Had an uninvited guest in the garage...

RowdyRebel

Very glad we don't have those things, the closest thing we have to that is a timber tiger (pine squirrel) or a muskrat but they stay in the water. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Never used to have a problem with them...'til the river came up and the farmer's grain bins were all emptied.  Until harvest, won't be any more grain in the bins.  Elevator in town also closed up shop, so now the population that WAS previously well-fed is out looking for new digs.  They're not welcome here, though.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I've got dogs. Not going to use poison anywhere they might be able to get at it, and don't want them eating the critters they find who had eaten it.  That limits me to trapping them.  Not only that, but I had a snap trap get one once, but it managed to get out of the trap and died under some shelves.  Garage smelled REALLY bad for a while until I finally tracked down where it was coming from and disposed of the rotting carcass.  With poison, no telling WHERE they'll keel over and die...hopefully outside, but with my luck it'll be inside the wall, crawl space, attic, or in some other hiding place where it'll stink up the joint until I find it.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I put the bowls under storage items out of direct rain and away from house/buildings. Under camper, pickup, all the things mice love to destroy. One weatherproof bait station in the woodpile. I move the fight to them. Last week, window open, I heard a blood curdling midnight death squeal 😵. Wife was running around the house thinking it was our kids. Found a stiff coon in the morning. Those things can't give up the ghost without waking the entire country mile. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For next time...

Rat Jerky

15 Rats
1.Take all rats and with a smoking gun, smoker or cold smoker, smoke the rats with hickory until they have a smokey flavor.
2. Season the rats with salt and pepper. Line the rats on a grate with a sheet tray underneath.
3. Set the oven to 280 degrees, place the rats in the oven and cook for three hours, or until rats are crispy on the outside.
4. Let the rats cool, and then pull the meat off of the bodies into bite size pieces.
5. Serve meat at room temperature.

• Like 1

Wife has been pretty understanding when it comes to her finding engine or transmission parts and pieces in the oven or freezer.  Fairly certain, though, that wouldn't be the case with a rat in the oven.

Speaking of which, mine still doesn't understand why I put bearing races in the freezer and brake rotors in the oven while redoing the wheel bearings on the race car.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

The local Asian restaurant had two bowls of cat food out back the other day!😁 I keep my spare 93 Isuzu p.u in the woods behind the house, a family of wood rats built a huge nest of sticks in the cab!I pulled the brake booster off the firewall leaving a hole,with the master cylinder dangling in space by the hydraulic lines! So I'm salvaging some little part from under the hood and this little face with beady eyes and a pointed nose appears in the hole and is watching me work! They never appear at the house so I let him slide! Not so the scorpions! They get a one way trip from the toilet into the septic system!

l had a small black bear in the driveway the afternoon of the eclipse. He was confused also as to which way to run. One end of the drive there was traffic and on the other end there was me on the tractor. Saw him again in the back yard 30 mins or so later.  Hippy........... 

Here is a story that made the local newspaper some years back.

A retired couple that moved here bought a place on the edge of the valley, base of the Blue Mountains. One night he heard a noise in his garage/shop which didn't have the power hooked up yet. So he grabbed his trusty mag-light and went for a look-see. He shined it all over then bent down to look in the shelves on his work bench.

He move the light according to the story from the farthest part of the shelf back towards him. Then {IMO} he filled his pants, Staring straight at him from four feet away was a full grown cougar that climbed on to that shelf. He was smart enough to keep the light aimed at the cougars eyes and backed his way to the door of the house.:o

Sheriff took care of the cougar.

Truck Shop

One ping only