in Miami nothing there yet what are you seeing Hat?

BillyT-i'm sorry that you are now in the danger zone. We were in that area until about Friday am. What we are expecting is tropical to hurricane gusts.....gusts!!

We are still expecting power to go out. Some tree damage and poorly built things (sheds) mobile homes type

You stay safe

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Duck and Cover time!  Be safe folks.

Hat, hope the Claw is greased up.  Sounds like you will need it on the other side.

yeppers.... greased and all ready, don't expect much to do here, but willing to go to the west coast for a few